Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I still can't see him going this window. But if he does, Colwill will surely be part of the deal (reported as separate transfers for financial reasons though).

Also, you'd have to hope that we have several targets in mind. If Kasper goes as well to free up wages, we'll need two CBs and potentially a keeper. That could be done through freeing up Kasper and Wes's wages.

Then we'll still need that RW, potentially through shifting Youri, Perez, Choudhury, Praet, Soumare or Mendy. Personally, with everything else going on, I'd kick the RW problem down the road by trying to convince Pep we'd be a good place for Cole Palmer to develop. He'd play most weeks for us at RW and we try to play decent football. Could be worth a shot, although I do think he'll get more minutes at Man City this season and Pep isn't fond of loaning out his more prodigious talents.

8 hours ago, dbtcity said:

He’s started following a bunch of Chelsea players on Twitter 

and just like magic, twelve hours later he isn’t !

I recall something v similar happened when we were chasing him 

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I still can't see him going this window. But if he does, Colwill will surely be part of the deal (reported as separate transfers for financial reasons though).

Also, you'd have to hope that we have several targets in mind. If Kasper goes as well to free up wages, we'll need two CBs and potentially a keeper. That could be done through freeing up Kasper and Wes's wages.

Then we'll still need that RW, potentially through shifting Youri, Perez, Choudhury, Praet, Soumare or Mendy. Personally, with everything else going on, I'd kick the RW problem down the road by trying to convince Pep we'd be a good place for Cole Palmer to develop. He'd play most weeks for us at RW and we try to play decent football. Could be worth a shot, although I do think he'll get more minutes at Man City this season and Pep isn't fond of loaning out his more prodigious talents.

I have a feeling that colwill wouldnt be part of any deal unless we’ve really rinsed them

it wouldn’t surprise me if the deal is hyper inflated or v suppressed ref st elttienne’s payout 

I doubt Chelsea will pay us £90m + to cover the 20% of the profit headed to France so we could get creative on this 

eg. fee 55m

a day later we agree a loan for colwill with an option to buy.  (Undisclosed fee but it will be v low and the loan fee is v low) 

chelsea will cover the vast majority of his wages this season. 

you can see how we could manipulate a deal to work in our favour re our ffp issues this season. The publicised numbers will not necessarily be ‘genuine’.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not think he will leave this Summer, but if he did, what @st albans fox says seems like the type of structure that would be required to get it done

Any lawyer worth his salt would have put anti-avoidance clauses in the contract to ensure just such a situation doesn't arise.  Connected transactions etc.  Obviously I haven't seen the contract but if they aren't in there someone in France is going to have a negligence claim against them. 

Of course, there are always work arounds but I'd be surprised if it's easy to structure the deal in the way suggested by St Alban's Fox.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Any lawyer worth his salt would have put anti-avoidance clauses in the contract to ensure just such a situation doesn't arise.  Connected transactions etc.  Obviously I haven't seen the contract but if they aren't in there someone in France is going to have a negligence claim against them. 

Of course, there are always work arounds but I'd be surprised if it's easy to structure the deal in the way suggested by St Alban's Fox.  

Agreed.  We agreed that clause with St. Etienne and no way we’d be allowed to piss all over it that blatantly, not to mention the damage it would do to our reputation as a potential transfer partner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Fair enough, you clearly know way more about this than me, so I shall defer to your view on this!  :D

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Agreed.  We agreed that clause with St. Etienne and no way we’d be allowed to piss all over it that blatantly, not to mention the damage it would do to our reputation as a potential transfer partner.

Yeah good point actually, if we want to pick up players with potential that may mean sell on clauses and if we are known as slippery sh1ts it's not going to help us.  

11 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

the boy has been here for two seasons 

one of which he missed almost entirely because of injury 

we paid 30mll 

we sell him for 50/55mill.  Entirely reasonable. 

A colwill deal - accepted won’t be a day later but it could be a couple weeks.   

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, you clearly know way more about this than me, so I shall defer to your view on this!  :D

Well, you'd be surprised how often obvious things get overlooked but if Etienne had half decent legal representation this shouldn't have been. And as @Deeg67points out there's reputational issues as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

the boy has been here for two seasons 

one of which he missed almost entirely because of injury 

we paid 30mll 

we sell him for 50/55mill.  Entirely reasonable. 

A colwill deal - accepted won’t be a day later but it could be a couple weeks.   

I really don't know the ins and outs of the contract.  But as I said there's likely linked transactions and market value clauses.  

We've already reportedly said no bid less than 70m is acceptable so we've kind of set the market value right there.  If we sell for 50m and then take Colwill on the cheap two weeks later I don't think it would take Sherlock to smell a rat.  

As I say, we'll see.  I'm just pointing out it is unlikely to be as simple as we'd like to take cash and players.  

If you were offered double the money for doing the same job in a more salubrious environment. Well, its a no brainer.

Our front line defence is looking like it will be Ward, Bertrand, Lurch, Evans and Ricci next season with Mendy giving cover. Should be good to ship at least 100 goals.

• Haha 1

Season starts in a week and I can't see Chelsea or us being involved in such a big negotiation now. In fact 95% of transfers are probably already done. We shall probably be mainly involved in loan agreements in August.

By Dom Toner - Has the answer.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/analysis/chelsea-could-have-perfect-opportunity-to-swap-kepa-for-their-21-year-old-target-tcc-view/

Chelsea could have perfect opportunity to swap Kepa for their 21-year-old target - TCC View

Chelsea should start considering making an offer of Kepa Arrizabalaga plus cash in a deal for Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana.

Kepa, 27, has fallen into the role at Stamford Bridge as second-choice goalkeeper ever since teammate Edouard Mendy joined the club.

The Spanish shot-stopper has started to rebuild his reputation with some decent performances recently, keeping eight clean sheets in 15 Blues appearances last season. However, he can’t be content with being an understudy goalkeeper.

It’s been claimed earlier this summer that Kepa is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this window if a suitable offer comes in.

With time ticking on the transfer window and no concrete links to suggest he’s leaving anytime soon, Chelsea should seize what looks like a perfect opportunity to offload him.

Chelsea should offer Kepa for Fofana

A tactic worth trying in this window is offering Kepa to Premier League rivals Leicester, who may be in need of a new No.1 goalkeeper.

Chelsea are linked with a move for Foxes 21-year-old centre-back Wesley Fofana, who may reportedly end up costing somewhere between £70million-£85million. However, could the Blues drive down that asking price by including one of their players in the deal?

It’s unclear on if Leicester would be open to signing Kepa, but it appears like they’re in need of a new goalkeeper. Therefore, it must be worth Chelsea considering to get them closer to Fofana’s signature.

Kasper Schmeichel, who’s been Leicester’s outstanding first-choice goalkeeper for over a decade, is actually linked with a transfer exit in this window.

L’Equipe reports 35-year-old Schmeichel has agreed to join French club Nice, but that deal won’t be approved until Leicester find his replacement.

Chelsea must ask the question

For certain, Leicester’s centre-half Fofana is definitely worth chasing this summer.

The quick defender could be a brilliant answer to strengthen Thomas Tuchel’s backline, so should get involved in negotiations to try drive a bargain for him.

It makes sense for the club to chuck Kepa on the table to see if he interests Leicester.

Nobody will be surprised if Kepa’s £71.6million valuation from a few years ago has dramatically fallen, but you’d think including him in a deal would at least put a small dent in the Fofana asking price.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

If you were offered double the money for doing the same job in a more salubrious environment. Well, its a no brainer.

Our front line defence is looking like it will be Ward, Bertrand, Lurch, Evans and Ricci next season with Mendy giving cover. Should be good to ship at least 100 goals.

Justin and Castagne have been sold? 
When did this happen?

Drama queen

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

By Dom Toner - Has the answer.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/analysis/chelsea-could-have-perfect-opportunity-to-swap-kepa-for-their-21-year-old-target-tcc-view/

Chelsea could have perfect opportunity to swap Kepa for their 21-year-old target - TCC View

Chelsea should start considering making an offer of Kepa Arrizabalaga plus cash in a deal for Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana.

Kepa, 27, has fallen into the role at Stamford Bridge as second-choice goalkeeper ever since teammate Edouard Mendy joined the club.

The Spanish shot-stopper has started to rebuild his reputation with some decent performances recently, keeping eight clean sheets in 15 Blues appearances last season. However, he can’t be content with being an understudy goalkeeper.

It’s been claimed earlier this summer that Kepa is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this window if a suitable offer comes in.

With time ticking on the transfer window and no concrete links to suggest he’s leaving anytime soon, Chelsea should seize what looks like a perfect opportunity to offload him.

Chelsea should offer Kepa for Fofana

A tactic worth trying in this window is offering Kepa to Premier League rivals Leicester, who may be in need of a new No.1 goalkeeper.

Chelsea are linked with a move for Foxes 21-year-old centre-back Wesley Fofana, who may reportedly end up costing somewhere between £70million-£85million. However, could the Blues drive down that asking price by including one of their players in the deal?

It’s unclear on if Leicester would be open to signing Kepa, but it appears like they’re in need of a new goalkeeper. Therefore, it must be worth Chelsea considering to get them closer to Fofana’s signature.

Kasper Schmeichel, who’s been Leicester’s outstanding first-choice goalkeeper for over a decade, is actually linked with a transfer exit in this window.

L’Equipe reports 35-year-old Schmeichel has agreed to join French club Nice, but that deal won’t be approved until Leicester find his replacement.

Chelsea must ask the question

For certain, Leicester’s centre-half Fofana is definitely worth chasing this summer.

The quick defender could be a brilliant answer to strengthen Thomas Tuchel’s backline, so should get involved in negotiations to try drive a bargain for him.

It makes sense for the club to chuck Kepa on the table to see if he interests Leicester.

Nobody will be surprised if Kepa’s £71.6million valuation from a few years ago has dramatically fallen, but you’d think including him in a deal would at least put a small dent in the Fofana asking price.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Mdh8.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I really don't know the ins and outs of the contract.  But as I said there's likely linked transactions and market value clauses.  

We've already reportedly said no bid less than 70m is acceptable so we've kind of set the market value right there.  If we sell for 50m and then take Colwill on the cheap two weeks later I don't think it would take Sherlock to smell a rat.  

As I say, we'll see.  I'm just pointing out it is unlikely to be as simple as we'd like to take cash and players.  

Go back and check what we quoted for chilly and what we sold him for ….

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

I like the way people can judge intentions by who someone follows on Twitter. A bit frightening, hope no one here finds my twitter account!

I think it’s more down to the fact that it was the exact route little Wes went down at the beginning of our pursuit for him… granted it could be coincidental but the fact he randomly starts following 4/5 chelsea players just as he’s linked has a little deja vu about it