Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Because he is bored of it already 

Aren’t we all. This window feels like an eternity.  6 plus weeks of total bollooks.  And still over 2 weeks until it’s over. Mind you if we sell Fofana, our season will be over anyway.

Article by Percy... those bids are even more of a joke than what was being reported before!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/11/chelsea-told-make-world-record-offer-sign-wesley-fofana/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1660254037

Chelsea told to make world-record offer to sign Wesley Fofana

Leicester will only consider a record-breaking offer for Wesley Fofana, as Chelsea prepare to make a third bid.

Fofana is a priority target for Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, who has seen bids of £50 million and £60m rejected by Leicester already this summer.

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Objectively 60M is a fair offer - one of the largest amounts ever for a defender (7th, and 2 of those are De ligt) , and for a 21 year old with zero international caps.  Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.  Also I guess Ben White being worth 52M...

Lol nah

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, marbles said:

You’re only taking his performance into consideration.  You forget his worth to the club.  The fact that we have no replacement, and there is no time to get one.  That’s what makes him worth 100mill to us

I literally said that Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.

That doesn't mean Chelsea are going to pay it, and it explains why the offer they made is not insulting, but objectively perfectly reasonable.

40 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I literally said that Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.

That doesn't mean Chelsea are going to pay it, and it explains why the offer they made is not insulting, but objectively perfectly reasonable.

I don’t agree.

Reasonable would have been at the beginning of the window.  

Chelsea don’t do reasonable. They load cannons full of money, and blast them at clubs in order to sign players, half of which end up flopping. A little planning and restraint on their part could solve a lot of their problems. 

At least with Abramovich he occasionally had the decent signing. Boehly looks to be significantly worse.

Edited by samarium62

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The narrative over the last 24 hours says to me that if they bid £80m we might sell and if they bid £85m then we will sell. 

we ain’t gonna see anything more than that 

We may do next season.  Screw Chelsea.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Objectively 60M is a fair offer - one of the largest amounts ever for a defender (7th, and 2 of those are De ligt) , and for a 21 year old with zero international caps.  Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.  Also I guess Ben White being worth 52M...

That’s not an unreasonable logic you’ve applied, other than the fact that Chelsea have thrown £62m at Brighton this summer for 24yr old left back with one senior international appearance…

Purchase price for Wes as with any top level CB prospect is probably currently about 70m, but because of his value to us and his impact on being sold (i.e.; Replacement in the remaining time, recognition of loss of capability, lack of suitabler cover, etc) it is what we say it is. As with the Coutinho and Neymar thing, Maguire needs to mbe viewed as an outlier, not an indicative value, but if he were to be sold, I imagine those numbers would be realistic once more, although would fully expect we get less next Summer than we potentially could this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hales said:

Price is irrelevant if we have no one to replace him and are not able to get anyone. We would seriously weaken our team.  This is too late to happen now. Go away Chelsea!

Bet  they wish they still had Colwill or Sarr as a make weight.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers is already shifting the blame to Top if by selling Wes our form deteriorates. He will not carry the can for the club and the departure by mutual consent ( with massive compensation) will be on the cards.

in what way is this unjust?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No I will be on Rodgers's side with this one. He has made his position on Fofana clear. 

Me too. If Top allows this, this will be a massive bad judgement call by KP.

• Like 3

To summarize this. Chelsea let two CB’s contracts run down, get stiffed by Barce on a replacement signing and are now trying to fvck our season.   Time to tell Boehly to f-off Top. It really is.  This is all very unsettling.

• Like 2