Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Chelsea need to actually pay up or f*** off then

is there a shocked emoji ?   

30 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Was 32m and the release clause was 20m

RC was for CL clubs. chelsea weren't and had to pay that cos sven made a £35m bid from china 

This is the Mahrez situation all over again, we’ve seen it all before and we know how it goes.

We’re holding all the cards, he signed a contract until 2027, we knew it was highly unlikely he’d remain here by then, yet just like with Mahrez & Maguire we have no reason to sell, yet again it’s a case of pay up or fvck off.

I think if he has genuinely asked to leave we should now be looking to get the best possible deal and move forward without him. 

He’s clearly an exceptional talent, but he’s got limited experience at a senior level and has just come back from a bad injury. Not the end of the world if we are able to use the money well. 

The ONLY way I can see this happening is if we have been quietly negotiating for a quality replacement CB - or preferably two - and are confident that deal will go ahead. Selling Fofana and heading into the season with an injury-prone Evans and Daniel Amartey as our first choice centre-halves would be one of the most brutal acts of self-destruction ever witnessed at the club (and there have been a few).

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Weakens our position though, shame 

It doesn’t changed anything, Wes as already indicated he is interested in moving to CFC, and CFC need to match our valuation, like or not!

Only a formal transfer request is likely to change our position, even then we hold all the cards!

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The ONLY way I can see this happening is if we have been quietly negotiating for a quality replacement CB - or preferably two - and are confident that deal will go ahead. Selling Fofana and heading into the season with an injury-prone Evans and Daniel Amartey as our first choice centre-halves would be one of the most brutal acts of self-destruction ever witnessed at the club (and there have been a few).

I would be genuinely shocked if this was not the case

I said this about 90 pages ago.... We will sell now for less than we want. Imagine it will be around 65 - 70 mark. Now Fofana has come out publicly saying he wants to leave we have lost our control. 

We will not and can not afford to just 'let him rot' it simply will not happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That article mentions Chelsea will eventually go to £85m. 

Jumping ship cos he can’t be arsed to learn some lessons and develop a bit. If he joins this season, he will have a rough first year there 

The longer they take to get to £85m weakens our ability to get a replacement. Ergo, tell them to **** off until next summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

No because that would lose him his "loyalty" bonus. Players want their cake and eat it.

he wont care about that. The money he is about to cream in at Chelsea will more than cover this. The lad is going to more than double if not triple his wage!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I said this about 90 pages ago.... We will sell now for less than we want. Imagine it will be around 65 - 70 mark. Now Fofana has come out publicly saying he wants to leave we have lost our control. 

Absolutely no chance we sell for that

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Maguire did the same, Mahrez did the same and we dug in, makes absolutely no difference as we won't be bullied. 

The only difference is the mess we are in now is not like it was with them two. 

It’s pretty obvious that the club won’t sell until their valuation is met, and that’s the way it should be.

I hope they’re working on transfers now though, because it’s looking likely Chelsea will hit that £85m mark at some point.

The club will have a price they'd be willing to accept, probably less than the mentioned £85m and they've probably factored in Fofana and his agent pushing it in the media to reduce the price. I think he will, for anything over £65m with maybe future add-ons. 

He's pretty raw as a defender, especially in a back 3. He's in the Rudiger mould though and would learn lots from Tiago Silva. 

I don't like it, but I've accepted that this is how it works now. If someone comes calling for one of your players it is very hard to keep them. So either cash in or risk players running down contracts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Have we lost our control ? 

We still have the contract. He can do the striking and all sorts but then it becomes a problem for him. His reputation which we knew would lead to this gets further exposed. Club just gotta hold firm unless they have replacements lined up