Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We could choose to wait until Jan too - there's only 12 games between now and then.

I reckon the club must have at least an option on a couple if they let this go through and that's what they will have spent the last few weeks doing.

World Cup will probably do us a favour this year!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Chalobah on loan would be a decent shout. Wouldn't mind CHO on loan as well.

Then can use 80m to buy 2 first team ready players - rw and cb.

Plus with a few squad player sales like Soumare, we should be able to buy a new goalkeeper like Lafont. 

I do like how people say we gave him a contract, like he was some down on luck ex youth prodigy crack head that needed one last shot at redemption lol

We secured our most valuable asset on a long term contract so we could collect a big fee for him and that's all there is to it really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owynn Palmer-Atkin, BBC Radio Leicester

The date is 07/03/22 and Wesley Fofana has just signed a new contract at Leicester City, which will tie him down for five years. His future felt relatively secure.

"I love everything about the club. I love the city, I love the fans," he said in a statement on the Leicester City website. The same club was key in supporting a rigorous rehabilitation programme and schedule following Fofana’s horror injury at the beginning of the 2021-22 season.

Fast forward less than six months and the saga surrounding his future appears to be reaching boiling point.

Leicester are standing firm on their price tag on the French defender, who’s been tipped to go on to become one of the best defenders in the world.

Two bids have arrived from Chelsea, both well "under the valuation" according to Brendan Rodgers, who is obviously keen to hold on to his defensive jewel.

Leicester will only justify allowing Fofana to leave, if it's for a world-record fee. That would mean in excess of the £80m Manchester United paid the Foxes for Harry Maguire in 2019.

Despite various reports, Leicester are not in financial trouble. Simply, the club are working to a sustainable model and need to offload squad players to make room for incomings. That is directed at players like Vestergaard and Soumare, the latter of which is edging towards an exit.

But talk of Fofana not being happy with that shouldn’t come as a surprise to City fans. It is a behaviour, after all, that he sported at St Etienne to try to force a move to the Foxes.

His following of potential suitors and their players on social media, talk of being unhappy et al - all old tricks.

But with the end of the window edging closer and talk of unrest, this saga looks to be coming to a close....one way, or another.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We’ve simply got to tap them up I think for loans. Fills me with dread the idea of us trying to get three quick deals over the line.

...this situation should be ideal, any loan from Chelsea (no fee) would allow them to save face in the Fofana deal!!!

Ziyech might be worth a try, they would not entertain Gallagher to be part of the package. Colwill going elsewhere must have been down to the wishes of the player as he was a prime bargaining chip for this situation.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we do sell, we need to target players with only a year left as otherwise we'll be absolutely hammered on transfer prices.

Cherki, Tsygankov, Aouar, Soler, Thuram, Ndicka, Scalvini, Orellano, Mbuku, Smalling, Gnoto, Imeri

...there are a lot of scrabble points there RIC..!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely Evan Ndicka, scouted him before. He's in the final year of his deal, left footed, plenty of experience but still in his early twenties. Available for £15-20m

I would be half tempted to lob in a bid for Andersen from Palace. Been massively impressed with him at Palace, both attitude and ability.

Would probably be looking at 35-40 million at this stage of the window though I imagine. Potential captain material once Evans calls it a day as well.

Problem is the relationship is sour now. If he has agreed personal terms with Chelsea as reported, it just shows how little he cares about Leicester. After everything the club did for him last year, it would show him for the immature, ungrateful brat that he is. I hope we hold out for a record fee. We owe both him and Chelsea absolutely nothing.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

We don’t have the room for players or wages in the squad!

I’m not saying Fofana is the only one to leave but he re-finances your entire rebuild. Allowing others to leave on loan.

I don't care what money he is sold for, it's a ridiculous decision this late on in the window. Let's strengthen Chelsea a bit more and leave ourselves weaker!!! Such a massive downer for the players too. Not a great way to kick of a new season. It's wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hales said:

I don't care what money he is sold for, it's a ridiculous decision this late on in the window. Let's strengthen Chelsea a bit more and leave ourselves weaker!!! Such a massive downer for the players too. Not a great way to kick of a new season. It's wrong.

welcome to the rich and greedy parasites who suck clubs dry then do one..... all about money

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...none, if we insist that Wilf helps to aid in progressing the ball forward!!!

I actually witnessed Wilf taking the ball on the half-turn in the middle of the park just in our own half of the field. He looked good in doing so, but he was not where he should be, and we are paying for this experiment.

With a player such as Fofana, who relishes driving forward with the ball, it is essential we have Wilf in a position to drop into the backline to cover, he can't do that if he is involved in keeping possession 40 yards from our opponents' goal.

I think I remember that move and thought he's finally learning how to handle the Ball. We both agree he's at his best in the defensive role but he does need somone to play alonside him on the left. Because teams are  sucking him in and playing past him or switching it quickly left or right. Then they are in on our back 4 before we know it. I really thought Soumare was going to be the answer but it looks like he might be off.

Likewise with Fofana, The problem there is he's very often left stranded with the Ball because we don't have anyone on the left to offer support.

Youri is too slow and is more forward thinking.  But most of our problems comes from the lack of Balance in the team.

Too much space between players at key moments and possession break down.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Problem is the relationship is sour now. If he has agreed personal terms with Chelsea as reported, it just shows how little he cares about Leicester. After everything the club did for him last year, it would show him for the immature, ungrateful brat that he is. I hope we hold out for a record fee. We owe both him and Chelsea absolutely nothing.

Agree fleece Boehly. No add-ons, no installments. 100% up front or Fuchs off.

Plus demand the agents fee is fully repaid for the 5 year contract.  The agent did not deliver on his fee.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 3