Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

He’s currently played 52 games for us and the most surprising thing for me, is that he’s picked up 14 yellow cards during that time. 

If Chelsea meet our valuation, he’ll go. 

I also doubt we’d replace him this window, meaning we’ve got a back line featuring Amartey, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Evans and Brunt. 

May as well strap in now hadn’t we? 

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Hope you broke your keyboard typing this 

I agree with the sentiment but I also understand the sheer frustration. If what we hear is true then this guy wouldve let the club and fans down on a collosul scale.

No other player that I remember wouldve done such a dirty on us and I certainly won't be wishing him on his way. Its about showing some respect and he will understand the predicament that we will be in pro footballer or not. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s currently played 52 games for us and the most surprising thing for me, is that he’s picked up 14 yellow cards during that time. 

I also doubt we’d replace him this window, meaning we’ve got a back line featuring Amartey, Vestergaard, Soyuncu, Evans and Brunt. 

With those choices lets get prepared for a strap on is more the truth!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sly said:

Of course we will there is still 2 weeks of the window left.

Why wouldn't we?

• Like 1

Just now, wokinghamfox said:

I agree with the sentiment but I also understand the sheer frustration. If what we hear is true then this guy wouldve let the club and fans down on a collosul scale.

No other player that I remember wouldve done such a dirty on us and I certainly won't be wishing him on his way. Its about showing some respect and he will understand the predicament that we will be in pro footballer or not. 

But there is no evidence is there? If not its tantamount to a kangaroo court driven by a media/influencers that certainly has an agenda substantial different than our own

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

He is showing us the same respect as he did to St Etienne when he wanted to come here.  This day was always coming, it was just how long it would be before a "Chelsea" type club came in for him, and then if he didn't get his own way, we knew from experience what he would do and how he would act.  It's not really a surprise. He has no affiliation or love for our football club. This is all about getting to what he sees as the top as quickly as he can. If it was up to me, I would say tough luck mate, you only just tied yourself to an improved contract a few months ago. You're going no where this season, but that's unlikely to be the way this ends. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He is showing us the same respect as he did to St Etienne when he wanted to come here.  This day was always coming, it was just how long it would be before a "Chelsea" type club came in for him, and then if he didn't get his own way, we knew from experience what he would do and how he would act.  It's not really a surprise. He has no affiliation or love for our football club. This is all about getting to what he sees as the top as quickly as he can. If it was up to me, I would say tough luck mate, you only just tied yourself to an improved contract a few months ago. You're going no where this season, but that's unlikely to be the way this ends. 

... because we're in desperate need of cash!!

It really seems Fofana doesn't want to be here. It leaves a bad taste for me as he's been out injured for so long and Leicester gave him a new deal. Thought I'd never say this but get the 85 million and take it, if we invest the money on a RW and CB who want to be here and are young and hungry I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, supernuk said:

It really seems Fofana doesn't want to be here. It leaves a bad taste for me as he's been out injured for so long and Leicester gave him a new deal. Thought I'd never say this but get the 85 million and take it, if we invest the money on a RW and CB who want to be here and are young and hungry I'm all for it. 

It’s hard to tell if it’s aimed at the the post Arsenal result, or his current feeling toward the club. 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s hard to tell if it’s aimed at the the post Arsenal result, or his current feeling toward the club. 

Yeah know what you're saying but I think there is no smoke without fire. Leicester have stuck by him and now it appears he's pushing for his 'dream transfer' 🙄🙄. With him only signing a massive new contract in March I just hope we can get 85 million. 

I won't be wishing him the best if he goes. All I hope is the 85 million is spent well on a new CB and RW. 

Yeah know what you're saying but I think there is no smoke without fire. Leicester have stuck by him and now it appears he's pushing for his 'dream transfer' 🙄🙄. With him only signing a massive new contract in March I just hope we can get 85 million. 

I won't be wishing him the best if he goes. All I hope is the 85 million is spent well on a new CB and RW. 

Stuck by him? Must have been very tough for us to stick by one of the best young centre backs in world football. We'd lose out just as much if we didn't. Even if he wasn't as good as he is what do you expect a club to do if someone picks up an injury? I've said it before they aren't getting him to sort it himself and having him back once he's fit.

9 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Yeah it will leave a bit of a bad taste for me if he does go. Thought he owed us another season to be honest. Especially as he was injured most of last season and only recently signed a new deal 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Need to go full southampton on this and release a statement on social media accusing Chelsea of tapping up and report them to the authorities. As what happened with Van Dijk. Tell the clubs this is our price pay it or go away. It would send out a strong message that we can’t be bullied by the bigger clubs 

and then have a list of clubs release statements on how we’ve tapped up a number of targets over the years …… inc most notably ….. wes …..

I agree.

He’s great, however if he wants to go, Chelsea need to pay the fee sooner rather than later. 

Sometimes, it’s best for all parties. Shame about Colwill being part of the Brighton deal, as he’d have been a solution. The worrying thing is, other than Bednarek, we’ve not really been linked to any replacements. 

We can live with a smaller squad size this year, as we’ve only got 36 - 48 games left, depending on how we do in the cups. Realistically, they could work on the assumption that we strengthen for the FA Cup in January. 

16 League games is a lot though and it’ll be a tough watch with our highly immobile and error prone defence.

We could do with changing style if this is how we’re approaching it though, as a pressing style will leave holes for people to expose. That might also help Ward. 

I thought the main benefit of signing a long contract was that we can sell him for a top price.

We're at that point so let's sell him. 

All this he's not for sale etc is just posturing by us to maximize his fee. Everyone is for sale at the right price.

Exactly what St Etienne did with us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d like to know why it’s taking Chelsea so long to put another bid they must know what we want so why mess about? This will only go against them. 

They have seen Fofana's weaknesses in the opening two matches and are hesitating. They are right to do so. This is a lot of money.

18 hours ago, taupe said:

Kane has a different temperament, and I felt didn't really want to leave anyway. He is 'Mr Spurs' Levy has now put more of a team around Kane, and that's what he wanted.

I could see Fofana packing a major sad, being very disruptive. He has nothing like the same feelings for the club that Kane has for Spurs. 

If Kane had a better agent, who was more a match for Levy he would have gone. 

Spurs are a good side but Man City are better and he would have won things possibly the CL last season.

my point is more, you can sulk all you like but we clearly will sell him this season or next so it’s how it is managed.  There is also a World Cup squad he’ll want to get into

They have seen Fofana's weaknesses in the opening two matches and are hesitating. They are right to do so. This is a lot of money.

It is a lot of money and perhaps also a statement piece for Chelsea's new management team. This has rumbled on a while now and I suspect (some of) the Chelsea faithful might consider it a failure if the club aren't able to splash a world record sum. I'm not saying that alone will swing the deal but I'd not be surprised if it's a factor - a 'new' Chelsea has arrived (which is a actually more of the same, business as usual, but you know what I mean)

Edited by taupe

3 minutes ago, taupe said:

It is a lot of money and perhaps also a statement piece for Chelsea's new management team. This has rumbled on a while now and I suspect (some of) the Chelsea faithful might consider it a failure if the club aren't able to splash a world record sum. I'm not saying that alone will swing the deal but I'd not be surprised if it's a factor - a 'new' Chelsea has arrived (which is a actually more of the same, business as usual, but you know what I mean)

Actually I'm inclined to think that, having thoroughly unsettled him, Chelsea will now believe that we can be forced into selling for a lower fee.

Standby for perhaps even a smaller offer than the last one with young Wesley being encouraged to pile on the pressure for us to let him go.