Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just watching Premier League Years 1999/2000. Emile Heskey was linked with a move every year. Man U, Liverpool, Juventus all had enquiries. He was always destined for a move. He gave us 6 years and two trophies. Left when it was right for him. 

Infact, watching this I remember Elliott one summer being heavily linked with Liverpool. Izzet not only linked but turning down two offers to leave us after relegation. Lennon sticking with us despite Leeds interest and turning down the initial bid from Celtic. 

A bit of loyalty, respect for your employer just doesn’t seem to exist now. I’m all for Fofana taking steps to better himself. I’ve done that in my own career. However, to try to force our hand is unacceptable. 

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Now that it looks increasing like Fofana will be going, I'm going to start a list of negative points about him, to make me feel better about the whole situation:

- He gets caught under the ball, on occasion, during set pieces especially

- His running style makes me wince at times. It seems to encourage leg breaking tackles

- He's immature in attitude.

- he has small sticky out ears

feel free to add

Edited.  :D

• Haha 1

What's the highest Chelsea have offered so far?

I don't think they'll pay what we want. I hope we refuse to change our position.

He'll get a dream move next season if he performs well. We can't afford to lose Kasper and Fofana and not bring anyone decent in.

• Like 1

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

I don't think they'll pay what we want. I hope we refuse to change our position.

He'll get a dream move next season if he performs well. We can't afford to lose Kasper and Fofana and not bring anyone decent in.

£65m allegedly 

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

The Athletic reckons £62.5m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Unless our finances are worse off then we know i cant see us accepting that.

We haven’t. According to what you read (not necessarily gospel though is it) we have rejected two bids from them. Not likely to go back to them and say we have thought about it some more and have now decided to change our mind.

no doubt we have a price at which we will begin serious negotiation and unless anyone offers it, there is no deal to be done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Now that it looks increasing like Fofana will be going, I'm going to start a list of negative points about him, to make me feel better about the whole situation:

- His running style makes me wince at times. It seems to encourage leg breaking tackles

- he has sticky out ears

feel free to add

Suspect gait walk/run

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

- he has sticky out ears

feel free to add

He plays for Chelsea :ph34r:

• Haha 1

- he has sticky out ears

feel free to add

teeth are a little bit sticky outy..

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did anyone think Fofana was 'that' good when we signed him? I'd rather go for younger lads on less money than Chalobah

Chelsea fans would drive Chalobah to Seagrave for free. 

4 hours ago, John rayner said:

Why would you want to boo him ,that's childish ,,IMO he will go, but whilst he is still a Leicester player we need him to perform to his best .

I don't want to boo him at all - I think booing your own players is idiocy. But, based on prior experience at KP, I'd be really surprised if it didn't happen. Especially after all the stories this week. 

That said, the reverse doesn't seem to do much good either: One of the saddest sights I've seen in recent years was Chelsea away fans effectively begging Eden Hazard to stay when they played us in the last game of the season in 2019. 3000 blokes mooning around like dumped boyfriends. 

Given the developments over the past couple of days and the lack of a further bid from Chelsea, it may well be that we're in for a rough week or so with Little Wes Twat. 

Can see a situation where he causes absolute havoc in the media and on social media, with Chelsea making a late bid for a bit less than our asking price which will give us quite a dilemma and very little time to replace him. 

1 minute ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I don't want to boo him at all - I think booing your own players is idiocy. But, based on prior experience at KP, I'd be really surprised if it didn't happen. Especially after all the stories this week. 

That said, the reverse doesn't seem to do much good either: One of the saddest sights I've seen in recent years was Chelsea away fans effectively begging Eden Hazard to stay when they played us in the last game of the season in 2019. 3000 blokes mooning around like dumped boyfriends. 

We did the same when cambiasso left throughout the whole last match there were chants of "cambiasso we want you to stay" 

• Sad 1

I'm gutted about this - loved Wes when he came, and you cant seriously question his ability or potential, especially vs what is waiting in the wings !!

As annoyed as I am at his antics now it will always happen to little old Leicester wont it.

We cant only sign players that dont dream of playing for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Chelsea - so have to face the reality of them looking to leave when that opportunity comes up. The next "Wes" or "Riyad" isnt going to sit and say - I just dream of signing for Leicester City, West Ham, or A N Other not that bad sometimes or not that good sometimes team.

The best we can do is what we've done with Wes's contract and ensure we get a big number to let him go - as much as it hurts. 

Edited by breaker7

52 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

- he has sticky out ears

feel free to add

The little heart in his haircut looks pretty shit 

• Haha 2