Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No idea, we've made huge losses in recent years and although FFP for the PL remains different to UEFA, we are ultra cautious on falling foul of any breaches. 

Not convinced that's i san issue we have lost 130m in the last 3 seasons  (2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21) , you are allowed to lose £105m over a three-year period within league rules however The league have changed what needs to be included in the accounts because of COVID-19. Therefore, the league’s calculations for FFP won’t include the depreciation of fixed assets, Women’s Football Expenditure, Youth Development Expenditure, Community Development Expenditure and COVID-19 costs for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons.

I would imagine the COVID-19 costs for the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons would drag that 130m below the 105m mark for the rolling period of 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21. 

Now the PL rules haven't changed for a while on 105m target, not a cat in hells chance we would have spent 60m last summer if it was going to take is over the 105m for the rolling period 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not what I've been told, we need to find £90m very quickly....

My understanding of FFP is it would have been the end of July when we need to get any shortfall in by. Like when Everton sold Richarlison, it was because they needed to £50m to adhere to FFP. That deadline is passed and so we shouldn't need any money right now to adhere to FFP. Our FFP issue the percentage of income spent on wages.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This would be about right, all the rumours were false, he's in the team on Saturday - he get's boo'ed by some of our "fans" and then he's like - "F this, why are they booing me - I'm offski's" - ever obliging Leicester City responsible for our own downfall!

This has nothing to do with the fans. 

I don't condone booing him but it's not like cheering him on Saturday will make him declare his undying loyalty to us and openly declare he wants to stay. 

It looks like he wants to go and that's purely down to him. No one else. 

Personally, I don't want anyone who isn't committed to the club. If Chelsea are willing to pay £75m and throw in CHO and Chalobah on loan, I would be all for it. Then if we can get Tielemans out and replace him with say Garner... 

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

2 very average players and a low fee

nice

I thought Chalobah looked very good at times last season and is still young. Who could we get in for the same kind of money equivalent that would be better? Pulisic on loan until we decide who to get in on the RW would be a very good option. It's really hard to judge someone who isn't playing week in week out but he is better than average. 

51 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My understanding of FFP is it would have been the end of July when we need to get any shortfall in by. Like when Everton sold Richarlison, it was because they needed to £50m to adhere to FFP. That deadline is passed and so we shouldn't need any money right now to adhere to FFP. Our FFP issue the percentage of income spent on wages.

New Uefa FFP runs through a calendar year and begins from Jan ‘23.  Hence decisions made now are relevant to the first six months of next year. 

12 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I thought Chalobah looked very good at times last season and is still young. Who could we get in for the same kind of money equivalent that would be better? Pulisic on loan until we decide who to get in on the RW would be a very good option. It's really hard to judge someone who isn't playing week in week out but he is better than average. 

If he was that good they wouldn't need Fofana

My opinion. Fk him, I don't want anyone playing for my club that doesn't want to be here, and is simply using us a stepping stone. Even though I reckon JV  is past his best, his loyalty to Leicester is to be applauded. Fofana should take a look at Maguire, and realise that the grass isn't always greener (especially in the current drought) . Cheers Wes, thanks for a few laughs, and wasting last season in the physio room. Hope he signs for Chelsea and gets immediately loaned out to Cheltenham or Bochum - now there's an idea!

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Transfer request incoming allegedly.... 

Which is fine. Pay us the money, and he can go, for me

... but no one else leaves in this window (including Tielemans), apart from who we want to leave - Soumare for example

Edited by FoxinNotts

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If he was that good they wouldn't need Fofana

We aren't going to get anyone as good as Fofana either. Players like him are as rare as hen's teeth which is why they are willing to pay so much.  What we might be able to do is use the money and add 3/4 players so that as a team we are better than how we are at the moment with Fofana. Chalobah for the equivalent of around 15/20m is a steal. He's still only 23 and it's not like they haven't let top quality players leave in the past instead of signing someone else and letting them leave. Who else can we sign right now that's better?

We can't risk the time between getting a defender and Fofana leaving either. Soyunchu seems to have disappeared and left his identical non football playing twin to fill in for him, Verstergaard is Verstergaard and Amartey is Amartey. Evans would be the only decent in form CB we would have and we know he could go down with injury at anytime. 

Edited by desertfox2
Cs

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

We aren't going to get anyone as good as Fofana either. Players like him are as rare as hen's teeth which is why they are willing to pay so much.  What we might be able to do is use the money and add 3/4 players so that as a team we are better than how we are at the moment with Fofana. Chalobah for the equivalent of around 15/20m is a steal. He's still only 23 and it's not like they haven't let top quality players leave in the past instead of signing someone else and letting them leave. Who else can we sign right now that's better?

Did anyone think Fofana was 'that' good when we signed him? I'd rather go for younger lads on less money than Chalobah

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Did anyone think Fofana was 'that' good when we signed him? I'd rather go for younger lads on less money than Chalobah

Our recruitment since though can't fill you with that much confidence of us finding them. At least Chalobah would be ready to go right out the box. He's played every england level up to U21s.I don't think he will be on huge money as he's only 23 and broke through last year to their first team but with Chelsea you never know. Anyway it's probably a moot point as who's to say we are even interested.

• Like 1