Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

If we sell Fofana this month without time to sign a proper replacement, that would make us stupid and naive regardless of the fee. 

:appl:

Now we need at least 3-4 players, relatively high earners to leave. 

Only then can we buy what we need. 

Selling him only reduces the wage bill by schmeichel amd fofanas salary should he go. We still have a bloated squad though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LVocey said:

He’s by far the most naturally gifted centre back I’ve ever seen at the club, but if we get £85m+ it’s a wonderful deal.

A delayed deal could bring in a bigger fee next summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I'd prefer a delayed deal. We seem to have enough squad issues as it is and wes will be pivotal this year still I reckon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yup like we did with Maguire when they offered 60m and we rejected it.....one year later after a successful world cup for Maguire they came back with 80m and we accepted.

Touchwood we can find another Fofana next Jan or Summer and sell Fofana for over 100m

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

Has any decent journalist tweeted that we are happy to sell?

can’t be arsed to read through 

Nope. The only reliable sources have said fofana appears happy, isn't overtly pushing for a move and unless Chelsea's bid reaches absurd levels, there won't be any transfer. 

Those most pushing for the move seem to be punters on here meek enough to kow-tow to the big 6 and play amateur accountancy whilst at it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Bizarre logic.

We could have a world star playing for us, and you'd rather have the money?! I wanna be entertained. I wanna win. The club balance sheet is a bean counter's problem, not mine. 

Bizarre logic. 

I want to be entertained and I want to win.

I also don't want 2002 again.  The club balance sheet matters.  Bean counters count beans they don't magic miracles. 

Edited by Bordersfox

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Bizarre logic.

We could have a world star playing for us, and you'd rather have the money?! I wanna be entertained. I wanna win. The club balance sheet is a bean counter's problem, not mine. 

Not that simple though really. Rarely is. Totally understand where you're coming from but if a sale allows you to build a better team by strengthening a number of positions, then you can increase your chances of winning, which is what you ultimately want. The worry of course is how the money is spent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Bizarre logic. 

I want to be entertained and I want to win.

I also don't want 2002 again.  The club balance sheet matters.  Bean counters count beans they don't magic miracles. 

How many times does this have to be repeated. There isn't a financial crisis at the club. Period. 

We simply have no room in the squad and pruning some Deadwood is needed, not selling the family silver

• Like 3

Couldn’t even keep a 2-0 lead at home Vs Brentford WITH Fofana. Let that sink in. 

Without the Fof - well, it’s been good. 

If we sell for less than £90 million at this stage of the window. Well, we deserve what will happen. 

Edited by ARM1968