Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

Actually I'm inclined to think that, having thoroughly unsettled him, Chelsea will now believe that we can be forced into selling for a lower fee.

Standby for perhaps even a smaller offer than the last one with young Wesley being encouraged to pile on the pressure for us to let him go.

that won't wash with us, and Chelsea know it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

that won't wash with us, and Chelsea know it

I'd like to think that you are right but this is a different Chelsea now being run by an American intent on both making his mark and throwing his weight around.

Let's  just see what happens...

I got no problem with Wes wanting to go. Bigger club, opportunity etc. Its what you should want to do in life/your career. 

However, to try and get the club to lose out after you've spent half a season benefiting from our medical facilities makes him a dickhead. 

I hope out of principle we do not lower our initial asking price. 

3 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

If he wants to go now, just wait until he hears the booing he's likely to get on Saturday. 

If he plays for us on Sat i would expect no one to boo him. but i admit our fans enjoy a boo for basically no reason at all. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

This sounds about right. The suggestion from one of Rob Tanner's articles is that even if we were to get the world record fee on Fofana, we'd still have to sell more to become active in the transfer market. It suggest we have dug ourselves into a blackhole - which for me is a surprise and a worry. What sort of execs do we have running the club. Unprecedented success combine with some hefty sales and we still fine ourselves in such a predicament. Perhaps we need a few experienced football execs in the long run. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This sounds about right. The suggestion from one of Rob Tanner's articles is that even if we were to get the world record fee on Fofana, we'd still have to sell more to become active in the transfer market. It suggest we have dug ourselves into a blackhole - which for me is a surprise and a worry. What sort of execs do we have running the club. Unprecedented success combine with some hefty sales and we still fine ourselves in such a predicament. Perhaps we need a few experienced football execs in the long run. 

Fofana sold to plug a hole, some flexibility to bin off 2-3 players we need to shift on and we'll get a couple in, possibly on loan. We've had a good run at it and are sadly victims of being successful and ambitious.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I thought the main benefit of signing a long contract was that we can sell him for a top price.

We're at that point so let's sell him. 

All this he's not for sale etc is just posturing by us to maximize his fee. Everyone is for sale at the right price.

Exactly what St Etienne did with us.

But this is different. Name the last player in football who signed an extension to a decent size contract anyway, then making it to 5 years & being sold 4/5 months later? 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

... because we're in desperate need of cash!!

Well apparently we don't need the money, we just need to move some of the others off the wage bill and make some squad space while we're at it, in order to bring a couple in. I've no idea if there is more to it than that. I just can't understand how it is that we seem to be the only club struggling with this. Ffp and all it involves just goes completely over my head to be honest.  I don't get how Chelsea can be took over and the owner just chuck all the money around as he is, without breaching Ffp, but like I say it all goes completely over my head.

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If he plays for us on Sat i would expect no one to boo him. but i admit our fans enjoy a boo for basically no reason at all. 

I’d personally have him on the bench Saturday. We don’t need the negativity and uncertainty in his game at a very uncertain period for us.

More of a statement move than anything that no one is bigger than the club, and the team is much more important than one player…

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana sold to plug a hole, some flexibility to bin off 2-3 players we need to shift on and we'll get a couple in, possibly on loan. We've had a good run at it and are sadly victims of being successful and ambitious.

Sorry I may be lost on what you’re saying. But is this black hole regarding our finances more serious than FFP requirements and just a bloated squad? The figure suggested, points to the training ground as being a mistake. I know there were barriers regarding Belvoir Drive and the YMCA, but surely it was still fit to purpose.

5 minutes ago, Essington blue said:

But this is different. Name the last player in football who signed an extension to a decent size contract anyway, then making it to 5 years & being sold 4/5 months later? 

Not all that recent but off the top of my head Bale, Suarez, Thaigo Silva, Kaka and Zidane all did similar.

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I wonder if we’ll try and get Hudson-Odoi as part of this deal as he plugs a problem position for us, although perhaps not given some of the chat this morning (not even a loan).

It seems most are now of the persuasion he needs to be sold, which is quite a turnaround from even a week ago.

I personally wouldn’t want CHO at the KP. Seems like too much of a luxury player who feels he deserves a move to a ‘Big club’ yet hasn’t really done anything to justify it. 

Feel like he’d feel we’re beneath him.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

None of this is new news and all happened weeks ago as @The People's Hero said.

Hes still here by the way!

Not sure on where the news has come to say we need to find 90m but there's easier ways to find 90m than selling a key asset - like selling off the stadium or selling of equity.

If things were that bad you'd need wider investment but there's no sign of top selling off wider parts of the club.

Selling off fofana wouldn't even raise 90m - it'd raise circa 60m even if the quoted fee was 90m.

6 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Sorry I may be lost on what you’re saying. But is this black hole regarding our finances more serious than FFP requirements and just a bloated squad? The figure suggested, points to the training ground as being a mistake. I know there were barriers regarding Belvoir Drive and the YMCA, but surely it was still fit to purpose.

No idea, we've made huge losses in recent years and although FFP for the PL remains different to UEFA, we are ultra cautious on falling foul of any breaches. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's quite a dire prognosis given where we seem to be, the development we've made and the plans in the pipeline. I've no idea tbh (I'm much as @westernpark above has said) but that seems to me to be a 'glass half empty' interpretation. My take was that we are a bit boxed in at the moment (due to FFP regs etc) but there was no cause for real concern, no liquidity issues etc. Suggesting we need to "plug a hole" (not a black hole either, we'd praps need space travel for that, maybe that's why Musk wants to buy ManU ;) ... hmm, another story) hints at operational issues. 

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Changed my mind when I heard (and told all you) about a week ago that he and his agent had made their position abundantly clear to the club; that he wanted to go.

Everyone called it out as BS because clearly I have nothing better to do than make things up, but there you are.

Not convinced on CHO at all, but you're right that he'd plug an obvious hole in our squad and perhaps allow BR to play the system he wants to. I'd want both him (or another of their wingers) and a defender (Chalobah?) in on loan with Chelsea paying the wages. Plugs squad gaps and helps us toward FFP since they wouldn't be on our wage bill.

I’m not convinced on CHO either, but I think he’s better than what we have in that position.

It sounds like you have a decent source!

Sadly I think Fofana was always going to have his head turned. It’s the sad state of modern football, but sometimes I do think players need to be more critical of whether the move will work for footballing reasons. I’m sure it will for Fofana, but you could argue he’s better off here for a season to develop further as guaranteed starter. There are countless examples when these moves don’t work particularly well, which is why Vardy is held is such high esteem I think after rejecting the advances of Arsenal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m not convinced on CHO either, but I think he’s better than what we have in that position.

It sounds like you have a decent source!

Sadly I think Fofana was always going to have his head turned. It’s the sad state of modern football, but sometimes I do think players need to be more critical of whether the move will work for footballing reasons. I’m sure it will for Fofana, but you could argue he’s better off here for a season to develop further as guaranteed starter. There are countless examples when these moves don’t work particularly well, which is why Vardy is held is such high esteem I think after rejecting the advances of Arsenal.

Fofana didn't grow up wanting to play for lesta 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Why would you want to boo him ,that's childish ,,IMO he will go, but whilst he is still a Leicester player we need him to perform to his best .

This is a club's fanbase that boo:
- Ngolo Kante

- Riyad Mahrez

and applaud

- Demarai Gray

childish is a compliment

• Like 1