Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It’s all well and good looking into the future, but what about the present??  Lose him now and look at state of our Center Backs!!  Screw Chelsea, had they offered us Colwill, any deal would make a tiny modicum of sense. Sell now and be it on the Boards heads.

A board that has excelled since buying the football club ……IF Chelsea offer anything close to £100m we will and should sell…..we clearly need to reset and sadly we are not a big 6 club financially ….I trust our owners implicitly to manage our club and his head will have been turned and of course it presents a replacement challenge but that is the nature of competing at the top table…

I am not sure they trust BR and we will see over the coming couple of weeks if he is up for it too as if they sell it will test his own PR brand as it will give him more excuses…..interesting times ahead!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

A board that has excelled since buying the football club ……IF Chelsea offer anything close to £100m we will and should sell…..we clearly need to reset and sadly we are not a big 6 club financially ….I trust our owners implicitly to manage our club and his head will have been turned and of course it presents a replacement challenge but that is the nature of competing at the top table…

I am not sure they trust BR and we will see over the coming couple of weeks if he is up for it too as if they sell it will test his own PR brand as it will give him more excuses…..interesting times ahead!!

If we sell Fofana this month without time to sign a proper replacement, that would make us stupid and naive regardless of the fee. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I'd take Phil Jones, but not as a Fofana replacement. Vestergaard perhaps. As for the other suggestion, what a revolting thought, I'd sooner have Choudhury back. 

Feel sorry for Phil Jones was a really good defender, but injuries have destroyed him an memes have made him into the butt of jokes and duped people into believing he's that bad. I remember him bossing a makeshift United midfield against Real Madrid.Injuries ruined this guy, could still do a job in the the PL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Feel sorry for Phil Jones was a really good defender, but injuries have destroyed him an memes have made him into the butt of jokes and duped people into believing he's that bad. I remember him bossing a makeshift United midfield against Real Madrid.Injuries ruined this guy, could still do a job in the the PL.

I'd take him purely because Fergie had a seriously high opinion of him. That man knew how to identify top talent. There's a reason Fergie labelled Evans a future Man Utd captain, he knew his stuff. 

5 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I'd take him purely because Fergie had a seriously high opinion of him. That man knew how to identify top talent. There's a reason Fergie labelled Evans a future Man Utd captain, he knew his stuff. 

Too injury prone and our record with injuries, he's a no, but no where near as bad as people make out, just unfortunate with injures, guy basically put his body on the line for United unlike some and stills gets treated like sh!t, by a lot of United fans, who will defend the likes of Pogba, Martial etc.

28 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Really good point on the memes, pretty depressing that football has gone a bit that way.  He was an incredibly talented young player before injuries struck. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

https://www.footmercato.net/a4060401983127327484-leicester-ouvre-la-porte-a-un-depart-de-wesley-fofana

French journalist at footmercato.net saying discussions happening with fee close to €95m agreed.  

It can't be €95m, that'd be £80m, I'd have thought we'd hold out for more than that but I was surprised with what we let mahrez and chilwell go for, and like some have said I'd hope we have a bargain replacement lined up because is letting him go for £80m worth it to us?

• Like 1

“Info: Leicester FINALLY open the door to Wesley Fofana's departure 🇫🇷 and have set a selling price close to 95M € 🔵🦊

■ Player / Chelsea agreement
 ■ Intermediaries 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 are involved in the file
 ■ Leicester are looking for their potential replacement”

I don’t believe it myself. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Definitely gauged the reaction and quickly back tracking here 😂

50m cash wouldn’t even buy Fofana’s left nipple let alone pay for the damage of having to take Fred! lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“Info: Leicester FINALLY open the door to Wesley Fofana's departure 🇫🇷 and have set a selling price close to 95M € 🔵🦊

■ Player / Chelsea agreement
 ■ Intermediaries 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 are involved in the file
 ■ Leicester are looking for their potential replacement”

I don’t believe it myself. 

This journalist does have a lot of credibility.

But it's a big jump for Chelsea having bid £50m and £60m so far to just over £80m, and their reluctance to break the record transfer fee. 

Edited by lcfc_forever