Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, sylofox said:

I'm sure they will both be so happy to know your sat on the shitter thinking of them. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’d make their bloody day mate!

Right, gotta scadaddle

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It really dont need one. Even if it's made up it's the truth.

The original article was posted in response to someone saying the club doesn't comment on transfer rumours, as if the club has commented on the rumours in the article. 

Of course he's not for sale...but the club doesn't actually say it.

I feel between now and end of August Chelsea will stump up the required amount. Or that Fofana will try and force a move through. 

And then it'll be too late for us to get any other signings through the door :(

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I feel between now and end of August Chelsea will stump up the required amount. Or that Fofana will try and force a move through. 

And then it'll be too late for us to get any other signings through the door :(

if our recruitment dept is doing its job properly, you should see us linked with some CB's over the next few weeks (better than colwill).  we need to have our ducks in a row in the event that chelsea come in with an offer we cannot refuse.   its v v doubtful that they would but you have to be there with your plans because the player would not be happy if they offered £90m and we knocked it back.  

• Like 1

I'd see £80m as a bargain for Chelsea to be honest. Ake to City for like £40m with 2 years on his contract, Ben White going for £50m...I just get the feeling we're seeing a really special player in Fofana, same way it was apparent when Kante stepped on the pitch. Even his attitude during the injury seemed exemplary - and he's only 21! Still think he should be the first £100m defender.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've seen him several times, was already aware of how highly he was rated in Chelsea's academy but it was his performances at Championship level where its proven he's well on his way to the sort of progression that will see him step up seamlessly.

I want Colwill regardless of Fofana being linked to them, if Fofana were to go I'd want another exceptional young defender, this isn't me saying Colwill slots in instead of Fofana and off we go.

We don't need proven Premier League players, it's the biggest waste of money and red herring in top level football.

This has to be our transfer strategy too. We shouldn't be paying the premium that comes with "prem proven". Smart buys for those we think can step up allows us to keep competitive in the transfer market and steadily improve the squad - Fofana, Maddison, Justin all great examples of us doing this. It's sad when we lose a top talent for big bucks - but if we reinvest smartly then we continue to grow.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Unfortunately its a new number one we are on the look out for, not a number two.

Awesome bants in here. We may not be able to sign anyone.

But no fecker can buy our sense of humour.

Edited by sylofox

The reason Colwill should be insisted in any deal is not because he will replace Fofana, we want Colwill as well as Fofana but because we owe St Etienne a % of any profit and it'll be huge given the fee we'd demand, we'd save money on one of our main targets. We would then still need to replace Fofana - not easy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The reason Colwill should be insisted in any deal is not because he will replace Fofana, we want Colwill as well as Fofana but because we owe St Etienne a % of any profit and it'll be huge given the fee we'd demand, we'd save money on one of our main targets. We would then still need to replace Fofana - not easy.

Colwill would have to be given a value for FFP so we would still pay. The % will be on what the deal is worth not what's paid.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

20 percent 

On Friday, St Étienne and Leicester City confirmed the transfer of 19-year-old French central defender Wesley Fofana, in a €35m + €5m bonuses deal, which also includes a 20% sell-on percentage fee clause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

20 percent 

On Friday, St Étienne and Leicester City confirmed the transfer of 19-year-old French central defender Wesley Fofana, in a €35m + €5m bonuses deal, which also includes a 20% sell-on percentage fee clause.

wow. That’s a huge offer we made..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

20 percent 

Woah, he’s definitely worth it but I can’t see is making an offer like that for anyone we’ve been linked with this window.