Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah that is one thing, but i am sure Chelsea will sort their loses out for them.

As i have said many times its the agents are one of the main reasons football is in such a mess. 

One problem is that football transfers are so international, so it is hard to put rules in place. The U.S. sports -- since no one else really plays them, at least not at the same level -- have rules for agents. In the NFL and NBA, for example, agents get below 5 percent of a player's contract according to league rules.

"Agency" is supposed to be a legal term with definitions. Foremost among them is that you are supposed to serve your client's interests, not your own. However, when a club is paying agents' fees, when agents get a piece of a transfer price, etc., it means that the agent is serving both the club and the player (and primarily himself.) Frankly, it should be illegal. However, given the fact that the Premier League generally gives out the best contracts (outside of the failed Super League teams), it should put rules in place for registration of agents and limits to how much they can make. Yes, a few will just keep their business to the Spanish and Italian giants, but most players would want an agent who could do business with the Premier League.

The Premier League (well, the FA) has acted unilaterally before, when third party ownership was banned, and this is sifting down through the rest of Europe. It should do the same with money grubbing agents.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don't think if Romano is doing anything different this window but he is getting seriously annoying - not necessarily because he's talking about our players potentially leaving but the way he's doing it. This has clearly come from Chelsea and Fofana's agents, nothing about our stance which is disrespectful:

This window in particular he's just been spouting the same "information" just using different words each day for every big saga. Some of his stuff is spot on, but that's becoming much rarer

Edited by UniFox21

30 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Imagine its so his agent then gets in Fofana's ear and tries to push the move on. If the agent knows he/she is going to get a massive pay day they will apply the pressure. 

The end of the day if Fofana hands in a transfer request the price drops massively. I cant see him doing it personally but it will be what the agent will want. 

Why would the price drop? The contract period remains the same and any request can be denied. He simply cannot sulk for best part of 5 years.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

All it needs is Top to say that Fofana is not for sale in This window and we can close this thread.

But it’s not that simple is it.

As much as we don’t like it, if a record bid comes in, we’d definitely consider it.

Any business would be stupid not to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All it needs is Top to say that Fofana is not for sale in This window and we can close this thread.

Every player has their price. People can say what they want, but if Chelsea throw over £100m at us, it'll be accepted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

As much as we don’t like it, if a record bid comes in, we’d definitely consider it.

Cost benefit , we retain Fofana achieve prize money in the PL and his value is retained or enhanced. We sell Fofana and have a poor season we lose the potential prize money or European football and sponsorship. Next summer after a good season and a proper replacement lined up we can consider offers .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Cost benefit , we retain Fofana achieve prize money in the PL and his value is retained or enhanced. We sell Fofana and have a poor season we lose the potential prize money or European football and sponsorship. Next summer after a good season and a proper replacement lined up we can consider offers .

Exactly this. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I genuinely think it IS that simple. 
This season, if we sell Fofana and don’t replace him with a real quality CB I think we could get drawn into a relegation fight.

He’s on a long contract. Keep him at least this year and if he wants to leave, he can do so with the blessing of the club at the end of this season. 
Use some good people management, draw a line under it and let him play well for his dream move next summer

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Every player has their price. People can say what they want, but if Chelsea throw over £100m at us, it'll be accepted.

Chelsea's accountants would go ballistic if they did that. No defender , no matter who he is , is worth that. Even £80 million is a massive risk. However he could be around that after a good injury free season. That will mean a profit of about £35 million after costs . We actually made a clear £50 million on Chilwell.

Edited by An Sionnach

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely think it IS that simple. 
This season, if we sell Fofana and don’t replace him with a real quality CB I think we could get drawn into a relegation fight.

He’s on a long contract. Keep him at least this year and if he wants to leave, he can do so with the blessing of the club at the end of this season. 
Use some good people management, draw a line under it and let him play well for his dream move next summer

By the very nature of these replies suggests it isn’t simple. So many considerations and if, buts and maybes 

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chelsea's accountants would go ballistic if they did that. No defender , not matter who he is , is worth that. Even £80 million is a massive risk. However he could be around that after a good injury free season. That will mean a profit of about £35 million after costs . We actually made a clear £50 million on Chilwell.

Well, we developed Chilwell since he was single digits so there was time and cost involved.

