Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

The club will have a price they'd be willing to accept, probably less than the mentioned £85m and they've probably factored in Fofana and his agent pushing it in the media to reduce the price. I think he will, for anything over £65m with maybe future add-ons. 

He's pretty raw as a defender, especially in a back 3. He's in the Rudiger mould though and would learn lots from Tiago Silva. 

I don't like it, but I've accepted that this is how it works now. If someone comes calling for one of your players it is very hard to keep them. So either cash in or risk players running down contracts. 

Thats a dreadful deal

• Like 1

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Just remember chaps, its all made up tabloid bollucks.. 

yeah like all the Leicester fans saying Wes is just trolling Chelsea fans removing the club he plays for, liking Chelsea fan tweets.

If he was doing that with 4 weeks of the deadline to go expect it to go up another level as we approach the end of the window. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Have we lost our control ? 

We still have the contract. He can do the striking and all sorts but then it becomes a problem for him. His reputation which we knew would lead to this gets further exposed. Club just gotta hold firm unless they have replacements lined up 

We are on the brink of losing control i would say. 

Mahrez did similar and his rep didnt really suffer.... Plus it would only suffer in our eyes, he will be worshipped as a god at Chelsea for actually helping force the move which only last week seemed quite unlikely. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

he wont care about that. The money he is about to cream in at Chelsea will more than cover this. The lad is going to more than double if not triple his wage!

Indeed. I've been reading about the official transfer request and it's pretty much dead, certainly of limited significance. Yes, the player can miss on payments, sign-on and loyalty, but that is pretty meaningless in the scale of things (also depends on the contract n the first place) and the buying club can cover that if they want to further entice someone.

The bigger significance is to the wider world and fans etc; lets everyone know the player wants away. The club can ignore it of course.

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I said this about 90 pages ago.... We will sell now for less than we want. Imagine it will be around 65 - 70 mark. Now Fofana has come out publicly saying he wants to leave we have lost our control. 

We will not and can not afford to just 'let him rot' it simply will not happen. 

I don’t think he would go to the lengths of kicking up that much of a fuss where either we or he decide that he won’t be playing

He will know there is a chance he can go to the World Cup later this year if he does well even if he stays here, and not playing will put a massive dent in those chances

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This one will really hurt if he goes this summer, especially after all that time waiting for him to come back just to lose him :(

Perhaps then the fee should be £85m (or whatever) plus an itemised medical bill for the treatment, time and effort that went into helping him recover from his broken leg…

Just now, taupe said:

Indeed. I've been reading about the official transfer request and it's pretty much dead, certainly of limited significance. Yes, the player can miss on payments, sign-on and loyalty, but that is pretty meaningless in the scale of things (also depends on the contract n the first place) and the buying club can cover that if they want to further entice someone.

The bigger significance is to the wider world and fans etc; lets everyone know the player wants away. The club can ignore it of course.

it would be a massive risk to ignore it. 

Player power in football is ridiculous their contacts basically mean nothing, other than it protects them against injury and the club against the transfer fee they receive. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Mahrez did similar and his rep didnt really suffer.... Plus it would only suffer in our eyes, he will be worshipped as a god at Chelsea for actually helping force the move which only last week seemed quite unlikely. 

Mahrez did similar with 2 years left on his contract, we didn’t budge and we still got our required fee. We won’t drop the price for Fofana, it’s that simple. Everything indicates we want a world record fee, meaning about £85m.

Edited by Beechey

I'm pretty gutted about Fofana's mentality, obviously he has previous for this. Thought he would at least accept a season more with us seeing as he signed a 5 year deal and was nursed through his injury. Would quite like him to get injured again after all the pram toy purging, after he joins Chelsea of course, for a world record fee. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

We don't need Gallagher. I'd rather have Hudson-Odoi as it fills a gap we desperately need to, even if he's not as good of a player as Gallagher. 

CHO wants too much in wages. Gallagher is coming from a lower starting point, so could be negotiated, apparently.

We'll need Gallagher when Youri goes late in the window

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This one will really hurt if he goes this summer, especially after all that time waiting for him to come back just to lose him :(

It will. Losing him last summer ruined our season. Losing him again, in different circumstances, could ruin this season if we don't get quality reinforcements in.

Just now, goose2010 said:

We still sold Mahrez for £75m in the summer.

Similar with Maguire, if we took the bait when they offered bid for him, we were very short of CBs. We bought ourselves a year and time for replacements. 

The reputation point also eludes to us. Keep our standing as a club what sell their players at a premium. 

We reject this bid - what happens at worst? 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think he would go to the lengths of kicking up that much of a fuss where either we or he decide that he won’t be playing

He will know there is a chance he can go to the World Cup later this year if he does well even if he stays here, and not playing will put a massive dent in those chances

I guess it will show what sort of character he is then over the next fews weeks. As if he is still with us and he knuckles down and tries to win a spot in the France squad then fair enough. 

But let's be honest if France are anything like England then if he goes to Chelsea he will pretty much get him self a spot in the squad by default. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Similar with Maguire, if we took the bait when they offered bid for him, we were very short of CBs. We bought ourselves a year and time for replacements. 

The reputation point also eludes to us. Keep our standing as a club what sell their players at a premium. 

We have our most prized asset throw his toys out of his pram and cause massive disruption amongst the squad? 

guess that would be worse case. It would take a massive amount of man management  and do you really trust BR to manage the situation? 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Wasn't it £60m?

• Like 4

We're screwed either way now. He stays his mentality will be shot. Goes and we panic buy as our probable targets Villa will want as they need a new CB now. 

Also if he's still here for Saturday - not a chance he should be in the squad at all if he has asked to leave. Doesnt deserve his shirt

Edited by WardyisPukka

Just as i seem to be playing devils advocate in this thread i would like to say i hope it is just agent chat and he actually does want to play for us. He is the best CB i have seen for a long time and probably the best ever 21 year CB! 

I would love him to stay and see out his career here! 

Unfortunately though it seems like he wants to leave so for me we need to act sharpish and we need to pray to god we have some sort of plan as if we don't we are pretty much screwed. 

4 minutes ago, Diffco said:

I'm pretty gutted about Fofana's mentality, obviously he has previous for this. Thought he would at least accept a season more with us seeing as he signed a 5 year deal and was nursed through his injury. Would quite like him to get injured again after all the pram toy purging, after he joins Chelsea of course, for a world record fee. 

I agreed with you until that last sentence. I don't wish injury on any player.

But when he goes (and I fear he will now), I'll have no interest in him. I am disappointed but, hey, thems the breaks. 

I'd take £85 mill.

Require CB/RW/CAM. Wages should justify schmeichel amd fofana going. 

Vestergaard and Co to the U21's, do something useful for the club and develop young players.

Next year clear more out. Less, but quality in.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We have our most prized asset throw his toys out of his pram and cause massive disruption amongst the squad? 

guess that would be worse case. It would take a massive amount of man management  and do you really trust BR to manage the situation? 

I think most would be surprised how much fellow footballers don’t care about all that noise. They all understand the ‘game’. They all have agents giving them false promises. 

Honestly when the next transfer window comes it probably won’t be BRs situation to manage. This is a club principle decision for people higher than him to manage. 

Just now, taupe said:

I agreed with you until that last sentence. I don't wish injury on any player.

But when he goes (and I fear he will now), I'll have no interest in him. I am disappointed but, hey, thems the breaks. 

I just hate Chelsea mate, despise em. If he's a Chelsea player then I wouldn't care.