Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

How many times does this have to be repeated. There isn't a financial crisis at the club. Period. 

We simply have no room in the squad and pruning some Deadwood is needed, not selling the family silver

I didn't say that we were in financial crisis, if I implied that I apologise.  Actually I probably did so fair enough.  We aren't.  

I was actually trying to make the point that your blithe comment about bean counters was a bit silly.  The idea we are a club that can operate without considering such things is sadly a nonsense.  To suggest we can just bat it off to bean counters is just not correct.  

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Ben Jacobs knows absolutely nothing..zilch. He's a chancer. Fck him.

He did report the other day that the clubs were 20m apart 

well we know that their second bid was 60m and the club defo won’t sell below 80m 

at the time he said that, everyone assumed that Chelsea second bid was 65/70m 

Has he guessed the 20 ?  Possibly 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

well we know that their second bid was 60m and the club defo won’t sell below 80m 

100% he has. 

He does nothing more than read between the lines and make educated guesses. King Cnut he is. 

6 minutes ago, floz said:

Ben Jacobs is full of shite. The fact he claims to be a Leicester fan is laughable. Practically begging for Fofana to leave and for us to "know our place". 

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

100% he has. 

He does nothing more than read between the lines and make educated guesses. King Cnut he is. 

This time next year he could be worth £150 million. It is too late in this window to sell as there is absolutely no chance of fining a like for like replacement. He is money in the bank, better than any interest rate. Why on earth would we want to sell him now?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

This time next year he could be worth £150 million. It is too late in this window to sell as there is absolutely no chance of fining a like for like replacement. He is money in the bank, better than any interest rate. Why on earth would we want to sell him now?

Could be but most unlikely. He'll need an incredible injury free season to achieve that. I hope that we're not over rating him. 

That post from Ben Jacobs is absolute toilet. The fact he has to explain that the buying party is looking for a cheaper fee which is normal in negotiations.

Thanks so much Ben, I'd have never know that otherwise :frusty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yup like we did with Maguire when they offered 60m and we rejected it.....one year later after a successful world cup for Maguire they came back with 80m and we accepted.

Touchwood we can find another Fofana next Jan or Summer and sell Fofana for over 100m

:appl:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Mate - there is no ‘like for like replacement’ - that’s why he will cost a world record fee …….

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Bizarre logic.

We could have a world star playing for us, and you'd rather have the money?! I wanna be entertained. I wanna win. The club balance sheet is a bean counter's problem, not mine. 

If the club is going to always stay as a top 10 club then we will always need to sell our best players when the right offers come in. Sorry but that’s just fact.

We have to back ourselves to sell at the right price, and bring in two or three replacements that improve the team/squad overall. It’s the only way we will ever compete.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LVocey said:

If the club is going to always stay as a top 10 club then we will always need to sell our best players when the right offers come in. Sorry but that’s just fact.

We have to back ourselves to sell at the right price, and bring in two or three replacements that improve the team/squad overall. It’s the only way we will ever compete.

I couldn't disagree more. The only way to remain a top.10 club is to have good players. 

1 hour ago, Hitesh said:

Screenshot_20220812-201643_Twitter.thumb.jpg.6afd796852832540cbc3a99ba31a8c7a.jpg

Looking more and more like he's going, just a matter of when and how soon we can line up a replacement (alongside upping the fee as high as possible)

Ben Jacobs doesn't have a clue suddenly came out of nowhere this year claiming to have sources but only saying things that everyone already knows or are not easily proven false. 

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If he’s intent on going, then sell for as much as we can get. Don’t want anyone with us that does want to be. Managed without him for most of last season, and while not the best year, still finished 8th.

Agree let him go another Kante that only ever seen us as a stepping stone. Just glad he didn’t insert a sell on clause like Kante did. 

hopefully we can get a CB and RW in then over the next couple of weeks 

Edited by Fox1980
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 4everfox said:

If we sell Fofana this month without time to sign a proper replacement, that would make us stupid and naive regardless of the fee. 

U would like to think the scouting team already have someone in mind. They should always be a step ahead. Just annoying that we have probably missed out on 1 or 2 targets already this window with this all happening so late. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You make it sound as if the club would be willing to sell should they offer above £80m.

1 hour ago, floz said:

Ben Jacobs is full of shite. The fact he claims to be a Leicester fan is laughable. Practically begging for Fofana to leave and for us to "know our place". 

Not going anywhere, some on here are so easily convinced by the shit put out by these so called know it all’s, just relax