Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, sdb said:

I think agreeing a deal involving him and Colwill swapping next summer (plus a stack of ££ for us) might be the best outcome for all parties here. Not sure how possible it'd be with Brighton sticking their noses in 🥴😅

They want him now. He'll go straight into their first team.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

Ric now you have me properly confused.

For several weeks we've agreed on here that we have money to buy but not for wages because of the new eufa rules. Now you intimate something entirely different.

Also, unless your real name is Susan, if you know it (and it's correct) then Chelsea will certainly know it too, so there's absolutely no point in the brinkmanship from LCFC.

Please share it with us - there's only the two of us here😂

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They do but they also want to make sure they get him rather than one of their competitors…. we may have to make an agreement with them for the future for them to go away now (not that they will) 

Imagine getting a giant pay rise whilst being off sick and not working for months, being told a bigger company can come in for you next year so long as you give us a year more of your time, but if not, you have financially security for another 5 years, and then telling them to get stuffed once you return to work lol 

Football is weird.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Imagine getting a giant pay rise whilst being off sick and not working for months, being told a bigger company can come in for you next year so long as you give us a year more of your time, but if not, you have financially security for another 5 years, and then telling them to get stuffed once you return to work lol 

Football is weird.

It’s weird in the fact that the bigger company wouldn’t have to pay any fee to get you to come and work for them at any time.

32 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Ric now you have me properly confused.

For several weeks we've agreed on here that we have money to buy but not for wages because of the new eufa rules. Now you intimate something entirely different.

Also, unless your real name is Susan, if you know it (and it's correct) then Chelsea will certainly know it too, so there's absolutely no point in the brinkmanship from LCFC.

Please share it with us - there's only the two of us here😂

I suspect what I've been told isn't strictly true, or even if it were that we need to recoup that amount going forward the urgency is isn't this summer. Our actions don't stack up either, we are making some strange decisions and adding further strain to our wage structure with the likes of Hirst, Hamza, moving the goalposts on Praet and Soumare etc.

If we sell Fofana and still claim we cannot make additions then I'll start to question the severity of our problems. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I know, but we're fooked without him and he's contracted for another 5 years. Compromise might be their only chance.

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't buy into this.

Without a food chain, we wouldn't have been able to help ourselves to lil Wes fro St Etienne, Madders at Norwich or even Evans from West Brom. All those clubs had to stand by passively and watch us help oursleves to their best player when it suited us.

There was no sympathy from our fanbase to theirs when doing that. 

I agree with you 100% from a factual point of view. But emotionally, football fans tend to see things form their own point of view and whilst I understand our place on the food chain and can completely see my own hypocrisy it doesn’t stop it being annoying. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect what I've been told isn't strictly true, or even if it were that we need to recoup that amount going forward the urgency is isn't this summer. Our actions don't stack up either, we are making some strange decisions and adding further strain to our wage structure with the likes of Hirst, Hamza, moving the goalposts on Praet and Soumare etc.

If we sell Fofana and still claim we cannot make additions then I'll start to question the severity of our problems. 

Tanner said even if we sell Fofana, squad size is the big problem and the owners' priority is shifting senior players who aren't doing anything before adding more. 

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Well apparently we don't need the money, we just need to move some of the others off the wage bill and make some squad space while we're at it, in order to bring a couple in. I've no idea if there is more to it than that. I just can't understand how it is that we seem to be the only club struggling with this. Ffp and all it involves just goes completely over my head to be honest.  I don't get how Chelsea can be took over and the owner just chuck all the money around as he is, without breaching Ffp, but like I say it all goes completely over my head.

It's about money, plain and simple. People can pretend it's just about numbers all they want. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Certainly agree there are some odd decisions going on but I (in my naivety) put it down to having to change plans because we haven't been able to shift the fringe players.  Even so they don't all stack up.

I'd like to believe that we could do a Chelsea when they got their transfer ban and they have had loads of money to spend they following year.  We could be in the same position when we lose the end of contract players next year and have 2 year's worth of dosh to spend.

Of course that relies on staying in the prem and who is trusted to spend it.  Can we not open that wound again please.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yawn. Grow up Wes ffs

Exactly.  The guy and his agent act like 5 year olds. 

Fofana will likely go and then as I and many on here have said, he'll do the same at Chelsea to go to Barca, PSG or RM in a year or so. He did to join us tbf.  Being a great footballer and an immature twat are not mutually exclusive 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

If he plays for us on Sat i would expect no one to boo him. but i admit our fans enjoy a boo for basically no reason at all. 

This would be about right, all the rumours were false, he's in the team on Saturday - he get's boo'ed by some of our "fans" and then he's like - "F this, why are they booing me - I'm offski's" - ever obliging Leicester City responsible for our own downfall!

• Like 3