Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Chelsea bidding for Godfrey according to TalkShite.  Surely fat Frank will not want this to happen as they are light on CB’s? Vestargarrd back on if Everton do agree?

Anthony Gordon, not ben Godfrey

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Chelsea bidding for Godfrey according to TalkShite.  Surely fat Frank will not want this to happen as they are light on CB’s? Vestargarrd back on if Everton do agree?

Should go for private Godfrey from dad's army to go with some of the other old un's they have.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Gordon is really good. In an actual decent team as a LW he will be dynamite.

I think he’ll go on to have a great career, I just don’t think James Maddison is worth the same value or fofana only being worth a third more! They’ve got to be double that £40m at the very very least 

36 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think he’ll go on to have a great career, I just don’t think James Maddison is worth the same value or fofana only being worth a third more! They’ve got to be double that £40m at the very very least 

I’m not 100% sure how player values work but I could see them rounding off to a plateau at the higher end. Not a sort of linear slope.

Guest itude
C

helsea have made a £43million offer to sign Everton forward Anthony Gordon.

The 21-year-old has long been a target for Newcastle but the Blues are now keen to sign the winger-turned-striker from the cash-strapped Toffees.

Everton could be ready to sell Gordon who they have valued at £45m with Frank Lampard keen to raise funds to reinvest in his squad that currently lacks a top striker.

Gordon is a weird one. It reminds me a bit of the Drinkwater deal.

1, Fulfils homegrown English quota and 2, deprives another team of his talents.

Not that he’s had much output - 51 PL matches but only 4 goals and 3 assists. 

In Harvey’s first 52 PL matches he had 7 goals and 10 assists. In 112 matches he’s now got 22 goals and 24 assists.

Maddison has 34 goals and 26 assists in 135 PL games.

If they pay £40m for Gordon we have every right to demand more for Barnes, Maddison and Fofana. Cos that’s an absolute pisstake. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

It’s the hope that kills you.

Gordon falls in to that category where a team would be willing to pay £20m+ over what his value actually warrants right now in the game, in the hope he progresses significantly. The irony is, he would have to go some way to getting to Barnes output and yet Barnes is still only worth about £50m so what you're actually paying for is the small chance the player explodes and is world class.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gordon falls in to that category where a team would be willing to pay £20m+ over what his value actually warrants right now in the game, in the hope he progresses significantly. The irony is, he would have to go some way to getting to Barnes output and yet Barnes is still only worth about £50m so what you're actually paying for is the small chance the player explodes and is world class.

It also absolutely kills Everton as they've no decent strikers 

12 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Definitely not Godfrey, he's just snapped his leg. It's Gordon they're after. 

He's a good player and looks like he'll have a bright future, but £45 million? The game has truly gone mad!

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Definitely not Godfrey, he's just snapped his leg. It's Gordon they're after. 

He's a good player and looks like he'll have a bright future, but £45 million? The game has truly gone mad!

Has it tho because remember its all about replacing him like people on here think madders is a 60m player no way is he but to Leicester he is because you have to replace him i mean look how much we paid for perez :facepalm: