Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

Well if we really are desperate for the money and the club's stubborn insistence that he's not for sale is just brinkmanship to get a higher price, then we've got nerves of steel to be bluffing like this.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well apparently we don't need the money, we just need to move some of the others off the wage bill and make some squad space while we're at it, in order to bring a couple in. I've no idea if there is more to it than that. I just can't understand how it is that we seem to be the only club struggling with this. Ffp and all it involves just goes completely over my head to be honest.  I don't get how Chelsea can be took over and the owner just chuck all the money around as he is, without breaching Ffp, but like I say it all goes completely over my head.

Ffp is a complete and utter joke!.. it's corrupt to the core!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Connor Gallagher and ziyech and 65 million or no deal

Most of us would take that in a heartbeat but that would still screw us over new FFP wise. Not even sure if either would want to come to us. Also, Chelsea would probably value that at paying us a gross of around £150m.

But I like your positive thinking.

Edited by Nalis

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

This is a club's fanbase that boo:
- Ngolo Kante

- Riyad Mahrez

and applaud

- Demarai Gray

childish is a compliment

What did Demarai Gray do to deserve abuse, must of missed that part? Won the Prem here and left because he wanted to be a first team regular somewhere? Thats more then fair enough.

Agree with the other two though, donuts booing Kante the first season he returned was completely unnacceptable. Without him there would of been no Premier league title

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What did Demarai Gray do to deserve abuse, must of missed that part? Won the Prem here and left because he wanted to be a first team regular somewhere? Thats more then fair enough.

Agree with the other two though, donuts booing Kante the first season he returned was completely unnacceptable. Without him there would of been no Premier league title

Did I say he deserved abuse? 

I said he was applauded. When timewasting against us. After scoring about 8 goals in about 125 appearances. 

Yet morons boo two of the greatest players the clubs ever had... 

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well if we really are desperate for the money and the club's stubborn insistence that he's not for sale is just brinkmanship to get a higher price, then we've got nerves of steel to be bluffing like this.

Particularly if one considers Chelsea might equally know of our predicament. But then perhaps they don't read this forum ;)

1 hour ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

If he wants to go now, just wait until he hears the booing he's likely to get on Saturday. 

Doubt he cares to be honest, he was a lot more overt with his desire to leave St Etienne so doubt he'll be affected by a bit of booing from our fans.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

I've been saying for weeks that I suspect the financial situation is worse than the club are letting on.

I'm surprised at how tough they've been on prices for unwanted players - I suspect they might have knew a bid like this was coming and needed to be seen to be in a strong position. A firesale wouldn't help that position. 

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Need to go full southampton on this and release a statement on social media accusing Chelsea of tapping up and report them to the authorities. As what happened with Van Dijk. Tell the clubs this is our price pay it or go away. It would send out a strong message that we can’t be bullied by the bigger clubs 

Problem is that these tapping up rules can easily be circumvented to have plausible deniability. Liverpool messed up because they had Klopp literally meet Van Dijk in person and tell him how great it would be for him over there.

Clubs have learnt from that, so they now hire intermediaries, who then contact a players agent to discuss a hypothetical transfer of a 21 yr old French defender over speaker phone while said French defender just happens to be in the same room

3 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Chelsea need to buy him for £70m & loan him straight back to us for rest of the season covering half his wage. Everyone’s happy, simples. 😃

I think agreeing a deal involving him and Colwill swapping next summer (plus a stack of ££ for us) might be the best outcome for all parties here. Not sure how possible it'd be with Brighton sticking their noses in 🥴😅