Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Objectively 60M is a fair offer - one of the largest amounts ever for a defender (7th, and 2 of those are De ligt) , and for a 21 year old with zero international caps.  Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.  Also I guess Ben White being worth 52M...

We shouldn’t even take £80m if we can sweet talk him into playing another year. He will be worth at least as much if not more plus additional monies from finishing higher up the table. I think the club have got this right demanding a record fee. Personally I would keep Maddison as long as we can and fofana at least another year. We will have a lot of business to do next summer but will have more time to sort ourselves out internally in the meantime. If we can get a decent fee for Tielemans this summer then so be it and it may enable us to let some others go on reduced fees and maybe a late addition or two before the deadline (RW and CB depending on outgoings). Youri has been a very good player for us but he clearly wants out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Objectively 60M is a fair offer - one of the largest amounts ever for a defender (7th, and 2 of those are De ligt) , and for a 21 year old with zero international caps.  Its is only because we don't have any alternatives that he is worth more to us.  Also I guess Ben White being worth 52M...

The 2nd most expensive teenage central defender after De ligt ?

That's right Fofana ! So the fact that Leicester and not one of the big boys took this massive risk and add the 20% profit we owe St Etianne. 

Along with him proving himself in the Prem makes £60 million objectively laughable !

• Like 4

Indeed, other clubs will be just as entitled to ask for top dollar as we are. Works both ways. We can’t expect to sell Fofana for £85-£100 million and then expect other clubs to be reasonable. 

If we sell him for that next summer early doors we will still likely then be asked to pay a premium. Easier to get someone in then I imagine, but won’t be cheap in all likelihood. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The info comes out of his buttocks

This muppet has less then 200 followers. Top please just say ‘No’, so this thread can be shut down.

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Indeed, other clubs will be just as entitled to ask for top dollar as we are. Works both ways. We can’t expect to sell Fofana for £85-£100 million and then expect other clubs to be reasonable. 

If we sell him for that next summer early doors we will still likely then be asked to pay a premium. Easier to get someone in then I imagine, but won’t be cheap in all likelihood. 

Best course of action would be to buy his replacement now, like we did with Soyuncu and Maguire.

34 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hard disagree. We paid £36m for him and St Ettiene have a 20% sell on clause too. If you look at the those top 6 sales, with the exception of De Ligt, they were all much older than Fofana is now - Maguire 26 (85m), VVD 26 (75m), Hernandez 23 (68m), Dias 23 (61m) and, crucially, only had a couple of years left of their contracts at the time. De Ligt had 2 years left too.

Fofana is 21, has European experience all the way up to a semi final and has won an FA Cup in just his two seasons in English football, even with 8 months out with a broken leg. He is 3 months into a new contract with FIVE full years left on it. He's showing the qualities of VVD a full five years younger than VVD was at Southampton and now Liverpool. 

Even looking at Chelsea's recent purchase of Cucurella - £62m for a left back with one season in the Premier League - has shades of Man Utd paying £50m for Wan Bissaka after one season in the Premier League for Palace before trying to offer a similar amount for a CB. Offering the same for a proven talent in Fofana is truly insulting.

Yes we had Man Utd's pants down with the Maguire fee. We knew his flaws and he's been a humiliation for them. 

But Fofana is the real deal, a legit world class defender even at this young age.

I am genuinely not joking when I say we should be getting £120m for him. 

What utter rubbish, so partisan it is painful- of course we, as fans, think he is worth a fortune, and I realise we don’t want to sell so the price is irrelevant but no center back in wold football would fetch such a huge fee, and that’s even accounting for the inflation when you buy from certain clubs.

I think the Maguire fee has skewed peoples concept or reality.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What utter rubbish, so partisan it is painful- of course we, as fans, think he is worth a fortune, and I realise we don’t want to sell so the price is irrelevant but no center back in wold football would fetch such a huge fee, and that’s even accounting for the inflation when you buy from certain clubs.

I think the Maguire fee has skewed peoples concept or reality.  

I look forward to your apology  :claudio:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hard disagree. We paid £36m for him and St Ettiene have a 20% sell on clause too. If you look at the those top 6 sales, with the exception of De Ligt, they were all much older than Fofana is now - Maguire 26 (85m), VVD 26 (75m), Hernandez 23 (68m), Dias 23 (61m) and, crucially, only had a couple of years left of their contracts at the time. De Ligt had 2 years left too.

Fofana is 21, has European experience all the way up to a semi final and has won an FA Cup in just his two seasons in English football, even with 8 months out with a broken leg. He is 3 months into a new contract with FIVE full years left on it. He's showing the qualities of VVD a full five years younger than VVD was at Southampton and now Liverpool. 

Even looking at Chelsea's recent purchase of Cucurella - £62m for a left back with one season in the Premier League - has shades of Man Utd paying £50m for Wan Bissaka after one season in the Premier League for Palace before trying to offer a similar amount for a CB. Offering the same for a proven talent in Fofana is truly insulting.

Yes we had Man Utd's pants down with the Maguire fee. We knew his flaws and he's been a humiliation for them. 

But Fofana is the real deal, a legit world class defender even at this young age.

I am genuinely not joking when I say we should be getting £120m for him. 

Completely agree, if Chelsea spend that on him they can still sell him again next season for more than 150mil to Real or PSG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You may have it willingly when he is sold for your 120m.  :thumbup:

Not saying he'll be sold for that, just saying we should be demanding that... Next summer the price will depreciate slightly.

Anyway, shouldn't we both be on a Chelsea forum winding their fans up? :P

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not saying he'll be sold for that, just saying we should be demanding that... Next summer the price will depreciate slightly.

Anyway, shouldn't we both be on a Chelsea forum winding their fans up? :P

My word, you are right, what am I doing....CFCNet or the ShedEnd, what is todays fancy....  :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxes1 said:

If he goes Chelski they will most likely send him out on loan like every other youngster aged about 21 they have out on loan.

They won't. Their back line is a collective of over-30's. They need another young body to integrate and give them legs to the experience they currently have, and prepare them for the future. It's a necessary purchase for them. But they'll have a ceiling of spend. We hold the cards on this one however.

12 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Chelsea are a strange club. 

Don't give there own youth a chance but quite happy to pay a lot for other teams. 

We are the same....

Happy to pay £35m for a 19 year old with 20 appearances in the French league, but send our own your players out for 3-4 seasons without giving them a sniff of first team action.

If we had just signed Nelson or Wright from the lower leagues for £7-10m JJ style, they would be in first team contention straight away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Chelsea are a strange club. 

Don't give there own youth a chance but quite happy to pay a lot for other teams. 

You could argue that we dont give enough of our youth a chance either.  Quite disappointed to not see more of our youngsters in pre-season, particularly in the bigger matches.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

You could argue that we dont give enough of our youth a chance either.  Quite disappointed to not see more of our youngsters in pre-season, particularly in the bigger matches.

Aside from bassey, how many of our youngsters have gone onto being successful elsewhere ?? 
chelsea are quite different 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Aside from bassey, how many of our youngsters have gone onto being successful elsewhere ?? 
chelsea are quite different 

You are correct, but if you look at Barnes and KDH, both got into the team by accident and happened to be better than their Seniors. We don't seem to send young players out with a view to playing or selling them. Its really odd in that we don't seem to know what to do with them half the time.

• Like 1