Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It does amaze me how many people are happy to just say **** him off….. this would literally ruin us if he left. (Which he ain’t) 

Not for me, people are too busy blowing so much smoke up his arse that they lose sight of what we do best as a club, I sincerely hope we return to this model and away from “keep or die” mentality. He IS replaceable,  if  perhaps not instantly, and we survived before he came.  :scarf:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This sounds about right. The suggestion from one of Rob Tanner's articles is that even if we were to get the world record fee on Fofana, we'd still have to sell more to become active in the transfer market. It suggest we have dug ourselves into a blackhole - which for me is a surprise and a worry. What sort of execs do we have running the club. Unprecedented success combine with some hefty sales and we still fine ourselves in such a predicament. Perhaps we need a few experienced football execs in the long run. 

....this is a move from what we have been discussing all this summer!!!

The one in one out was not a correct appraisal and we are financially not in a place we thought we were. Now, this could be speculation by another journalist and without the figures in front of you, it is not something to base the running of the club on.

Any report or analysis done on this subject had failed to bring any of this up before and you wonder why this has now come to the fore. It may be a way of preventing increased prices should we have to go late into the market, it all just seems too convenient for a £90m hole to now appear in our finances.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

He missed most of last season and we were mid table. Being realistic, we’ll be mid table again without him. 

We can’t defend for toffee with him or without him. 

We can attack, so let’s just get Kevin Keegan in and we’ll be okay! 

• Like 1

As long as we don't spend any of the money before BR is moved on I'm not particularly fussed when we sell him. The real stuff starts next season, this season is all about muddling through, aim for a good cup run. Then as soon as the final whistle goes on the last game of the season, we get to work and put together the squad cycle.

• Like 3

I would expect there is some communication between the Clubs and Chelsea is crystal clear on our requirements (cash / cash and players) to deal before the window closes.

Classy clubs don’t negotiate through the media.

If BR and Rudders have anything about them they will have explained the position to Wes. Namely we don’t want to sell this window but, if Chelsea meet our expectations we will reluctantly deal but we won’t keep negotiating up to the deadline. Be patient keep your head down and things will take care of themselves and you will move this year or next.

if Wes is being unprofessional in training, and there is no evidence, he has then we should bench him and bring back Cags. 

I suspect, right / wrong, if he plays against Southampton he will get pelters. 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this is a move from what we have been discussing all this summer!!!

The one in one out was not a correct appraisal and we are financially not in a place we thought we were. Now, this could be speculation by another journalist and without the figures in front of you, it is not something to base the running of the club on.

Any report or analysis done on this subject has brought any of this up before and you wonder why this has now come to the fore. It may be a way of preventing increased prices should we have to go late into the market, it all just seems too convenient for a £90m hole to now appear in our finances.

We have a solid record of overpaying when in a hole., perfectly illustrated by Rodgers himself. Any club will see us coming with money and screw us. To think any other way is naivety or wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

We have a solid record of overpaying when in a hole., perfectly illustrated by Rodgers himself. Any club will see us coming with money and screw us. To think any other way is naivety or wishful thinking.

This is why you seal the deal now before the sale.

Added complication of us playing them before the window close too. Wonder if there would be a gentleman's agreement about his starting or not.

Chelsea being so dumb this summer. He'd be a great signing for them but they've chucked a ton at Cucurella too and looked generally like they just want to spend some money, any money at all, to appease the fans. I hope if we're going down the strict adherence to FFP rules then those who do break it get heavily punished. I think the time for balance shift in the game was when the greedy six came back with their tails between their legs after the super league. Unfortunately too many of the other 14 are happy to feed of scraps rather than upset the apple cart and now we just wait for it to happen again. In the meantime they will disregard FFP and chuck money around like it is nobody's business. (Though Man City seemed to adopt a more sensible approach this summer).

We don't know how much agitating for a move he has done behind the scenes, but his social media antics haven't helped. He is very well aware of what he is doing and of course has a record of this. I'm actually a little surprised he is so keen to be so outwardly wanting this. Feels like he makes Chelsea's salary negotiation easier because he's so openly wanting it and he has a ton of time on his side to angle for the big team move. I'd have thought he'd have confidence in that option becoming available to him over the next year or two but it seems to be the way of the modern footballer.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not for me, people are too busy blowing so much smoke up his arse that they lose sight of what we do best as a club, I sincerely hope we return to this model and away from “keep or die” mentality. He IS replaceable,  if  perhaps not instantly, and we survived before he came.  :scarf:

He is replaceable. But not at this moment, and not for a reasonable price. I genuinely fear if he goes, then we will be in a relegation battle, we need a new CB as it is without selling Fofana.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is replaceable. But not at this moment, and not for a reasonable price. I genuinely fear if he goes, then we will be in a relegation battle, we need a new CB as it is without selling Fofana.

No doubt, we likely need at least 2 now and another to prep for when Evans packs it in, this assumes Jannick or Amartey bugger off. 

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

...what I am alluding to is, that this could be a ploy to mitigate being priced out offers as other teams would believe we have money burning in our pockets!!!

