Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Well castagne is most definitely a proper wing back. He’s immense in that position. 

You mean the guy who plays wing back for FIFA’s top rated international side? 

nah - apparently he’s crap at that  …….

the issue with our wing backs is that rodgers likes the full backs to invert and go walkies ……but that leaves us with absolutely no width whatsoever as there are no wide midfielders left to give outlet options 

44 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Well castagne is most definitely a proper wing back. He’s immense in that position. 

Like Ricardo, he can be quite devastating when coming from deep and running past a player but really hasn't got anything else. I'm not knocking him, we're fortunate to have him but he's a very good fullback who can overlap.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Reading this thread is really depressing.  Cannot stop thinking our previous wonderful chairman would closed Boehly down weeks ago. Come on Top you know it makes sense to shut this matter down until next summer. Let’s at least keep ourselves competitive.

What? Rejected two offers and pretty much leaked to the media (via reliable sources and BR) that he is not for sale. 

What more can he do?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Like Ricardo, he can be quite devastating when coming from deep and running past a player but really hasn't got anything else. I'm not knocking him, we're fortunate to have him but he's a very good fullback who can overlap.

I would say he is actually a very well rounded player and that shows in his versatility. Athletic, decent technically and with good awareness. We do have a good player here and we should try to keep hold of him as with all our best players. Given our current situation and strategy we will have to sell someone we ideally wouldn’t want to  in order to keep the model moving forward. When the time suits us and for the right deal hopefully. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I would say he is actually a very well rounded player and that shows in his versatility. Athletic, decent technically and with good awareness. We do have a good player here and we should try to keep hold of him as with all our best players. Given our current situation and strategy we will have to sell someone we ideally wouldn’t want to  in order to keep the model moving forward. When the time suits us and for the right deal hopefully. 

Yes, I agree with all that and you always get the opinion that he's given his absolute best which is as much as you can ask for really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

What? Rejected two offers and pretty much leaked to the media (via reliable sources and BR) that he is not for sale. 

What more can he do?

And you can’t continue to say a player is absolutely not for sale when they have indicated that they are interested in the approach and you have indicated to them that for the right amount in the future a deal would be done. The narrative ‘not looking to sell’ as opposed to ‘not for sale - end of’, reveals the change over the last fortnight. 

anyone going today - please can you check out wes’ body language. Certainly, want to know what happens at full time (although I suspect he will stay on the pitch to have a cuddle with his best mate Saliba rather than heading down the tunnel). 

Edited by st albans fox

40 minutes ago, taupe said:

Wes's 'groin injury ' will keep him out today. Oh how that'll set tongues wagging even moreso.

We are a very odd fanbase. It's like a significant section of supporters are willing him to leave, presumably the old insurance- against-disappointment mentality. Letting themselves down gently. 

To directly respond  to your own point, if our fitness staff say he's fit to play, he plays. Simple.as that. The player will not have a say on it,.other than going on strike (which all reliable reports suggest he's not at all being uncooperative) 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, taupe said:

Wes's 'groin injury ' will keep him out today. Oh how that'll set tongues wagging even moreso.

Considering it had no mention in the presser and he was photographed training in the week, it would only mean one thing ……deal effectively done.   No need for wagging tongues in that case. 

2 hours ago, Adster said:

What an absolute shitshow of a post this is. 

Apologies, completely forgot having an opinion is often frowned upon on FT.   

He’s agreed personal terms now apparently before we’ve accepted a bid. 

There is no point a player staying here who does not want to be here, if he wants to go sell when they hit the £80 million mark. 

This exactly what we are I'm afraid and I don’t want us to move away from it (like we did last summer). Dig out young gems, enjoy for 2-3 years, sell for a profit. Only way we can try to compete (as proved by maxing out FFP on average players). 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

He’s agreed personal terms now apparently before we’ve accepted a bid. 

There is no point a player staying here who does not want to be here, if he wants to go sell when they hit the £80 million mark. 

This exactly what we are I'm afraid and I don’t want us to move away from it (like we did last summer). Dig out young gems, enjoy for 2-3 years, sell for a profit. Only way we can try to compete (as proved by maxing out FFP on average players). 

It's very common these days. The player isn't usually that involved, it's his agents that agree personal terms.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's very common these days. The player isn't usually that involved, it's his agents that agree personal terms.

You’re probably right but there is also an air of desperation in people to believe he’s not leaving.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

But didn’t Wes have a small injury, keeping him out the squad, in his final game at St Etienne?

I’d prefer he stays until the Christmas transfer window.

But if he does go I hope we have a decent replacement, and we really should have bought one already, rather than trying for one close to the end of the transfer window with the world knowing we’re desperately in need and flushed with cash.

Edited by Foxxed

If we let go of Fofana or any other of our better players then it just shows we have lost that ambition to push for the top half of the table. 

Can say all you like it’s about balancing the books and FFP etc but you don’t let your stars go and still hope to push forward. 
Are we becoming a selling club again? 
What’s the point in investing so much money into a training ground and stadium expansion if your letting the quality playing staff leave and signing players like Vesty, Bertrand, Sourmare on high wages. 

We all ready need one CB so to sell Fofana this late into the window doesn’t leave us a lot of time to replace him and also get another CB on top of that. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Will be interesting to see if he’s going to play today 

And be incredibly dull if he does, which I imagine he will....

If Forfana bides his time, he could quite easily end up playing for Madrid, Barcelona or Munich.

You just get that feeling he could be one of those players you're telling your children about when he retires saying he was at Leicester once.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

If Forfana bides his time, he could quite easily end up playing for Madrid, Barcelona or Munich.

You just get that feeling he could be one of those players you're telling your children about when he retires saying he was at Leicester once.

IMO he’ll be one of the best defenders in the world. There’s no evidence for it, but it’s a scientific fact 

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Under our previous wonderful chairman we sold Kante, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. He always put the club’s best interests at heart, as Top will. 

Whilst I don’t disagree they share similar visions for the club.

Kante had a release clause.

Mahrez situation wasn’t exactly straight forward, the player downed tools after bids being rejected claiming to be depressed and went AWOL. So the writing was on the wall by the next window.

Maguire was an obscene amount for a player with a lack of pace surpassing the VVD deal.

Chillwell was sold by Top

If Fofana goes for 85m after signing a 5 year contract months ago, is there as much resistance as has previously been shown by the club? No probably not, but on the flip side we also don’t know the full financial implications of the previous investment after 2 years of Covid effecting the income and the full extent of the new Financial Sustainability regulations.

If Wes is sold, I trust the clubs decision and have no doubt it’s done with the best intent for the long term interests of the club.

• Like 1