Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Don’t panic if he plays against Arsenal it’s all shit being putout by the click bate sites.

Tomorrow could be his last game. I think he will be gone before the window closes. Would love him to stay but can’t see it now sadly.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You make it sound as if the club would be willing to sell should they offer above £80m.

I don’t know - I have a feeling that that the valuation is £85m and we’re hoping that they don’t offer that. 

we don’t seem to be prepared to do a West Ham and place a £150m price on him as they did on rice 

I assume that we must have said to fofana that there is a price we would accept (but we obvs haven’t told him what that is)

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

If the club is going to always stay as a top 10 club then we will always need to sell our best players when the right offers come in. Sorry but that’s just fact.

We have to back ourselves to sell at the right price, and bring in two or three replacements that improve the team/squad overall. It’s the only way we will ever compete.

Right price-yes. Right time- also yes. Two  weeks to go - wrong time and wrong prices from potential selling clubs. Basic economics.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Since moving to the Athletic, Tanner does seem to have better sources at the club. 

I find he just repeats what Percy says tbh. I don’t think Rob has ever been first to break a story has he? Not sure he has any inside info at all. 

Edited by Dusty

Very funny quote regarding not wanting him to be a world record fee! Making out Maguire has failed to live up to those expectations at Man Utd because of that price tag when in reality it’s from poor scouting and judgement. 

If fofana goes to Chelsea he won’t be any more or less of a player if he goes for a world record fee - which if he does go we all know that’s what the club will require 

• Like 1

Of course we're a "stepping stone". Fofana's 21. He was never going to stay for ever. I'd prefer he stayed another season (at least) but I get he's ambitious and will want to move on when the opportunity presents itself. I don't begrudge him that.

That said, it would disappoint me and whilst wishing him well, I'd not retain a warmth and interest towards him as I do for some others that have moved on.

• Like 2

Reading this thread is really depressing.  Cannot stop thinking our previous wonderful chairman would closed Boehly down weeks ago. Come on Top you know it makes sense to shut this matter down until next summer. Let’s at least keep ourselves competitive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I find he just repeats what Percy says tbh. I don’t think Rob has ever been first to break a story has he? Not sure he has any inside info at all. 

He has been first to correct things where rumours have been incorrect, for example we actually hadn’t bid for Bourigeaud before all the info came out that we need to reduce our squad size before we can buy. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Reading this thread is really depressing.  Cannot stop thinking our previous wonderful chairman would closed Boehly down weeks ago. Come on Top you know it makes sense to shut this matter down until next summer. Let’s at least keep ourselves competitive.

Rejecting all the bids and saying he isn’t for sale I don’t think the club can do any more than that. Not the clubs fault Chelsea are thick as pig sh** and ate not used to being told no

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Under our previous wonderful chairman we sold Kante, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. He always put the club’s best interests at heart, as Top will. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Very funny quote regarding not wanting him to be a world record fee! Making out Maguire has failed to live up to those expectations at Man Utd because of that price tag when in reality it’s from poor scouting and judgement. 

If fofana goes to Chelsea he won’t be any more or less of a player if he goes for a world record fee - which if he does go we all know that’s what the club will require 

That was being spouted about in the media earlier in the week. That's where Ben Jacobs has picked that up from. Like most of these twitter "Transfer Gurus" he just trawls the Internet and stations like talkshite, and Sky sports which is as bad as talkshite, and then puts it out on twitter claiming he is in the know. Pretty much all these media and twitter " Transfer Gurus" don't have a scooby what's happening, they just feed into the narrative that is going to get the most views and clicks.

• Like 2

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Just Evans and Fofana or Evans and Soyuncu. No need for 3 big stiffs at the back, we're crap and have no proper wing backs.

Well castagne is most definitely a proper wing back. He’s immense in that position.