Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not saying he'll be sold for that, just saying we should be demanding that... Next summer the price will depreciate slightly.

Anyway, shouldn't we both be on a Chelsea forum winding their fans up? :P

The player will just tell you to screw off putting outrageous price tags on him. Ask what you want, but nobody in the world is paying that, so you may as well just say he’s not for sale. 

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Aside from bassey, how many of our youngsters have gone onto being successful elsewhere ?? 
chelsea are quite different 

Che adams

Edit: could have sworn I had heard he played for us as a youngster and was released but just checked and looks like I was wrong

Edited by lcfcbluearmy

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's a huge disservice to their quality and development through the years.

I have no inside information but I am convinced that KDH has been a surprise to the club. He has effectively done what Soumare was bought to do and done it better. He didn't pull up any trees for the U23s.

Barnes was ripping it up for WBA and there was a load of pressure on Puel to bring him back and play him. He was still reluctant to play him even once he came back.

Just now, kenny said:

I have no inside information but I am convinced that KDH has been a surprise to the club. He has effectively done what Soumare was bought to do and done it better. He didn't pull up any trees for the U23s.

Barnes was ripping it up for WBA and there was a load of pressure on Puel to bring him back and play him. He was still reluctant to play him even once he came back.

They've been highly rated for years. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They've been highly rated for years. 

If that were true or we knew how to look after highly rated players they would have been involved in the first team much earlier than they have been.

Man City's highly rated young players start making first team appearances at 18.

We sent Iversen on loan for 4 years, his reward at the age of 25 is a place on the bench.

1 hour ago, kenny said:

We are the same....

Happy to pay £35m for a 19 year old with 20 appearances in the French league, but send our own your players out for 3-4 seasons without giving them a sniff of first team action.

If we had just signed Nelson or Wright from the lower leagues for £7-10m JJ style, they would be in first team contention straight away.

Justin in fairness wasn't thrown in immediately either and think Fofana's an obvious exception, you can't really compare him to Nelson.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kenny said:

Barnes played his last game for WBA on 1st January 2019. He played his first game for LCFC that season on 12th January off the bench against Southampton and went on to start in 11 of our next 12 games.

He didn't miss a single game between his move from WBA to LCFC. 

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Barnes played his last game for WBA on 1st January 2019. He played his first game for LCFC that season on 12th Feb off the bench against Southampton and went on to start in 11 of our next 12 games.

So 6 weeks and a manager change? Having had a good season in the Championship the year before and we were desperate for creativity at the time.

Just now, kenny said:

So 6 weeks and a manager change? Having had a good season in the Championship the year before and we were desperate for creativity at the time.

No, i've edited my post. He played in the 2-1 loss to Southampton on January 12th.

The only game he didn't play in for Puel was the 1-1 home draw to Liverpool where he was an unused substitute. Funnily enough we lost every game he played in under Puel.

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Justin in fairness wasn't thrown in immediately either and think Fofana's an obvious exception, you can't really compare him to Nelson.

He scored on his debut in the EFL cup not long after he signed for the club and made 13 appearances that season.

Im not directly comparing Nelson or Fofana, just that the club incorporates signings from the outside into the first team better than the youth players that they don't seem to know what to do with.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The player will just tell you to screw off putting outrageous price tags on him. Ask what you want, but nobody in the world is paying that, so you may as well just say he’s not for sale. 

You signed the contract Riyad, blame your agent!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

We’ve done pretty well for bringing youth through recently.  

Chillwell, Barnes, Thomas, KDH, Hamza

Not sure how that Portuguese? youngster who didn’t sign a contract is getting on

Sidnei Tavares? Went to Porto B, hasn’t played a game for them.