Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Get rid 80m sign Soy on a new contract, he's a better defender anyway and I'm sure we can find a defender for 20m, he clearly has his eyes on the move so pointless keeping him.

Yet Rodgers refuses to pick Soyuncu even in a back three and would happily sell him given half the chance...

The Fofana transfer is beginning to sound like a Mahrez situation. I wouldn't be surprised if he point blank refuses to play, ironically before the Chelsea game. There's a big stand off; Brendan refuses to pick him and we then sell him for £65m or so. We'll have no time to find a replacement, and if we do we'll be 3 seconds late so we'll have a player who cant kick a ball until January. 

I'm disappointed with the club to be honest, and this is not Brendan's fault. 

• Haha 2

Once again the Sky panel chatting s**t, one raised the point Kante went for just £30 million, none of the 5 chipped in with the fact it was only £30 million because of a release clause. Some sense spoken elsewhere but some airheads stealing a living too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

If reports in the gutter press are true  this morning and he is not happy cos he thinks we are pricing him out of a move then the sooner he goes the better.  I for one does not want any player at Leicester that isnt 100 per cent committed.  I hope, the stories are bullshit.  Last thing we need is a sulky player.  

If its his agent trying to force a move then he can do one.  Fofana extended his contract only recently he cannot see the wood through the trees.

Sooner this transfer window closes the better.  All everyone is trying to do is unsettle our team.

t

The problem is here, if we let him and his agent push us around, our future credibility is shot to pieces.  It will happen with other players.  We need to let other clubs know,  LCFC are not going to give in when a player signs a new long term contract and it is ‘allegedly’ agreed between parties that any offers will be seriously looked at in 12 months time. If this is indeed factual, then the matter should be closed.  We are being disrupted because Chelsea are disrupted. Why should we agree to weaken ourselves further so late in the window?  That would be a massive mistake on our part.   This window has done nothing but screw this next season 2 games in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Once again the Sky panel chatting s**t, one raised the point Kante went for just £30 million, none of the 5 chipped in with the fact it was only £30 million because of a release clause. Some sense spoken elsewhere but some airheads stealing a living too.

Been listening to it, I thought Dorsett spoke some sense - only one that kind of knew our position and was expecting him to mention the release clause 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Two defensive midfielders? This place would be in meltdown.

Well one clearly isn't working. So what's the answer. 

Teams have worked out how to easily play around NDiddi. The ball gets into our box too easily and too often.

25 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

...the pundits (ex-players) do not see themselves as a journalist who has crept in through the back door!!!

They still view themselves as a name being used to advertise a program, with no need to research their subjects or have any knowledge of other clubs they have not been part of.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Was 32m and the release clause was 20m

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Well one clearly isn't working. So what's the answer. 

Teams have worked out how to easily play around NDiddi. The ball gets into our box too easily and too often.

...none, if we insist that Wilf helps to aid in progressing the ball forward!!!

I actually witnessed Wilf taking the ball on the half-turn in the middle of the park just in our own half of the field. He looked good in doing so, but he was not where he should be, and we are paying for this experiment.

With a player such as Fofana, who relishes driving forward with the ball, it is essential we have Wilf in a position to drop into the backline to cover, he can't do that if he is involved in keeping possession 40 yards from our opponents' goal.

The conspiracy theorists in me thinks this is all about putting plucky Leicester back in their box for the foreseeable future, derisory bids for Fofana, Maddison and supposedly Manure want Vardy.  Obviously you would be mad to believe in a conspiracy theory against us, but with Tielemans refusing a new contract it just seems the jewels in the crown have been targeted this season.  I feel the club has to draw a line in the sand with Fofana just to stop us being a wounded animal slowly picked off by the vultures.  Twelves months ago the sun was shinning, but now it feels like a long hard bitter winter is coming.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

The conspiracy theorists in me thinks this is all about putting plucky Leicester back in their box for the foreseeable future, derisory bids for Fofana, Maddison and supposedly Manure want Vardy.  Obviously you would be mad to believe in a conspiracy theory against us, but with Tielemans refusing a new contract it just seems the jewels in the crown have been targeted this season.  I feel the club has to draw a line in the sand with Fofana just to stop us being a wounded animal slowly picked off by the vultures.  Twelves months ago the sun was shinning, but now it feels like a long hard bitter winter is coming.

....ooo yes, a nuclear winter I reckon!

😂

1 hour ago, Criggers said:

I have no idea how true the story around him being unsettled is, but if you sign a 5 year contract in anything you’re pricing yourself out of options.

I think what is really happening is a  gentlemens agreement that the club wont stand in your way if the price is right but that is guarantees them a decent fee.

Saying that, I wonder if we will start to see the downturn of long term contracts in this manner as he's now priced out to a degree.

It’s got very boring hearing the same nonsense about this every day now. Chelsea want him pay what we want or just ignore them . Wes should know he signed a contract recently so it’s up to Chelsea to pay or he stays. 
should tell them they have a few more days to make the right offer or we won’t sell him as there will be no time for a replacement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Chelsea need to actually pay up or f*** off then

That article mentions Chelsea will eventually go to £85m. 

Jumping ship cos he can’t be arsed to learn some lessons and develop a bit. If he joins this season, he will have a rough first year there 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox