Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Chalobah on loan would be a decent shout. Wouldn't mind CHO on loan as well.

Then can use 80m to buy 2 first team ready players - rw and cb.

Yeah! Its as easy as that. In fact its like pulling elephant's teeth.

Edited by An Sionnach

29 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

As happens in the NBA these days you're always at risk of player in question pouting, not trying as hard, coming up with a phantom injury etc to try to force a move. 

Unfortunately this is the sandbox you play in when a club like Leicester gets involved with this kind of talent and this kind of maturity.

The interesting thing to me is I really do feel like it's in his best interest to play the season with LCFC and gain the necessary experience. Chelsea is accumulating assets because the American owner wants to prove to everyone he's going to be up to Abramovich's standard when it comes to spending - and he's got a manager who's basically on a drunken spending spree. It's not going to end well for them - I think you can draw some similarities to Manu - other than Chelsea has better talent for the time being.

Leicester needs to move on from this s--t show, move forward with players who actually want to be here and get the ship righted.  If he wants to leave now, f--- him. Let him go and sulk on their bench when he's not starting.  Get a good chant ready for him a la Maguire  when he returns to the King Power.

Wont happen he’ll just get a standing applause and be sucked off in the same fashion Kante does by the same supporters who act like there in a library for 90 minutes typically.

Edited by jonathan_ross

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, An Sionnach said:

Yeah! Its as easy as that.

Well getting the first two off Chelsea wouldn't be that difficult and having 80m in the market at the end of the window is actually quite favourable as lots of sides need to sell.

32 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

But what do we even do with the money?

Sangaré extended, Badiashile or Kasper's new mate Todibo we will get rinsed for, Madueke is injured

Chukwueze, Diop, Bourigeaud? I just don't see how we can possibly do something in the market this late to make up for the quality we lose in Wes

That is a good question. Whoever we look to sign right now the fee will increase as you correctly said. We also still have to remove 1-2 players just to submit a 25 man squad without wasting money on wages. Signing players will not be easy. 

Potentially we are better off keeping the money, looking after the clubs finances, put towards the stadium expansion, give the new head of recruitment time to find the right player and do not rush into any situation. If a player does not want to be here, get as much money as we can and let him go. 85million is a lot of money. Having 2 players who would rather be elsewhere will have a negative impact on the rest of the players. Worst case I think will finish 14th. Our starting 11 is still a strong one. 

Just now, filbertway said:

He's not, but it's excellent value regardless. They either get a top class CB for 10 years or they sell him in his prime and make the majority of the money back. Much better value than signing Vestergaard for £15 million. Or Drinkwater for £35 million. Or Maguire for £80 million.

Yes he is,  but the Maguire deal will deter many from paying such a price, especially from us. He has been poor, and the price will be a factor in where it went wrong with Maguire, or at least people interpretation of where it went wrong.

Looks like the following, correct me if i'm wrong:

We paid 38.5 million in 2020 with him with a rumoured 30% sell on clause on future fees back to St.Etienne

We are now rumored to be getting a bid of 80 million from Chelsea

30% of that 80 million would go to St.Etienne (24 million) leaving us with 56 million from the transfer

56 million minus his original transfer fee of 38.5 million = profit of $17,500,000

Also non of these figures take into account agent fee's, wages, other stuff etc. 

1 minute ago, Molson Canadian said:

Looks like the following, correct me if i'm wrong:

We paid 38.5 million in 2020 with him with a rumoured 30% sell on clause on future fees back to St.Etienne

We are now rumored to be getting a bid of 80 million from Chelsea

30% of that 80 million would go to St.Etienne (24 million) leaving us with 56 million from the transfer

56 million minus his original transfer fee of 38.5 million = profit of $17,500,000

Also non of these figures take into account agent fee's, wages, other stuff etc. 

It’s 20% and it is the profit, not the fee 

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Gallagher is the only one I’d want from Chelsea either on loan or part exchange.

Pulisic I think would be a good fit if they could do something about the wages. He needs to play and would put the ball in the net.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Chalobah on loan would be a decent shout. Wouldn't mind CHO on loan as well.

Then can use 80m to buy 2 first team ready players - rw and cb.

We’ve simply got to tap them up I think for loans. Fills me with dread the idea of us trying to get three quick deals over the line.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve simply got to tap them up I think for loans. Fills me with dread the idea of us trying to get three quick deals over the line.

This is the ideal scenario should he leave, get lots of cash, fill the gaps with good loans, loads out of contract next summer ready for a proper rebuild then.

• Like 2

With the St Etienne sell on clause aren't we better trying to get players from Chelsea plus a fee instead of just a huge fee?  Chalobah would be one. We should steer clear of CHO just because of the injury. Ziyech or Pulisic on loan would solve a problem while we decide on who to reinvest the money in to for the RW position. Ziyech might still go AC Milan, can't see Man Utd signing him over Antony at Ajax who looks a world beater. Newcastle apparently interested in Pulisic on loan so surely we can compete with that. Especially holding this ace. 

Guest Kopfkino
18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We've had all summer to sort out and scout a replacement, so if we did decide to sell him, there should be no excuses about panic signings. Either back your squad or sign a well scouted target. There is absolutely no need to shell out money on a player unless you're confident they'll fit in, absolutely no reason at all. A loan is fine, but signing a player on a 3+ year contract to plug a gap is dumb.

He's not, but it's excellent value regardless. They either get a top class CB for 10 years or they sell him in his prime and make the majority of the money back. Much better value than signing Vestergaard for £15 million. Or Drinkwater for £35 million. Or Maguire for £80 million.

We don’t have a head of recruitment, our reported top target has already gone elsewhere and the person that would have been responsible for putting together a target list isn’t rated by many on here. That we panicked ourselves into Vestergaard last year surely doesn’t inspire hope?

Add that to the fact last time we did this we ended up going for targets we didn’t want to pay the quoted prices for and ended up with Ryan Bennett on loan in January. And the fact that if we sell this summer, the fee is useless to us for the new UEFA FFP rules. Sure we’d have the cash but we’d be doing our refresh in two weeks with no head of recruitment and some of our preferred targets elsewhere.

That the spoilt little child is throwing his toys out of the pram makes it tricky for us but just hold firm. He’ll get over himself and we’ll get as much next year

8 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Pulisic I think would be a good fit if they could do something about the wages. He needs to play and would put the ball in the net.

I like Pulisic, he's pacey and direct but unfortunately putting the ball in the back of the net has not been his forte recently. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We could choose to wait until Jan too - there's only 12 games between now and then.

I reckon the club must have at least an option on a couple if they let this go through and that's what they will have spent the last few weeks doing.

56 minutes ago, Frost said:

Can people please stop talking about players being tapped up? It's not a thing.

Personal terms are agreed with the player before any discussion is held with the selling club.

Every. Single. Time.

Can only be officially done with the selling clubs permission and since it is still being reported that our position is not for sale we will not have allowed hence it would be tapping up.

Yes it does happen in sales but the selling club has to allow it

Guest Kopfkino
23 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well getting the first two off Chelsea wouldn't be that difficult and having 80m in the market at the end of the window is actually quite favourable as lots of sides need to sell.

You can only have 1 on loan from a single club so it would be pretty difficult