Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Mee-9

Players always agree personal terms before clubs speak. It is underhand and seems sneaky, but its what happens. 

Agents speak to buying clubs before speaking to a player’s club. 

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

Players always agree personal terms before clubs speak. It is underhand and seems sneaky, but its what happens. 

Agents speak to buying clubs before speaking to a player’s club. 

Seriously peeps - get real 

what’s the point in clubs spending ages discussing a possible deal and then finding out that the buying club won’t meet the package the player wants re salary and release/relegation clauses. 

it suits all clubs so it happens - we used to buy players too!  

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

what’s the point in clubs spending ages discussing a possible deal and then finding out that the buying club won’t meet the package the player wants re salary and release/relegation clauses. 

Yes we did, 14 seconds late. :revenge:

5 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

Filth that they can agree personal terms with him before an offer is accepted.

should be against the rules, totally unsettles the player, squad and club. 

Just further to my own post;

“Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to violate any obligations stipulated in the employment contract. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any players’ agent involved in a contractual breach committed by the player without just cause has induced such breach of contract.

Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player’s current club.

So if he has agreed personal terms with Chelsea someone has breached the rules.

That being said, I’ve read the gossip via the dail mail so is probably a pack of lies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I do understand it. But sadly the likes of Fofana, Maddison and Barnes etc will have ambitions that exceed our own. 

Fofana has the potential to be in a top side. 

I’m ready to be slated, but I don’t think Maddison and especially Barnes will be good enough for a ‘top’ side. Did you see Barnes play last year? He was dog shit.

I’d class a top side as the like of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool. Teams that play x2 games a week and dominate pretty much everyone they play, even in Europe. They’re relentless. I wouldn’t class Maddison or Barnes as that level of quality.

We have aspirations of being a top 4-8 side, a side with the quality that matches the likes of Barnes and Maddison. The question is if they would go Arsenal / Spurs - but not sure they’d be good enough looking at their recent improvements. 

• Like 1

Tapping up is still against the rules but you'd need Fofana to be seen sitting down to dinner with Boehly to make the claim. Boehly (or whoever) is totally entitled to sit down with Fofanas agent, who will represent multiple clients, and discuss whatever they like without having to divulge that information to the Premier league or whoever wants to take action. 

You can argue that it goes beyond coincidence, but it only gets to the next stage if you accept an offer at which point you're not going to complain about tapping up are you?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

Just further to my own post;

“Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to violate any obligations stipulated in the employment contract. It shall be presumed, unless established to the contrary, that any players’ agent involved in a contractual breach committed by the player without just cause has induced such breach of contract.

Section C1 of the FA rules, meanwhile, prohibits a player who is under contract, or his agent, from talking to other clubs, or being approached by other clubs, without the consent of the player’s current club.

So if he has agreed personal terms with Chelsea someone has breached the rules.

That being said, I’ve read the gossip via the dail mail so is probably a pack of lies.

can’t meet officially with a player to agree terms without the express permission of the current club who holds the registration 

but if I’m wes’ agent then I can discuss with Chelsea regarding a scenario with a 21 y o player on what if scenarios …..

i agree totally that it’s against the rules but you’d have to be not guilty of doing it yourself to complain and every club does it 

if you change the rule then it would get even worse than it already is 

also what tends to happen is that clubs employ agents to negotiate on their behalf so it’s often two agents of clubs having a discussion or an agent of a club speaking to a player’s agent.  I

lets say I have seen that Chelsea are interested in buying a CB and I know wes’ agent as well as knowing the buying agent of Chelsea. I can speak to both sides without either club being involved. eventually a dialogue will open between the clubs more directly but at the outset, the player potentially becomes unsettled and there can be discussions about packages without clubs actually being involved. 

you can see how stuff leaks into the media about deals without it actually having any veracity. 

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That's genuinely what happens though.

Agents speak to clubs on behalf of their client, and even agree terms before a proposal is even made to the selling club. Plenty of pro footballers out there have confirmed that's how it goes, and that's how heads are turned. Footballers are informed of interest first also even before the selling club is. 

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

That's genuinely what happens though.

Agents speak to clubs on behalf of their client, and even agree terms before a proposal is even made to the selling club. Plenty of pro footballers out there have confirmed that's how it goes, and that's how heads are turned. Footballers are informed of interest first also even before the selling club is. 

I know 

2 hours ago, Danny280995 said:

Chelsea can contact his agent, our club can't stop that and obviously his agent has been talking to Fofana about the terms have offered, he obviously agreed, blame the agents, they always want to to get the best for client's, means more money for themselves 

Technically they are not allowed to contact his agent either.  However I'm not nieve enough to think it doesn't go on all the time

Screenshot_20220814_161029.jpg

unpopular take but i actually think his value is going to go down. We are going to end up selling him next year for something like 50m. 

It’s already apparent that we haven’t solved our key defensive issues. You can’t genuinely believe someone is going to pay more than 80m if we have a similar defensive campaign to last year? even if it’s twice as good.  we are going to concede 60+ and either clubs will be put off entirely or we get a low offer (in comparison) which we’ve now promised the player we’d accept. 

Take the money, sack the coach. Get the rebuild going 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Technically they are not allowed to contact his agent either.  However I'm not nieve enough to think it doesn't go on all the time

Screenshot_20220814_161029.jpg

It's the kind of thing that is almost impossible to stop. It won't be the sporting director or owner speaking to an agent. That would be too easy to be caught out as. It'll be a friend of a friend contacting a friend of a friend talking hypothetically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Tapping up is still against the rules but you'd need Fofana to be seen sitting down to dinner with Boehly to make the claim. Boehly (or whoever) is totally entitled to sit down with Fofanas agent, who will represent multiple clients, and discuss whatever they like without having to divulge that information to the Premier league or whoever wants to take action. 

You can argue that it goes beyond coincidence, but it only gets to the next stage if you accept an offer at which point you're not going to complain about tapping up are you?

Technically he isn't and the rules also prohibit this although I've never seen action taken against it

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It's the kind of thing that is almost impossible to stop. It won't be the sporting director or owner speaking to an agent. That would be too easy to be caught out as. It'll be a friend of a friend contacting a friend of a friend talking hypothetically. 

Yes that's probably true

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Happened with vestergaard 

2 hours ago, bongo92 said:

Fofana has the potential to be in a top side. 

I’m ready to be slated, but I don’t think Maddison and especially Barnes will be good enough for a ‘top’ side. Did you see Barnes play last year? He was dog shit.

I’d class a top side as the like of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool. Teams that play x2 games a week and dominate pretty much everyone they play, even in Europe. They’re relentless. I wouldn’t class Maddison or Barnes as that level of quality.

We have aspirations of being a top 4-8 side, a side with the quality that matches the likes of Barnes and Maddison. The question is if they would go Arsenal / Spurs - but not sure they’d be good enough looking at their recent improvements. 

Barnes contributes boatloads of goals even when he’s playing poorly. So does Maddison. That’s exactly why they’re incredibly valuable players who can play at the highest levels. 

It’s unreasonable to expect them to play at Man City or Liverpool levels when our side is not set up to play that way at all.

Chelsea bidding for Godfrey according to TalkShite.  Surely fat Frank will not want this to happen as they are light on CB’s? Vestargarrd back on if Everton do agree?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Chelsea bidding for Godfrey according to TalkShite.  Surely fat Frank will not want this to happen as they are light on CB’s? Vestargarrd back on if Everton do agree?

Surely not? The same Godfrey that just fractured his fibula? Or have i got the wrong player :dunno: