Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Sooo he's put in an official transfer request?

Also people comparing it to the Maguire deal, consider inflation. Since 2019 the GBP has lost about 10% of it's value. We took £80m off Man U as a chunk payment, no funny business. If you want this player so much Chelsea, pay the asking price.

There is a difference between asking to go and putting an official transfer request in. The only indication from one source is that he's asked to go, rather than formally putting a request in.

Probably would be small in comparision to the signing on fee he'd get, but he'd lose any loyalty bonus from us if he goes down the offical transfer request line.

He signed a contract. 

If Chelsea dont come up with an acceptable bid then he is contracted to stay here.

He is not offering to give his wages back (... big wages in return for signing a contract)... so he is not in the loop... it's up to chekse3a and Top.

I think we should keep wes, just to stop Rodgers from wasting the money

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He will do the same to Chelsea if Real Madrid comes calling. 

Exactly that is why we must insist upon a sell on clause!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

Kane wanted his move but realised Daniel Levy basically decides these things at Spurs.

Hopefully our chairman will do the same

Kane has a different temperament, and I felt didn't really want to leave anyway. He is 'Mr Spurs' Levy has now put more of a team around Kane, and that's what he wanted.

I could see Fofana packing a major sad, being very disruptive. He has nothing like the same feelings for the club that Kane has for Spurs. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not even mad at this. Just sums up the disappointment that football is these days. Player holding all the power, Sky lapping it up, little Leicester being held to ransom by an overspending moral mess of a club. 

He does not hold all the power. He cannot break his contract unless we allow this to happen. Even the PFA will tell him that.   I do hope that if the Club allow him to leave, his agent hands back all his filthy commission he took of us for negotiating a worthless contract 5 months ago.  He should also be banned from playing against us in a weeks time.

How many on here still think he is one of the best CBs in the world and worth 100 million. The kid's good no doubt , with excellent technique. He is also rash and headstrong and red cards are coming. He should have been off against Arsenal. He may grow up and achieve some control or he might not. Chelsea should be beware and so should we.

16 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If your girl leaves her last boyfriend for you ... then it's only a matter of time. 

Hes a bolter.

he’s ambitious, that’s not really fair. 

Footballs a short career, if you want to achieve as much as possible then you need to get to the highest level possible. 

This isn’t a move to a sideways club. 

Football is a career that you work your way up a ladder, of course we are part of that. As long as we get what is fair to us than everyone wins. 

Not sure this changes much - Guardian piece repeats what Sky were saying yesterday, albeit it's from a more reliable source.

Confirms what most of us were thinking any way that he'd prefer to leave.

The inference has been he's happy to stay if he doesn't get his move. 

That last bit might now be more question but we still hold the cards, and he won't want to put a World Cup place in jeopardy by silly behaviour. 

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

How many on here still think he is one of the best CBs in the world and worth 100 million. The kid's good no doubt , with excellent technique. He is also rash and headstrong and red cards are coming. He should have been off against Arsenal. He may grow up and achieve some control or he might not. Chelsea should be beware and so should we.

I think he has all the tools to be one of the best defenders in the world. He makes forward players look stupid at times. His performance away to PSV reminded me of early Kante where he was just miles better than everyone else on the pitch.

At this point just take 70m for him because he's going to be a toxic influence. 

Its still double what we paid for him and should be enough to reinvest in what we really need to kick start the season. If he is forced to stay I don't think he really isn't mature enough to keep a professional temperament. 

If this isn't wrapped up soon I can see some real antics on deadline day, borderline Peter Odemwingie stuff.  

If he doesn't want to be here then he can go. I don't care how good he is, if he's not fully committed then we won't get his full quality. 

The tricky part is just getting the right deal for the club and I'm not worried in that regard. We don't sell players unless we are happy with the fee. We might not get as high a fee with him kicking off but I imagine the structure of any deal will suit us. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

At this point just take 70m for him because he's going to be a toxic influence. 

Its still double what we paid for him and should be enough to reinvest in what we really need to kick start the season. If he is forced to stay I don't think he really isn't mature enough to keep a professional temperament. 

If this isn't wrapped up soon I can see some real antics on deadline day, borderline Peter Odemwingie stuff.  

Take less than we can get because you feel like he may or may not do something based on a SkySports story?

most sensible FT user

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I agree. I've watched him 3 times this season. He got caught out of position couple of times against Preston , one costing a goal and was very uncomfortable against the mighty Ched Evans in the second half. Against Brentford he gave the ball away which led to a goal, and then he was pretty average against Arsenal. He's got great potential but he's nowhere near yet. I'd 100% take £85 mill.

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

he’s ambitious, that’s not really fair. 

Footballs a short career, if you want to achieve as much as possible then you need to get to the highest level possible. 

This isn’t a move to a sideways club. 

Football is a career that you work your way up a ladder, of course we are part of that. As long as we get what is fair to us than everyone wins. 

I'd usually agree with this sentiment.  Too many people can't seem to understand players are not fans, they will move to further their career like you or I would.  

However, in these circumstances agitating for a move (if that's what he's doing) is not a great look. 

Next summer I think it'd be fair enough if a good offer came in for a club offering CL, but so soon after being supported through a serious injury and having barely played for City in the grand scheme?  I can see why people are getting annoyed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

I'd usually agree with this sentiment.  Too many people can't seem to understand players are not fans, they will move to further their career like you or I would.  

However, in these circumstances agitating for a move (if that's what he's doing) is not a great look. 

Next summer I think it'd be fair enough if a good offer came in for a club offering CL, but so soon after being supported through a serious injury and having barely played for City in the grand scheme?  I can see why people are getting annoyed.  

i’d agree but there’s nothing concrete about him acting up. A few cryptic social media posts and that’s it. He’s getting on with it on the pitch and the manager has seen no issues. 

If we don’t let him go, I think he’ll get his head down. 

Personally i’m in the sell camp, not because of his attitude just because it gives us what we need for a rebuild over the next few years. Without a big cash windfall we are going to have so much trouble rebuilding this squad and i think he’ll just end up going for less. 

30 minutes ago, KFS said:

Not even mad at this. Just sums up the disappointment that football is these days. Player holding all the power, Sky lapping it up, little Leicester being held to ransom by an overspending moral mess of a club. 

All that needs to be said

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

He’s got a 5 year contract. He cares about getting into the World Cup squad for France. If Chelsea don’t stump up the required fee he will carry on giving his all for the club, he’s not gonna throw his career down the pan, he will get his move eventually. People need to relax on this, we hold all the cards. 

Agreed, we either get a massive fee or keep a great defender. Not worried about either. He might be a great defender, but he is a key part of a very poor defence, it wouldn’t overly shock me if selling him and bringing in a replacement (probably for less than half the fee we sell him for) creates a shakeup that overall improves our defensive output. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i’d agree but there’s nothing concrete about him acting up. A few cryptic social media posts and that’s it. He’s getting on with it on the pitch and the manager has seen no issues. 

If we don’t let him go, I think he’ll get his head down. 

Personally i’m in the sell camp, not because of his attitude just because it gives us what we need for a rebuild over the next few years. Without a big cash windfall we are going to have so much trouble rebuilding this squad and i think he’ll just end up going for less. 

Fair point.  The cryptic social media nonsense hasn't helped the noise mind.  It does feel a bit like he's agitating for a move through his agent.  I guess it'll all come out in the wash.  

I'm in the sell camp now to be honest.  If he doesn't want to be here there's no point keeping him. 

It's just so imperative we don't waste the proceeds and that's what makes me nervous.  

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Take less than we can get because you feel like he may or may not do something based on a SkySports story?

most sensible FT user

There's 2 weeks to go before the end of the window and the stories being put out are starting to ramp up from the players side now. 

He did it when he moved to us, he's doing the same now he wants to move from us.

Who says we'll definitely get a world record fee for a player whos part of one of the worst defences in the league and broke his leg just over a year ago? We were in a strong position but the player has now started being more public with intentions.

70m is still a very good amount of money.