40 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why would the price drop? The contract period remains the same and any request can be denied. He simply cannot sulk for best part of 5 years.

we wouldn't let our best asset sit sulking for 4+ years watching his value drop. 

If he comes out publicly and says he wants to leave we will have to striek a deal.  

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

we wouldn't let our best asset sit sulking for 4+ years watching his value drop. 

If he comes out publicly and says he wants to leave we will have to striek a deal.  

I am glad you are not running our Club. His value will go up this time next year if he has a good injury free season.  We DO   NOT have to strike a deal if it does not benefit our Club. You sound like Romano….

Just now, mozartfox said:

I am glad you are not running our Club. His value will go up this time next year if he has a good injury free season.  We DO   NOT have to strike a deal if it does not benefit our Club. You sound like Romano….

what are you on about?? If he sulks and refuses to play you really think we are going to get more for him next season?! I said that  IF he goes public with his desire to leave we would have to sell. We cannot afford to have a asset sitting around losing value. 

We are fortunate that currently it seems to be his agent pushing for the move rather than Fofana. 

46 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

One problem is that football transfers are so international, so it is hard to put rules in place. The U.S. sports -- since no one else really plays them, at least not at the same level -- have rules for agents. In the NFL and NBA, for example, agents get below 5 percent of a player's contract according to league rules.

"Agency" is supposed to be a legal term with definitions. Foremost among them is that you are supposed to serve your client's interests, not your own. However, when a club is paying agents' fees, when agents get a piece of a transfer price, etc., it means that the agent is serving both the club and the player (and primarily himself.) Frankly, it should be illegal. However, given the fact that the Premier League generally gives out the best contracts (outside of the failed Super League teams), it should put rules in place for registration of agents and limits to how much they can make. Yes, a few will just keep their business to the Spanish and Italian giants, but most players would want an agent who could do business with the Premier League.

The Premier League (well, the FA) has acted unilaterally before, when third party ownership was banned, and this is sifting down through the rest of Europe. It should do the same with money grubbing agents.

I don't think it would be that difficult to sort if they really want to.

They spout on about making football sustainable and then let shady characters like the recently departed Mino Raiola cream of millions, his net worth was 90m when he died.

If they are serious about sustainability they need to sort agents sucking money out of the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

what are you on about?? If he sulks and refuses to play you really think we are going to get more for him next season?! I said that  IF he goes public with his desire to leave we would have to sell. We cannot afford to have a asset sitting around losing value. 

We are fortunate that currently it seems to be his agent pushing for the move rather than Fofana. 

He has 5 years left on his contract he can't afford to sulk if he did he could be left out of our team and then never get the big move he wants. 

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

He has 5 years left on his contract he can't afford to sulk if he did he could be left out of our team and then never get the big move he wants. 

it simply wouldn't happen. We aren't a big enough / cannot afford to 'let him rot in the reserves' 

IF he pushes for a move publicly it will happen. 

Guest Col city fan
31 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

By the very nature of these replies suggests it isn’t simple. So many considerations and if, buts and maybes 

What I’m trying to say is that I consider it simple.

Slap a ‘not for sale’ on.

Play him, have an half decent season and tell him he can go next summer.

The ONLY potential broken spoke I can see in that particular wheel is the injury. IF he goes on to get injured again and we haven’t sold him when we could, then we’ve missed a trick there, potentially. 
But you can’t plan that stuff. By all accounts he’s now over his injury.

85 mill now would be 85 mill next summer. His value won’t decrease. 
Success or failure with this plan would depend ENTIRELY on how he’s managed. People management skills are still important (thank God) and if he’s a decent lad he’ll understand what the plan is. If he isn’t… then that muddies the waters.

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

You do know that if he were to refuse to play (as you referenced) he will not get paid?  Plus his World Cup ambitions would be in tatters. So that would be a really smart tactic on his part would it not?  I trust Top to do the best for this Club, let’s just leave it there as I am bored with all this. 

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He has five years on his contract. He will have four years next summer. He isn't going to refuse to play! That won't get him a move, that will destroy any chance he has to play for France.

Mahrez did sulk and ended up missing, what? Two games, I think. Kane sulked, but then went on playing.

There is no way Fofana goes on strike all season. No club would want him.