Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Really poor attitude from the lad but we saw the same attitude when we bought him here. We've handed him a new deal off the back of a bad injury with a bumper pay rise as well no doubt. No loyalty whatsoever these days. 

For me, I'd get rid now for £85m plus and Hudson-Odoi thrown in too. 

With the attitude he has, would he give us 100% in his performances if we don't allow him to leave, my guess is probably not. I don't think he'll get in the French WC squad regardless. 

The last thing we need is a bad apple in the camp. Things are bad enough as it is! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is the same Club that brought in Vesty and Bertrand last summer. The omens for your wish do not look favorable.

This is why I wouldn’t budge unless it’s over 100m if I was Top. We have little room to manoeuvre in the window and with the way last season was handled, I really wouldn’t like to risk it.

• Like 1

Tanner’s published a piece in the Athletic essentially giving Leicester’s viewpoint. 

He said in summary Leicester won’t sell unless they get a world record bid. Even then, it may not make the expected impact on recruitment as we need to still get rid of those experienced players that aren’t part of the main squad as that’s the priority and it’s very late in the transfer window. 

https://theathletic.com/3487119/2022/08/16/wesley-fofana-leicester-chelsea/?source=emp_shared_article

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jock's Hill said:

Yes, it's needs to be done asap and then move on. Time for us to get a couple of new faces in. Then we can relax and hopefully rebuild morale.

But surely we can’t sell Fofana  & Tielemans in the same window unless we have replacements hopefully lined up ??

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

The balls in our court and we hold all the cards. Either Chelsea pay a world record fee or poor Wes deals with it. I really hope Top pulls Chelsea’s pants down. It’s a big risk from our POV considering there’s not much time left in the window.

If an agreement is made, I just hope and pray we have somebody lined up that is capable of coming straight into the team and hits the ground running.

Soyuncu may have been a bit off, but if Brendan grows up and reverts to a back 4 with him and Evans as the centre backs, it could allow us to actually take our time intergrating a new signing. Unless Soyuncu doesn't refind any form in which case we'd be buggered.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

But surely we can’t sell Fofana  & Tielemans in the same window unless we have replacements hopefully lined up ??

Suppose it's down to how prepared we are really. If we could sell both for around £90m with an agreement with Chelsea to take CHO and Gallacher on loan.... That leaves us a CB slot to fill with a good lump  of dough in the coffers. If we could get rid of Soumare with Diop coming the other way too...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I cvnting hate the big clubs. There’s nothing we can do. Ever. Yes we won the league once but there’s no way anyone can break into that group without mental investment. It’s so depressing. 

Jamie Vardy’s magic…

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I cvnting hate the big clubs. There’s nothing we can do. Ever. Yes we won the league once but there’s no way anyone can break into that group without mental investment. It’s so depressing. 

I don't buy into this.

Without a food chain, we wouldn't have been able to help ourselves to lil Wes fro St Etienne, Madders at Norwich or even Evans from West Brom. All those clubs had to stand by passively and watch us help oursleves to their best player when it suited us.

There was no sympathy from our fanbase to theirs when doing that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

You’re right. Danny Simpson, Marc Albrighton, Rob Huth. All disasters. 

I said "nearly always".

interesting that you had to go back 7+ years to find an example and use some unwanted bargain basements to use as an example.

See if you can give me an example since we won the title and if you do I'll give you three times as many that didn't. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Soyuncu may have been a bit off, but if Brendan grows up and reverts to a back 4 with him and Evans as the centre backs, it could allow us to actually take our time intergrating a new signing. Unless Soyuncu doesn't refind any form in which case we'd be buggered.

Tbf looking at the last two games, doesn’t look like Soyuncu is fancied one but by Rodgers which is a big shame considering he is much better defensively than Amartey.

• Like 2