Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Can’t see him going myself. Seems we want £85-£90 million. Doubt Chelsea will go that high and unsettling the player seems to be their plan now. We will see soon I imagine. 

If they do, we would have have sold the top 2 most expensive defenders to date 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Go on then, which one of the banter brigade posted this…

The logic in that, prefer a defender linked to a move the mighty Fulham than one attracting interest from Chelsea.

Wonder If Jaws would still wanna fight for his place if a half decent team come in for him.

You'd imagine prior to signing a new deal Fofana and his agent had a discussion. I fully expect they discussed the likelihood of any intetest this summer, his desire to leave should any interest become apparent and how we would react to any such bids after him signing a new deal. Sky surely don't believe agents and players are naive enough to sign a new contract months before the summer window if they are that desperate to leave at the first sign of major interest.

39 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agreed, we either get a massive fee or keep a great defender. Not worried about either. He might be a great defender, but he is a key part of a very poor defence, it wouldn’t overly shock me if selling him and bringing in a replacement (probably for less than half the fee we sell him for) creates a shakeup that overall improves our defensive output. 

If we sold him, I assume Top and the board would still say to Rodgers that we need to clear out some other players before we can buy a replacement. One out and one in would still leave 3 or 4 players doing nothing outside the 25 which the Board have been using as a reason for not buying players all summer. 

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Duck off Fofana

Duck off Fofana

We don't need you

We've got Soyuncu

His c*ck's ducking massive!

This post, probably, makes more sense than the content coming out of the Sky News Transfer Centre.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

he’s ambitious, that’s not really fair. 

Footballs a short career, if you want to achieve as much as possible then you need to get to the highest level possible. 

This isn’t a move to a sideways club. 

Football is a career that you work your way up a ladder, of course we are part of that. As long as we get what is fair to us than everyone wins. 

Football at the top level is NOT a short career in the modern world compared to other jobs. It’s just a cliche that players, journos and ex players like to use to justify moves like this one. Fofana could probably play until he’s near 40 and he’s 21. The only winners in this saga are Chelsea and Fofana. We are being asset stripped. Chelsea will add £30m to his value as soon as he signs for them. We will have the money but no player, no obvious replacement and any last minute signing, undertaken without a head of transfer in this window, will see the selling club add Fofana fee tax to the value. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Football at the top level is NOT a short career in the modern world compared to other jobs. It’s just a cliche that players, journos and ex players like to use to justify moves like this one. Fofana could probably play until he’s near 40 and he’s 21. The only winners in this saga are Chelsea and Fofana. We are being asset stripped. Chelsea will add £30m to his value as soon as he signs for them. We will have the money but no player, no obvious replacement and any last minute signing, undertaken without a head of transfer in this window, will see the selling club add Fofana fee tax to the value. 

What? "Could play till he's 40"...

.... so 27 year less than the retirement age of most proffesions? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

If the club have anything about them surely have a replacement lined up. You’d like to think so anyway….

I keep telling myself that there's no way the club would sanction selling Fofana without a replacement lined up. I mean they just wouldn't, would they?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

If the club have anything about them surely have a replacement lined up. You’d like to think so anyway….

You would like to think so. The blow would be softened massively, absolutely massively, if on the day we announced his sale, we announced his replacement.

For me, we have to replace him with a player that is going to the world cup, has pace, is still in his twenties, and is at least 6'3"

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Excellent summary.  This will kill us if it is allowed to happen. Totally the wrong time and set of circumstances.  It is a perfect storm to send us further backwards.

• Like 2

With 6 goals shipped in the opening 2 games of the season you'd like to think the club would say no to selling their top defensive asset at any cost. Its looking like we could be leaking 80 goals this season which means we will be in the relegation dog fight. Relegation for however many years would dwarf any sale value of any single player, well likely the entire team.

• Like 2

All this if he doesn’t want to be here then sell him bolox really irritates me ..  yeah bow down to the big club ! ..  fook off !

Apply a bit of Spurs/Kane mentality ..  shut up and get on with your job !  If and when WE want to sell you we’ll let you know ..   :angry:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bazly said:

With 6 goals shipped in the opening 2 games of the season you'd like to think the club would say no to selling their top defensive asset at any cost. Its looking like we could be leaking 80 goals this season which means we will be in the relegation dog fight. Relegation for however many years would dwarf any sale value of any single player, well likely the entire team.

This is what astonishes me about all the blasé posts suggesting we let him go if he wants to leave. Some people seem to have zero grasp of the potential consequences of losing Fofana now.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I'll have a short football career please, I'll do one year at 150,000k a week, that will set me up for life.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

he wont care about that. The money he is about to cream in at Chelsea will more than cover this. The lad is going to more than double if not triple his wage!

Without knowing what his loyalty bonus is you really can’t say that.

Irrespective of how much they are paid, professional footballers tend to maximise the money they receive- which is why so few put in official transfer requests. 

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is what astonishes me about all the blasé posts suggesting we let him go if he wants to leave. Some people seem to have zero grasp of the potential consequences of losing Fofana now.

I do understand your point. I would say that we spent most of last season without Fofana and we did not get relegated. There are 5 very good teams in the league this season. Then add in West Ham who will be top 6-7 again.  The rest of the league are very average. Not a lot between them. In a good season we can finish 7th - with a bad one we could be 14th. Personally I would sell Fofana for 85mill+ if that is what the next offer is. We already have Tielemans who does not want to be here, and no matter what we like to think it is a negative influence - knock on effect for everyone in the club.  With Justin, Soyunu, Evans and Castagna that is not a bad defence. We have no European football so only 1 game per week. Play Ndidi as DM on his own and let him get back to what he is best at in the league. I just think having someone in the club who doesn't want to be around harms the side. 

• Like 2