Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Smacks of Chelsea saying to the agent we like Wes but you need to help push the price down by getting him to agitate.

if true then they has misjudged the situation and doing wrong by the player.  Can’t see Top being steamrolled into a deal below our valuation 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We can’t win either way cuz if we do sell

him then we will struggle do replace due to teams out pricing us for a replacement.

You see I don’t get this argument. It’s ok for us to seek a record fee for Fofana, but yah boo sucks because other teams will then want decent money for their players. Why shouldn’t they?  We’re doing it. Just business. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'll happen. I reckon 75m plus CHO on loan.

Smacks of the cucarella deal where brighton apparently didn’t pay a fee for the colwill loan. Suppresses the value of the deal (which saves us a few quid on the st ettienne comp). Would also be looking for Chelsea to pay nearly all CHO wages too

assuming something like you posted happens ….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think they will let Gallagher go.

Probably. Interesting tho what would be the best deal for us cash or a couple of players to energise the rest of the lads.

40 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'll happen. I reckon 75m plus CHO on loan.

lol we can ask for more than that and still get a CHO loan on top

Theyre about to throw 50m at ****ing Anthony Gordon, make it 85m-90m and depending on how quickly they make that bid we can ask for even more

36 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You see I don’t get this argument. It’s ok for us to seek a record fee for Fofana, but yah boo sucks because other teams will then want decent money for their players. Why shouldn’t they?  We’re doing it. Just business. 

I agree but we’re not a massive club and the big clubs do pay a premium wether it’s right or wrong.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Wes is having a wobble. A tit wobble. 

Yes. A player breaks his leg and we offer a long term contract which protects the player. As soon as a"bigger" club comes along he wants out. Fine but we are entitled to ask what we think is right  If Chelsea don't want to pay then bad luck. Fofana is still no worse off than when he signed contract. If he is injured again or loses form like Cags for example he is still getting paid well. If he is good enough Chelsea or another club will offer more. Be aware of what a contract is 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Give us Ziyech over CHO on loan any day of the week

Absolutely. Not sure Chelsea play ball. Let's see how much they want Fofana though as we are clearly negotiating hard. I think cash plus a loan (likely CHO, but I wonder about CHO + Chalobah) with all wages paid.

• Like 2

I think he is going to have to go to sort us financially. If we could get a loanee CB in as a replacement and sign a winger I would be happy. We then also have a little bit set aside to sort the Rodgers and Co compensation and new gaffer. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Absolutely. Not sure Chelsea play ball. Let's see how much they want Fofana though as we are clearly negotiating hard. I think cash plus a loan (likely CHO, but I wonder about CHO + Chalobah) with all wages paid.

If they want our player ,who's on a long term contract, then the deal must suit us 1st, which I'm sure it will