Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I do understand it. But sadly the likes of Fofana, Maddison and Barnes etc will have ambitions that exceed our own. 

They do 

madders is living close to his home (although his own family dynamics will take precedent over this ) and Barnes is living v close to his home. Family matters to people

But wes is a thousand miles from home - for him it is totally about his football career. He already stated when he moved here that he was doing it (so soon) mainly for his family - that the move secures their future. So his move to us could be seen as being for his family - his move to Chelsea will be for him. 

brendan is telling him that another year here will be better for his development - shipping a couple of goals each week and being under real pressure probably is better than going through the motions in the majority of games 

Sell him for 85mil and spend on re building the squad. Only concern is leaving it very late to bolster the squad and our recruitment over the last year or so hasn't been great. Could be a good side again if we get the right players in.

12 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

He really is a bit of a tosser isnt he? Trying to walk off the pitch 2 games in a row without acknowledging the fans that spend their hard earn money for him to earn obscene amounts because hes arsey he hasnt got a move to a bigger club, months after he signed a massive contract. After all the club has done for him with his injury aswell. Complete lack of respect

Ooh you stopped short of giving any credit to Rodgers for making him turn around and go and acknowledge the fans despite some thinking Rodgers doesn’t give a frig about us 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Sell him for 85mil and spend on re building the squad. Only concern is leaving it very late to bolster the squad and our recruitment over the last year or so hasn't been great. Could be a good side again if we get the right players in.

Only concern should be who's spending it. 

Sell him for a world record fee. 95/100 million. Use 20 of it to pay of Brendan and let someone else find us. Gk, RW and CB and I'm onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chelsea would be watching all this closely and immature behavior in a CB will not improve his chances. However the ease which Martinelli and Jesus outthought him will be a lot more concerning. He has a lot to learn does young Wes and £80 million would be a massive risk.

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wow, of all the things to flag about Fofana’s behaviour. 

Come on mate, you’re better than that. 

I wasnt slating Fofana's actions, my point was more about the respect we showed him by going out of our way to stop a game. 

If we are showing that respect to him, he should show it back.

20 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Ooh you stopped short of giving any credit to Rodgers for making him turn around and go and acknowledge the fans despite some thinking Rodgers doesn’t give a frig about us 

I give him no credit whatsoever. He should of had a bollucking the first time so he didnt even attempt it the second. But I dont expect anything more from spineless Brendan Rodgers who cant even have his players fined or made to apologise to the fans for potentially jeopording our Champions league push when they attended a party in lockdown. Then making a player who clearly doesnt want to be here captain for one of the biggest games of the season again Forest. No real surprise that the team is as weak and soft as it is with him steering the ship.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I wasnt slating Fofana's actions, my point was more about the respect we showed him by going out of our way to stop a game. 

If we are showing that respect to him, he should show it back.

Again it's another thing that also benefits us. It's also a terrible take on the situation.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

What's £85m these days though? If we're talking really decent players, and not more £15m mistakes, it's two possibly three at the most, offset by the one we lose, so even if you say three in real terms it's two additional players. It will hardly re-build the squad.

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

How does he agree personal terms when we've rejected two bids? Surely he shouldn't be allowed to talk to Chelsea?

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, just like the other 179 pages of rabble.

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

How does he agree personal terms when we've rejected two bids? Surely he shouldn't be allowed to talk to Chelsea?

It's naive to think he hasn't (indirectly) and pointless, imho, to attempt to forbid it. The conversation happens via his agent/3rd party. 

Edit: I'd acknowledge that there's probably been no sit down, face-to-face meeting. And I don't even suggest there's been contact of any kind, just that there's so many ways it could happen that it's hardly worth concerning yourself over. 

Edited by taupe

3 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Chelsea can contact his agent, our club can't stop that and obviously his agent has been talking to Fofana about the terms have offered, he obviously agreed, blame the agents, they always want to to get the best for client's, means more money for themselves 

5 minutes ago, taupe said:

It's naive to think he hasn't (indirectly) and pointless, imho, to attempt to forbid it. The conversation happens via his agent/3rd party. 

Edit: I'd acknowledge that there's probably been no sit down, face-to-face meeting. And I don't even suggest there's been contact of any kind, just that there's so many ways it could happen that it's hardly worth concerning yourself over. 

True but there used to be quite a big thing made in the past about illegal approaches etc. If we've said he's a Leicester player, and he's not for sale, an approach used to be an action that was punishable by the Premier League/ F.A.

14 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Agents talking to clubs, they'll be 'working' on his behalf. Agents pretty much run the game now, shame as they're absolute parasites.

Think of it this way; to agree personal terms (however it might happen) is pointless when there is no agreement between the clubs. Well, pointless if one excludes the possibility that a buying club may do it to unsettle a player - in which case, can a player request a transfer if they really want to go??

Edited by taupe