Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, SecretPro said:

If we got £80m for slabhead then I'd say £100m for Fofana is reasonable.

See that's where you're going wrong, taking that as a marker for anything. £100m would basically put him in the top 10 transfers of all time. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

Honestly people have lost their minds £100m / £140m lol

So what would you say is reasonable for a defender that many people believe will go on to be one of if not the best defender in the world?

Should we just drop our knickers and accept anything for a player that only signed a new contract 3 months ago?

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

See that's where you're going wrong, taking that as a marker for anything. £100m would basically put him in the top 10 transfers of all time. :rolleyes:

In a few years time I reckon Fofana will be talked about as one of the greatest CB's of a generation, so if we don;t get value for him now we will regret it.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Market is very different now though

Not our problem! We need the dosh, if clubs can't pay it ****'em.

Market will recover in a couple of years time post Covid, possibly less, so hold onto him for another year at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

In a few years time I reckon Fofana will be talked about as one of the greatest CB's of a generation, so if we don;t get value for him now we will regret it.

Not our problem! We need the dosh, if clubs can't pay it ****'em.

Market will recover in a couple of years time post Covid, possibly less, so hold onto him for another year at least.

It clearly is our problem! If the market cannot tolerate prices we set, then there is no market for those prices   :dunno:

Just now, Babylon said:

See that is where you are wrong.  Record transfers are forever going up and up.  He would be up there at the moment, but say 10 years from now would he be?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It clearly is our problem! If the market cannot tolerate prices we set, then there is no market for those prices   :dunno:

Suits us then, we get to keep him, as we should because A. we clearly need him (see last season) an Colwill or anybody else is absolutely nowhere near his level and B. He's on a long contract, he will have a tough time trying to run it down lol

I refuse to believe this could happen this window and only hope we'd consider it if we get a huge fee. We all know Fofana has history of doing his best to force something if he wants it but I'd really disappointed if he didn't give us another season. 

Careers are short, I get that, and who knows whether Fofana would get another opportunity to move to one of the biggest clubs. You'd reckon he would but you never know. But ****ing hate the lack of loyalty sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Suits us then, we get to keep him, as we should because A. we clearly need him (see last season) an Colwill or anybody else is absolutely nowhere near his level and B. He's on a long contract, he will have a tough time trying to run it down lol

Not disputing that!!  lol

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

By Dom Toner - Has the answer.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/analysis/chelsea-could-have-perfect-opportunity-to-swap-kepa-for-their-21-year-old-target-tcc-view/

Chelsea could have perfect opportunity to swap Kepa for their 21-year-old target - TCC View

Chelsea should start considering making an offer of Kepa Arrizabalaga plus cash in a deal for Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana.

Kepa, 27, has fallen into the role at Stamford Bridge as second-choice goalkeeper ever since teammate Edouard Mendy joined the club.

The Spanish shot-stopper has started to rebuild his reputation with some decent performances recently, keeping eight clean sheets in 15 Blues appearances last season. However, he can’t be content with being an understudy goalkeeper.

It’s been claimed earlier this summer that Kepa is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this window if a suitable offer comes in.

With time ticking on the transfer window and no concrete links to suggest he’s leaving anytime soon, Chelsea should seize what looks like a perfect opportunity to offload him.

Chelsea should offer Kepa for Fofana

A tactic worth trying in this window is offering Kepa to Premier League rivals Leicester, who may be in need of a new No.1 goalkeeper.

Chelsea are linked with a move for Foxes 21-year-old centre-back Wesley Fofana, who may reportedly end up costing somewhere between £70million-£85million. However, could the Blues drive down that asking price by including one of their players in the deal?

It’s unclear on if Leicester would be open to signing Kepa, but it appears like they’re in need of a new goalkeeper. Therefore, it must be worth Chelsea considering to get them closer to Fofana’s signature.

Kasper Schmeichel, who’s been Leicester’s outstanding first-choice goalkeeper for over a decade, is actually linked with a transfer exit in this window.

L’Equipe reports 35-year-old Schmeichel has agreed to join French club Nice, but that deal won’t be approved until Leicester find his replacement.

Chelsea must ask the question

For certain, Leicester’s centre-half Fofana is definitely worth chasing this summer.

The quick defender could be a brilliant answer to strengthen Thomas Tuchel’s backline, so should get involved in negotiations to try drive a bargain for him.

It makes sense for the club to chuck Kepa on the table to see if he interests Leicester.

Nobody will be surprised if Kepa’s £71.6million valuation from a few years ago has dramatically fallen, but you’d think including him in a deal would at least put a small dent in the Fofana asking price.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Top grade Bull excrement.  It seems all EPL teams now think LCFC is the dustbin for their of their unwanted players. Ship out our talent and sign more duffers and look forward to playing Derby every season. Bring it on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Then IMO not worth selling.

I agree because if he was sold and Evans is not guaranteed to not get injured we could be struggling. I suppose part of the fee would go to buy a new centre back but still don’t see the point of selling unless it was for £80 million or more. 

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mdh8.gif

Laughing is so infectious lol I'm struggling to stop. MrsG wants to know what I'm laughing at but I'm not convinced she'd understand.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£100m is not that unreasonable of a price tag, ben white went for £50m last year and Fofana is at least twice the player he is now and he also has a far higher ceiling of growth as a player than white.

I do get your point about it being in the top 10

transfers of all time but the market prices have gone up so much, and players of the ability and potential of Fofana will be sort after.

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Saying this again as I did already in this thread. 

It's not going to happen in this window and if it did happen(highly unlikely) it would have to be a world record fee. Its going to be a world record fee when he does move anyway so relax people. 

On another note, if he does force a move like he did to come here, don't cry about it as alot were bigging it up at the time. 

Exactly. People can say there's no way we'll get £100m or more and they are probably right and that's why it won't happen this summer. I know he has previous for pushing but we'll also have learnt we were on the end of that and still had to double our initial bid for him plus pay add ons and sell on clauses.

We will dig our heels in on this and set a monster fee and if they are stupid enough to pay it then brilliant. 

I love Fofana but I'd not be that arsed if we sold him and got more than double we paid for him as he was always going to be flipped fairly quickly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

We paid £30mil though. For a player that’s hit the ground running and being touted as being potentially one of the greatest defenders of the next era, £25mil profit is literally feck all. Should be looking around £70mil to make it worth it to us. 

You’re missing my point completely 

the 50/55m is the published fee wrt to the dosh we have to give to st ettienne 

the colwill deal would be structured in such a way that we pay chelsea £2m in total. 

and they will pay nearly all his salary this season 

the reality is that we are getting £75/80m for wes 

others have pointed out that this wouldn’t be allowed by the st ettienne sales contract.  I’m pretty sure that if done well, they could do little about it. 

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You will be when you have to put up with the chuckle bro's Dan and Cags for another year lol 

😂👍