Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

I do understand your point. I would say that we spent most of last season without Fofana and we did not get relegated. There are 5 very good teams in the league this season. Then add in West Ham who will be top 6-7 again.  The rest of the league are very average. Not a lot between them. In a good season we can finish 7th - with a bad one we could be 14th. Personally I would sell Fofana for 85mill+ if that is what the next offer is. We already have Tielemans who does not want to be here, and no matter what we like to think it is a negative influence - knock on effect for everyone in the club.  With Justin, Soyunu, Evans and Castagna that is not a bad defence. We have no European football so only 1 game per week. Play Ndidi as DM on his own and let him get back to what he is best at in the league. I just think having someone in the club who doesn't want to be around harms the side. 

But what do we even do with the money?

Sangaré extended, Badiashile or Kasper's new mate Todibo we will get rinsed for, Madueke is injured

Chukwueze, Diop, Bourigeaud? I just don't see how we can possibly do something in the market this late to make up for the quality we lose in Wes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Chelsea need to actually pay up or f*** off then

....if they are genuinely looking to bring in Aubameyang then they have more money than sense!!!

Chelsea is right to be cherry-picked in this Fofana saga, we should ask for £100m, they offer £90m and get the deal done. They must be off their trolley to be looking at Auba.

11 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I mean how much more blatant do you wanna be with your tapping up

We did the same thing with him and St Etienne.

I've no idea what the actual wording of the rules around "tapping up" are but literally everyone does it. 

53 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Football at the top level is NOT a short career in the modern world compared to other jobs. It’s just a cliche that players, journos and ex players like to use to justify moves like this one. Fofana could probably play until he’s near 40 and he’s 21. The only winners in this saga are Chelsea and Fofana. We are being asset stripped. Chelsea will add £30m to his value as soon as he signs for them. We will have the money but no player, no obvious replacement and any last minute signing, undertaken without a head of transfer in this window, will see the selling club add Fofana fee tax to the value. 

Its more that he wont play at the highest level at 40, not that he cant go and play for barnsley.  They have about 10 years of prime that if your ambitious you want to spend at the best clubs in the world. I have no problem with that. Kante and Mahrez have shown exactly why you try to make these moves happen while you can. Theyve won it all between them and you have you look at it and see that they made the right calls for them. 

Then you look at someone like Zaha, sure he went to a big club too early and it didnt work out, but because after he reached his potential he wasnt allowed to leave that opportunity has gone. He will retire having achieved nothing, when if it was a free market hed probably have been able to play champions league football and maybe some siverware. I see it from both sides. 

If the club make the decision to sell him this late in the window, I sure hope they’re ready for the shit storm to follow. 

And it would also be a fine example of a club being completely bullied yet again. I will only be marginally satisfied if we get over £100m. This is what we value him at, so Chelsea can pay up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We did the same thing with him and St Etienne.

I've no idea what the actual wording of the rules around "tapping up" are but literally everyone does it. 

Pretty much just don’t take the piss with it I would expect

It has only ever really been called around recently by Southampton for Liverpool and Van Dijk, Southampton threatened Liverpool with being investigated for the way they went after him initially and Liverpool issued a public apology about it and “ended their interest” at the time, there were 1 on 1 in person meetings between Klopp and Van Dijk, personal terms all agreed etc. but there had never even been any contact at all with Southampton

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Still think it needs to be north of £100m for us to actually go for it.

Sky Sports and that "here we go" bellend really working for their cut of this one. 

He isn't worth that and Chelsea know but if Top says not a penny less , then he stays whether he likes it or not.

As happens in the NBA these days you're always at risk of player in question pouting, not trying as hard, coming up with a phantom injury etc to try to force a move. 

Unfortunately this is the sandbox you play in when a club like Leicester gets involved with this kind of talent and this kind of maturity.

The interesting thing to me is I really do feel like it's in his best interest to play the season with LCFC and gain the necessary experience. Chelsea is accumulating assets because the American owner wants to prove to everyone he's going to be up to Abramovich's standard when it comes to spending - and he's got a manager who's basically on a drunken spending spree. It's not going to end well for them - I think you can draw some similarities to Manu - other than Chelsea has better talent for the time being.

Leicester needs to move on from this s--t show, move forward with players who actually want to be here and get the ship righted.  If he wants to leave now, f--- him. Let him go and sulk on their bench when he's not starting.  Get a good chant ready for him a la Maguire  when he returns to the King Power.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely in this day and age it's not worth buying players at this age unless you know you can sell them on for a profit in 2 years.. 

It seems players are increasingly running down their contracts now. So if they're hoping for big profit in 4 years it might be too late depending on length of contract (5yrs?) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

World record fee £100m + with payment up front. Accept nothing less

He is worth nothing like amount, it’s ridiculous to think so. Keep him and tell him so and Chelsea by all means though.

• Like 1

We've had all summer to sort out and scout a replacement, so if we did decide to sell him, there should be no excuses about panic signings. Either back your squad or sign a well scouted target. There is absolutely no need to shell out money on a player unless you're confident they'll fit in, absolutely no reason at all. A loan is fine, but signing a player on a 3+ year contract to plug a gap is dumb.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is worth nothing like amount, it’s ridiculous to think so. Keep him and tell him so and Chelsea by all means though.

He's not, but it's excellent value regardless. They either get a top class CB for 10 years or they sell him in his prime and make the majority of the money back. Much better value than signing Vestergaard for £15 million. Or Drinkwater for £35 million. Or Maguire for £80 million.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Chalobah on loan would be a decent shout. Wouldn't mind CHO on loan as well.

Then can use 80m to buy 2 first team ready players - rw and cb.

The more I think about this the more I think we have to sell. Say we keep him, we all know he’s most likely off next summer.

Along with Soyuncu and Amartey going on frees.

That would leave us with Jonny Evans (who we can’t rely on physically), and Vestegaard (unless he goes this summer).

Sell Fofana for £80m. Bring in 2 cb and a winger.