Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Whilst I don’t disagree they share similar visions for the club.

Kante had a release clause.

Mahrez situation wasn’t exactly straight forward, the player downed tools after bids being rejected claiming to be depressed and went AWOL. So the writing was on the wall by the next window.

Maguire was an obscene amount for a player with a lack of pace surpassing the VVD deal.

Chillwell was sold by Top

If Fofana goes for 85m after signing a 5 year contract months ago, is there as much resistance as has previously been shown by the club? No probably not, but on the flip side we also don’t know the full financial implications of the previous investment after 2 years of Covid effecting the income and the full extent of the new Financial Sustainability regulations.

If Wes is sold, I trust the clubs decision and have no doubt it’s done with the best intent for the long term interests of the club.

They may have the financial situation as the fundamental reason for selling but if the team even struggles let alone flirts with relegation , the screaming on here , in the ground and the media will be deafening. The blame game will then be , the manager followed by individual players and then finally the owners.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They may have the financial situation as the fundamental reason for selling but if the team even struggles let alone flirts with relegation , the screaming on here , in the ground and the media will be deafening. The blame game will then be , the manager followed by individual players and then finally the owners.

If this team is flirting with relegation, the blame needs to be at one person, Rogers the 4th highest paid manager in the league.

Regardless of if Fofana is sold or not.

We should not be in a worse predicament than last season without him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fans are far less important financially these days, so the gnashing of teeth is not so impactful, and you have to sometimes wonder in fact if the drama of struggle/sacking/etc is just ‘good TV’ and another part of the football package. Transfers certainly are after all.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

He’s agreed personal terms now apparently before we’ve accepted a bid. 

There is no point a player staying here who does not want to be here, if he wants to go sell when they hit the £80 million mark. 

This exactly what we are I'm afraid and I don’t want us to move away from it (like we did last summer). Dig out young gems, enjoy for 2-3 years, sell for a profit. Only way we can try to compete (as proved by maxing out FFP on average players). 

Who says he’s agreed personal terms?

If it isn’t someone from inside Chelsea or Leicester then it’s probably bollocks.

13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Who says he’s agreed personal terms?

If it isn’t someone from inside Chelsea or Leicester then it’s probably bollocks.

Would he move for less money ? Only loyalty to any club are the fans. 

37 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The media said this about 10 days ago anyway.

All made up by the media, no truth whatsoever, if he had agreed terms do you think he would be playing today. Complete joke the reputations of these media pundits have been rubbished.

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

All made up by the media, no truth whatsoever, if he had agreed terms do you think he would be playing today. Complete joke the reputations of these media pundits have been rubbished.

I think it happens quite a lot prior to transfers these days.

It’s a no-brainer anyway when certain clubs come calling, wages and terms are not going to be a issue.

All this agreed personal terms is probably just agents chatting to representatives through back channels and coming to a verbal agreement in principle before anything official happens.

Transfers generally are really complex so getting stuff done verbally is probably done all the time so it's no biggie if Fofana has said to his agent, yeah I'll take £150k per week or something.

The fact remains he's a Leicester player. And, just because he may have indicated that he'd accept a certain weekly wage, it doesn't mean he'll down tools and not perform if he doesn't get a move.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And you can’t continue to say a player is absolutely not for sale when they have indicated that they are interested in the approach and you have indicated to them that for the right amount in the future a deal would be done. The narrative ‘not looking to sell’ as opposed to ‘not for sale - end of’, reveals the change over the last fortnight. 

anyone going today - please can you check out wes’ body language. Certainly, want to know what happens at full time (although I suspect he will stay on the pitch to have a cuddle with his best mate Saliba rather than heading down the tunnel). 

Not for sale drives the price up more than ‘not looking to sell’. Also might get Wes’ head in a better place short term (maybe the opposite). 

Everyone has their price. 

Guest Col city fan

If little Wes has any sense he’ll force a move out of here. We are a club on the decline I think.

He’s too good to be playing alongside the likes of Amartey and Evans every week 

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If little Wes has any sense he’ll force a move out of here. We are a club on the decline I think.

Yep, said this to a mate earlier, why should we be surprised players want to leave. We appear to have gone from a club with a clear plan and well run structure, to a mess overnight. No plannng, no signings, no replacement number 1 lined up, and no sacking of Rodgers, who should never have lasted last season. 

I have no idea what has happened, but it is going wrong, so chnages are needed. Whether that is in the boardroom or the manager, something has to change soon otherwise it's Hull away next season. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Aye, such technique and flair. The shimmies and little drag backs are a delight.

If he ever learns how to defend he'll be a monster. 

• Like 1