Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'm honestly not bothered if he goes. He's clearly had his head turned and we've already got a bunch of players who don't want to be here. Cash in if we can.

Just now, AKCJ said:

If Gordon is worth £43m then i'd want us to bid that amount for him. Fantastic player, even if he's a proper bellend.

In an attacking team he'll flourish IMO.

Yeah he’ll do well in a proper side. Good talent 

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If Gordon is worth £43m then i'd want us to bid that amount for him. Fantastic player, even if he's a proper bellend.

In an attacking team he'll flourish IMO.

Where would you play him? He's nowhere near as good as Barnes yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm honestly not bothered if he goes. He's clearly had his head turned and we've already got a bunch of players who don't want to be here. Cash in if we can.

I think this is increasingly becoming evident. It can’t be good for team morale for players like Fofana and Tielemans - who no longer wish to be here - to be first games on the team sheet.

I’ve really changed my view on this in the last few days. We need to cash in, move on and start the next chapter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think this is increasingly becoming evident. It can’t be good for team morale for players like Fofana and Tielemans - who no longer wish to be here - to be first games on the team sheet.

I’ve really changed my view on this in the last few days. We need to cash in, move on and start the next chapter.

I am happy for him to go now. Our defending is abysmal with him in the side, so cashing in solves our financial issues and allows us to bring in a defender that defends first and plays second.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Where would you play him? He's nowhere near as good as Barnes yet.

I don't think he's as limited as Barnes in that Barnes has to play on the left. Gordon could easily play on the right or in behind the striker.

1 hour ago, kenny said:

I am happy for him to go now. Our defending is abysmal with him in the side, so cashing in solves our financial issues and allows us to bring in a defender that defends first and plays second.

His performance levels will not be where they should be until this is sorted 

that probably means sept 1

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This has gone quiet....

Social media London football accounts were saying yesterday that they would make a third bid later this week 

the fella that knows nothing said that there were conversations ongoing to ascertain what we would accept (re fee and structure) to avoid bids going back and forth 

• Like 1

I don't think ours or Utd's starts to the season have helped.

We've shipped 6 goals and the last 80 million defender we sold is also part of a defence that has shipped 6 goals in 2 games.

I imagine there will be a bit of skepticism over the price we are demanding and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea took a step back and waited until next summer. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don't think ours or Utd's starts to the season have helped.

We've shipped 6 goals and the last 80 million defender we sold is also part of a defence that has shipped 6 goals in 2 games.

I imagine there will be a bit of skepticism over the price we are demanding and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea took a step back and waited until next summer. 

Let's hope so.

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Think it's better we sell him now. It isn't gonna do his value much good shipping 2+ goals each week.

We're abysmal at the back and he's currently part of that. We should be asking if that initial offer is still on the table.

And replace him with who? Because if our already weak defence loses its best defender, we might find ourselves in a spot of bother.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Think it's better we sell him now. It isn't gonna do his value much good shipping 2+ goals each week.

We're abysmal at the back and he's currently part of that. We should be asking if that initial offer is still on the table.

That’s the spirit!!  Or maybe, once things settle, someone of his quality can help us sort out the defence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

And replace him with who? Because if our already weakened defence loses its best defender, we might find ourselves in a spot of bother.

It matters not, the system is a failing one. He was everywhere on Saturday (not in a good way) and for the price offered, there's better players than a young, frustrated Fofana. We need the money as, again, we lose 1 player to injury and we're stuck with 3atb again. 

I don't want to lose him either. I want him here, happy and playing on a system that shows how good he is.

Do you think it's better to lose him next season, as well as Soyuncu on a free, Amartey on a free and Evans approaching retirement?

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

That’s the spirit!!  Or maybe, once things settle, someone of his quality can help us sort out the defence. 

And we've shown evidence of that over the last 2 years? Nothing will change with the current management/coaching.

Fofana, or no Fofana, we look like conceding 2 goals per game, we'd just be able to replace him and bolster elsewhere by cashing in while his stock is as high as it's gonna get with us.