Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

16 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The only difference is the mess we are in now is not like it was with them two. 

The thing is, the club doesn't view it that we are in a mess that means we should make some drastic decisions, hence why they keep rejecting lowball bids for players, many of whom are unwanted much to the frustration of the fans. We won't accept a fee less than £75m, not without significant add ones or a player in exchange.

• Like 3

One of those I've never felt a real attachment too (Unlike previously sold assets like Drinkwater, Riyad, Kante). 

He is far, far too good for this team (Tinhat on) so it's never been realistic to assume he'll be here for ages. 

Not sure I could have less sympathy for him if I tried though. Sign the contract, live with the consequences. 

Hopefully we sell for a big fee, pay off the coaching staff & start again. 

There is talk of Pulisic going on loan to Newcastle? Wouldn't mind that as part of the deal. No way we could avoid his wages fully though.

More likely to be Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek (although I think Tuchel quite likes him), Barkley or Chalobah. 

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

One of those I've never felt a real attachment too (Unlike previously sold assets like Drinkwater, Riyad, Kante). 

He is far, far too good for this team (Tinhat on) so it's never been realistic to assume he'll be here for ages. 

Not sure I could have less sympathy for him if I tried though. Sign the contract, live with the consequences. 

Hopefully we sell for a big fee, pay off the coaching staff & start again. 

He's not played enough for me to get really attached. Will always love his FA Cup performance, though. He's played less than 1 full season worth of PL games in the more than 2 years he's been here.

Edited by Beechey

28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We don't need Gallagher. I'd rather have Hudson-Odoi as it fills a gap we desperately need to, even if he's not as good of a player as Gallagher. 

yeah but he’d come here and we’d use him as a rwb. 

Sooo he's put in an official transfer request?

Also people comparing it to the Maguire deal, consider inflation. Since 2019 the GBP has lost about 10% of it's value. We took £80m off Man U as a chunk payment, no funny business. If you want this player so much Chelsea, pay the asking price.

I'm not shocked at all, I don't think there are many footballers who wouldn't want to join of the richest clubs around, as unlikeable as they are. I think the fact he's missed a lot of time injured adds another layer here, and is why fans want him to give us another season. But in Fofana's shoes, there are no guarantees someone will want him next summer. 

5 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Why should anyone be surprised he wants to go, we unsettled him at St Etienne and then we expect him to behave with us.

Yeah this was always going to happen. There are a handful of clubs that he could still go to after Chelsea as well, and no doubt their fans would cry when he does the same to them as well. 

• Like 1