Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, blue blood said:

Didn’t he do the whole social media thing when he came to play for our club? I’m resigned to him leaving.

He did. Also, St. Etienne told just us to jump into a lake until we met their seemingly over-inflated valuation. It wasn't his antics that got the move, it was us meeting St. Etienne's price -- and they actually did need the cash that year.

• Like 3

Ref the social media thing… I reckon he probably did (or was advised to stir it up). 

Then to be swiftly told, you can play those games if you want, but our price is THE price, so give over for your own sake because if you want to leave, these tricks won’t help you.

We’ve seen it before, Top won’t be bullied into a sale. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

The question is, how much is a 21 year old centre back (a position we are quite weak in) who has the potential to be world class, with 5 years remaining on his contract worth to us? Bare in mind that we would owe St Ettiene 20% of the profit we make. I'd say a lot more than 80 million to be honest. Personally, I would just simply refuse to do a deal this summer no matter the price. We need to make a statement to these so called bigger clubs that they can't just decide to try and sign our best players in August, so if a deal hasn't been signed by the end of July then it's a no go for that summer. 

Just say no.... channeling grange hill

If I was him I'd definitely rile up the Internet fans just for a laugh. 99% of the fan base won't even hear about what he does on social media. 

Maybe he just thinks we all need to get out more and likes messing with us lot  but is much more fond of the rest of the Leicester fans. 

Rudkin and Co exploited the Maguire situation perfectly as they reached the stage where they had to sign him for whatever the cost to preserve the Man Utd juggernaut persona. Not signing him from a 'lesser' club would've been bad for the image and not sit well with a fan base that historically expects the club to buy any player they want. 

Chelsea are now into that territory wanting to flex their wallet to prove what a huge club they think they are. They are sending out a message, not only to their fan base, but all other clubs. 

They will most likely sign him but LCFC will have again exploited the stupidness of another overbearing club. 

Another way of looking at it is the club said he can most likely go 2023 - lots of clubs be alert to it and most likely save some money with that in mind, ideally a huge bidding war occurs and I can’t see why we can’t get £100m if he plays for France and stays injury free 

• Like 1

I don't think if Romano is doing anything different this window but he is getting seriously annoying - not necessarily because he's talking about our players potentially leaving but the way he's doing it. This has clearly come from Chelsea and Fofana's agents, nothing about our stance which is disrespectful:

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Another way of looking at it is the club said he can most likely go 2023 - lots of clubs be alert to it and most likely save some money with that in mind, ideally a huge bidding war occurs and I can’t see why we can’t get £100m if he plays for France and stays injury free 

If he has the kind of season we know he can have, he'll go for over 100 million next summer, especially if PSG and ManCity get into a bidding war. We could just be letting Chelsea keep bidding this window, so people know what number to start with in 2023.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don't think if Romano is doing anything different this window but he is getting seriously annoying - not necessarily because he's talking about our players potentially leaving but the way he's doing it. This has clearly come from Chelsea and Fofana's agents, nothing about our stance which is disrespectful:

The thing is he will burn his bridges with clubs in the process. He's floundering  because Raiola has passed away who was his main source for big stories 

• Like 2

Having seen Chelsea’s defence last weekend, I would just tell them to do one and watch them go full on panic mode for a CB. 

if they’ve got a ‘dodgy’ defence and no striker heading into the final week of the window,  relations between tuchel and boehly could get v strained. 

Spurs could put four past them on Sunday 

Edited by st albans fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The thing is he will burn his bridges with clubs in the process. He's floundering  because Raiola has passed away who was his main source for big stories 

He has no sources at the clubs and lots of the more serious jounos think he's a buffoon.

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

It's not just Romano - most of the journalists who post stories about other clubs wanting our players clearly do not have any credible contacts at Leicester. They will write about entirely fictitious 'valuations' we have supposedly set and imply that talks are 'ongoing' when in reality all that's happened is that a club has made an offer for one of our players and we have immediately rejected it. The only people at our club who will know our stance on a transfer are Top, Whelan and Rudkin, and possibly Rodgers. Are these journalists speaking to any of them? It seems incredibly unlikely. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Surely Chelsea will be speaking with Leicester, can't see why they'd waste their time talking to Fofana's agent? He's not the one that ssets the price.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Surely Chelsea will be speaking with Leicester, can't see why they'd waste their time talking to Fofana's agent? He's not the one that ssets the price.

Imagine its so his agent then gets in Fofana's ear and tries to push the move on. If the agent knows he/she is going to get a massive pay day they will apply the pressure. 

The end of the day if Fofana hands in a transfer request the price drops massively. I cant see him doing it personally but it will be what the agent will want. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Imagine its so his agent then gets in Fofana's ear and tries to push the move on. If the agent knows he/she is going to get a massive pay day they will apply the pressure. 

The end of the day if Fofana hands in a transfer request the price drops massively. I cant see him doing it personally but it will be what the agent will want. 

Agent loses a slice of the loyalty bonus as well - that will be quite high, early into the new contract 

43 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If he has the kind of season we know he can have, he'll go for over 100 million next summer, especially if PSG and ManCity get into a bidding war. We could just be letting Chelsea keep bidding this window, so people know what number to start with in 2023.

Hope you're right. Wes could do far better than Chelsea if he's a little patient. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agent loses a slice of the loyalty bonus as well - that will be quite high, early into the new contract 

yeah that is one thing, but i am sure Chelsea will sort their loses out for them.

As i have said many times its the agents are one of the main reasons football is in such a mess. 

• Like 1