Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I would be half tempted to lob in a bid for Andersen from Palace. Been massively impressed with him at Palace, both attitude and ability.

Would probably be looking at 35-40 million at this stage of the window though I imagine. Potential captain material once Evans calls it a day as well.

Bidding for PL players is nearly always a mistake for a club like us. Either they're hostile bids and you pay more than there worth or they're welcome bids and you soon find out the reason. 

When have we ever made a signing as a PL club from another PL club and it's proved to be good business?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all going to plan IMO, flipping him for a £40m profit even accounting for what we owe St Etienne, it's fantastic business and couldn't come at a better time given we are snookered. Get it done by next week, get some other shit out for whatever is being offered and then get some players in before the close of the window

Do you actually think we can though? Clubs will know we are desperate and that we have a huge amount of money burning a hole in our back pockets, and will slap ridiculous price tags on accordingly. 

If this had happened in early July, I'd be much more comfortable. I'm seriously concerned we don't have the time now to spend this cash properly and will pay the price. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sack off the miserable f*****. We knew what we were getting when he did it to move here. 

Very few complained on here then. The over the top eulogies about the lad have been frankly embarrassing since he joined. The season he played our defense was still average. He is worth around £60 million no more and frankly I can see him burning out before he is 25. So many of these young prodigies turn out to be short lived and eventually disappoint.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Chelsea fans crying about his actions when PSG, Madrid or Barcelona come calling. 

I still think Tuchel will be gone before the end of the season and they won’t get CL football.

insert a 25% sell on and bank any extra profit they make to rub salt into the wound.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gerard said:

Bidding for PL players is nearly always a mistake for a club like us. Either they're hostile bids and you pay more than there worth or they're welcome bids and you soon find out the reason. 

When have we ever made a signing as a PL club from another PL club and it's proved to be good business?

You’re right. Danny Simpson, Marc Albrighton, Rob Huth. All disasters. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Are there actual repercussions for tapping up a player? (if that is the case)

I remember when Chelsea tapped Ashley Cole up, all parties got fined including Mourinho, Cole and Chelsea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Do you actually think we can though? Clubs will know we are desperate and that we have a huge amount of money burning a hole in our back pockets, and will slap ridiculous price tags on accordingly. 

If this had happened in early July, I'd be much more comfortable. I'm seriously concerned we don't have the time now to spend this cash properly and will pay the price. 

We'd have to play the market well, target players with a year left on their deal who clubs are looking to sell as they risk getting nothing - Ndicka and Cherki etc.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely Evan Ndicka, scouted him before. He's in the final year of his deal, left footed, plenty of experience but still in his early twenties. Available for £15-20m

Agreed, hope we don't lose out to Villa who will no doubt be in the market

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd have to play the market well, target players with a year left on their deal who clubs are looking to sell as they risk getting nothing - Ndicka and Cherki etc.

You hope we would have some sort of a plan in the pipeline for this?  If not we could be in trouble.

• Like 1

We'd be mad not to take 80 right now.

Christ he has the ability but he's still so young he could go either way given his age and previous injury, yes potentially world class (as was Riccy P) but it's obvious he's going to end up elsewhere sooner or later.

Take the risk out of it, get as close to 80 as we can and rebuild from there.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sack off the miserable f*****. We knew what we were getting when he did it to move here. 

Exactly. That's why I'm not that cut up about it. The bit that is really crappy from him is that we stuck by after a big injury, gave him a bumper deal and then he's immediately turned round and asked to leave. Was always going to push for a move when it came to it but thought it would be at least a year later.

• Like 2

If we get £80m I make that Chelsea have given us around £200m for Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell and now possibly Fofana.

I wonder if they regret the £50m for Chilwell, seeing as they just spent £60m on another left back 🤣 and I think we’re still laughing all the way to the bank with the Drinkwater deal…

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Very few complained on here then. The over the top eulogies about the lad have been frankly embarrassing since he joined. The season he played our defense was still average. He is worth around £60 million no more and frankly I can see him burning out before he is 25. So many of these young prodigies turn out to be short lived and eventually disappoint.

That’s the spirit. He’s not really that good anyway 🤣.  Probably fall apart by 23 years old. Best get rid now before he breaks his other leg 😂

In other news, he’s still likely to be one of the worlds top 5 centre backs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If we get £80m I make that Chelsea have given us around £200m for Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell and now possibly Fofana.

I wonder if they regret the £50m for Chilwell, seeing as they just spent £60m on another left back 🤣 and I think we’re still laughing all the way to the bank with the Drinkwater deal…

They won the champions league with Chilwell in the side - I very much doubt they regret buying him

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all going to plan IMO, flipping him for a £40m profit even accounting for what we owe St Etienne, it's fantastic business and couldn't come at a better time given we are snookered. Get it done by next week, get some other shit out for whatever is being offered and then get some players in before the close of the window. 

Yes, it's needs to be done asap and then move on. Time for us to get a couple of new faces in. Then we can relax and hopefully rebuild morale.