If the narrative is that we need to balance the books to stay within FFP, then we are not going to be perceived as a walking ATM.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what I am alluding to is, that this could be a ploy to mitigate being priced out offers as other teams would believe we have money burning in our pockets!!!

If the narrative is that we need to balance the books to stay within FFP, then we are not going to be perceived as a walking ATM.

Somehow I don't think we would get away with that.If we can find a 33 or 4 year old to tie us over for 12 months , Soyuncu and Amartey will be out of contract , Evans will be near the end , probably through injury. We will be short of two or three CBs and that is where the investment should go.

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Added complication of us playing them before the window close too. Wonder if there would be a gentleman's agreement about his starting or not.

Chelsea being so dumb this summer. He'd be a great signing for them but they've chucked a ton at Cucurella too and looked generally like they just want to spend some money, any money at all, to appease the fans. I hope if we're going down the strict adherence to FFP rules then those who do break it get heavily punished. I think the time for balance shift in the game was when the greedy six came back with their tails between their legs after the super league. Unfortunately too many of the other 14 are happy to feed of scraps rather than upset the apple cart and now we just wait for it to happen again. In the meantime they will disregard FFP and chuck money around like it is nobody's business. (Though Man City seemed to adopt a more sensible approach this summer).

We don't know how much agitating for a move he has done behind the scenes, but his social media antics haven't helped. He is very well aware of what he is doing and of course has a record of this. I'm actually a little surprised he is so keen to be so outwardly wanting this. Feels like he makes Chelsea's salary negotiation easier because he's so openly wanting it and he has a ton of time on his side to angle for the big team move. I'd have thought he'd have confidence in that option becoming available to him over the next year or two but it seems to be the way of the modern footballer.

...Puel stuck to his guns and got what he wanted, irrespective of him agitating for a move!!!

The only thing his media posts will do is encourage the Chelsea supporters to put more pressure on their club to get the deal over the line.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

As long as we don't spend any of the money before BR is moved on I'm not particularly fussed when we sell him. The real stuff starts next season, this season is all about muddling through, aim for a good cup run. Then as soon as the final whistle goes on the last game of the season, we get to work and put together the squad cycle.

And Raleigh Forth

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Yes 

this was tweeetd on Saturday evening 

I expect he’s crying at having to play with Danny ward and Dan amartey rather than Eduard mendy and Thiago silva …..

It’s unimaginable to be in his position, we view this from being Leicester fans, thinking he owes the club and fans loyalty, etc

but he is doubling his wages, playing CL football at a bigger club, in London…..I think the tantrums are unnecessary and disrespectful and I think if the club says no you’d like him to realise the only person at fault is his for signing that contract, but he’s 21 and probably very immature with various people in his ear about forcing the move.

it’s a tough one. I just pray Chelsea pay the big big money we want and we have a replacement lined up

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wouldn’t give up on this season yet. Man United are going through turmoil, which could open up the race for 6th/7th. 

True, if we perform well then that'll be nice. I'm not particularly expecting us to do badly. The squad is more than good enough to have a good cup run if we can avoid Man City, Chelsea and Spurs. Liverpool tend to play a reserve team so they're hard to fear and Arteta likes to blood kids in the cups.

It's just that my concentration is fully on the biggest summer this club has probably ever had. How we perform in the transfer market next summer will play a huge role in what we are able to achieve over the next 5 or so years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It’s unimaginable to be in his position, we view this from being Leicester fans, thinking he owes the club and fans loyalty, etc

but he is doubling his wages, playing CL football at a bigger club, in London…..I think the tantrums are unnecessary and disrespectful and I think if the club says no you’d like him to realise the only person at fault is his for signing that contract, but he’s 21 and probably very immature with various people in his ear about forcing the move.

it’s a tough one. I just pray Chelsea pay the big big money we want and we have a replacement lined up

...serious question, how different would the situation be if he had not signed a new contract, with a couple of seasons to go!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...serious question, how different would the situation be if he had not signed a new contract, with a couple of seasons to go!!!

There’s added pressure for the club to sell. I see the Chelsea fans egging him to put in an official transfer request, but what good does that do him when he’s on a 5 year contract? He can’t sulk for 5 years.

Listen everyone, Jeeeeez. Calm it down a bit.

Wesley Fofana doesn't do his own twitter account, that's what I'm choosing to believe for now. 

And what if he reads all this about his hair being daft, and the comments about his ears, I was very sensitive about my horrible ears as a youth. Satellite ears, linekar pr1ck, pizza face, baby dick, etc etc.

Words can hurt guys🙌🙌🙌

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Listen everyone, Jeeeeez. Calm it down a bit.

Wesley Fofana doesn't do his own twitter account, that's what I'm choosing to believe for now. 

And what if he reads all this about his hair being daft, and the comments about his ears, I was very sensitive about my horrible ears as a youth. Satellite ears, linekar pr1ck, pizza face, baby dick, etc etc.

Words can hurt guys🙌🙌🙌

So your working theory is that a 21 year old lad doesn't handle his own social media but he DOES scroll through FT?! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3