Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Even though the money would benefit us completely this season, I’d still be gutted to see him go because of the fact he’s not played a full season without being injured.

Which is the very reason we should take the money. There's lots of decent players out there, We just need to find another.

• Like 2

F off with loans. Why develop players for these Clubs for free?

Pay the money. If you want to sell us someone; no buy backs, sell-on percentage at best.

Yes I've played Football Manager. No, I've not worked in professional football.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It adds a winger to just Barnes 

and it provides funds for a CB but we’d need to have something already set up as time is short …..

Therein lies the issue. 

1) We would need an adequate replacement lines up, someone who’s been researched to the extent of we are sure they’re capable of replacing Wes.

2) Be prepared to be ripped off, as it will documented that we’ve had an injection of cash, so it’s likely to involve a bidding war which we simply don’t have time for. 

If little Wes goes, I’d say our chances of relegation increase dramatically. That’s the kind of replacement we would have to find. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jaspa said:

F off with loans. Why develop players for these Clubs for free?

Pay the money. If you want to sell us someone; no buy backs, sell-on percentage at best.

Yes I've played Football Manager. No, I've not worked in professional football.

Because we've 2 weeks left of thr window and to be honest our long term succession planning with transfers right now is an absolute shit show. We need a right winger and if they are only here for a year I couldn't give a flying fcuk.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We should try and get Dawson from West Ham to play alongside Evans,  Plenty of experience and would cost anymre than a couple of million.

Then next season plan for the future with 3 new young CBs. 

Dawson and Evans would be slowest partnership since Laurel & Hardy.  Championship here we come. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’d honestly like to see him on the bench for the Southampton game and bring Cags back into a back 4 with Evans. No player is bigger than the club and unfortunately Wes is showing his immaturity and is likely gonna annoy a lot of the senior players with his childish tantrums and antics. 

We’ve been a shambles at the back the last two games anyway and he definitely hasn’t been faultless. 

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’d honestly like to see him on the bench for the Southampton game and bring Cags back into a back 4 with Evans. No player is bigger than the club and unfortunately Wes is showing his immaturity and is likely gonna annoy a lot of the senior players with his childish tantrums and antics. 

We’ve been a shambles at the back the last two games anyway and he definitely hasn’t been faultless. 

Spite our own face because of a SkySports story?

FoxesTalk never fails to amaze me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Smacks of the cucarella deal where brighton apparently didn’t pay a fee for the colwill loan. Suppresses the value of the deal (which saves us a few quid on the st ettienne comp). Would also be looking for Chelsea to pay nearly all CHO wages too

assuming something like you posted happens ….

Considering Brighton wanted £50mil off Man City for him. How did Chelsea end up paying 62, and now a free loan for colwill thrown in??? It baffles me.

If that’s anything to go by, we shouldn’t budge at anything south of 85.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

There’s an awful lot on here getting emotional and personal about a player who may not have agreed terms with Chelsea and may not be increasingly frustrated with the club.

You’re reacting to sky news and rumours spread by kids with 200 followers.

You don’t have to comment every time someone posts a rumour.

So you didn’t see him storm off at the Brentford game either? Or the social media games. Come on mate… Screams of childish tantrum antics.

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Spite our own face because of a SkySports story?

FoxesTalk never fails to amaze me

It’s evidently not just a story though is it. I suspect there’s some truth behind it. 

Additionally, if you haven’t noticed we’ve been awful at the back. That bad I’d rather see Cags and Evans tried a back 4 rather than 5. Think we looked much better against Arsenal second half Sunday and at least Cags seems to have remained professional having lost his place. 

Just now, Clarkey123 said:

It’s evidently not just a story though is it. I suspect there’s some truth behind it. 

Additionally, if you haven’t noticed we’ve been awful at the back. That bad I’d rather see Cags and Evans tried a back 4 rather than 5. Think we looked much better against Arsenal second half Sunday and at least Cags seems to have remained professional having lost his place. 

More chance my wife playing than Cags right now. 

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

There’s an awful lot on here getting emotional and personal about a player who may not have agreed terms with Chelsea and may not be increasingly frustrated with the club.

You’re reacting to sky news and rumours spread by kids with 200 followers.

You don’t have to comment every time someone posts a rumour.

Id say judging from his demeanour recently its very likely to be true..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It adds a winger to just Barnes 

and it provides funds for a CB but we’d need to have something already set up as time is short …..

A loan though, I’d be wanting him on a permanent.

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Dawson and Evans would be slowest partnership since Laurel & Hardy.  Championship here we come. 

I rake your point but you'd be getting lots of experience and just play 2 Def Midfielders in front of them.

Dawson would also contribute quite a few Goals. It wouldn't be long term solution only for a season or so while we recruit replacements. 

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I rake your point but you'd be getting lots of experience and just play 2 Def Midfielders in front of them.

Dawson would also contribute quite a few Goals. It wouldn't be long term solution only for a season or so while we recruit replacements. 

Two defensive midfielders? This place would be in meltdown.

Think its been reported that when he signed his 5-year deal last season, there was an informal agreement with the club he wouldn’t leave this summer 

We are obviously going to lose him at some point, but personally I don’t see why we should sell now at this stage in the window

If he’s worth £80m+ now, he’ll still be worth the same next year (maybe more, and unlikely to be much less given his age and position)

Replacing him now would be a nightmare 

• Like 1