Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

47 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

There’s added pressure for the club to sell. I see the Chelsea fans egging him to put in an official transfer request, but what good does that do him when he’s on a 5 year contract? He can’t sulk for 5 years.

...If he doesn't go in this window, he will be gone at the end of the season!!!

His 5-year contract benefits us in this situation, we can ask for more and it makes our position stronger. The fact that Chelsea needs him now, at the start of the season, will be our best chance of realizing the fee we felt he could command down the line, let him go, now!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Like 1

I firmly believe we should put a time limit on Chelsea's bid. Tell them if they don't match our asking price by 12pm on Tuesday 23rd, then there will be no deal.

We need some time to find a replacement.

How the hell did we get ourselves in the mess regarding transfers, in the first place? Someone must be to blame.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So your working theory is that a 21 year old lad doesn't handle his own social media but he DOES scroll through FT?! 

Be good if he did though wouldn't it 🤣

and cited us a reason for leaving. 

Look if he is doesn't do his own twitter (it's believable that his mum banned him, parental locked it, after St-Etienne shenanigans that's where she lives right?) where else would he be other than on Foxestalk? 

18 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I firmly believe we should put a time limit on Chelsea's bid. Tell them if they don't match our asking price by 12pm on Tuesday 23rd, then there will be no deal.

How the hell did we get ourselves in the mess regarding transfers, in the first place? Someone must be to blame.

Deffo should do this, wonder why it isn't a thing at other clubs, can't remember an example but sure it will have happened.

21 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Asking price? 

Not read thread today .....have we named a figure?!

Much lower’: Chelsea still trying to do deal for ‘amazing’ player for £20m less than club’s asking price 

Hot news from the Chelsea Chronicle…. 

I assume total BS from some 10 year old.

What is the asking price anyone? Have I missed something today?

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Much lower’: Chelsea still trying to do deal for ‘amazing’ player for £20m less than club’s asking price 

I've just offered £20m less than the asking price on a Chelsea pied a terre. Greedy entitled bastards turned me down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah it will leave a bit of a bad taste for me if he does go. Thought he owed us another season to be honest. Especially as he was injured most of last season and only recently signed a new deal 

Yes. It's possible he could leave us after playing for three part-seasons. He doesn't come out of this smelling of roses.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

My understanding of FFP is it would have been the end of July when we need to get any shortfall in by. Like when Everton sold Richarlison, it was because they needed to £50m to adhere to FFP. That deadline is passed and so we shouldn't need any money right now to adhere to FFP. Our FFP issue the percentage of income spent on wages.

The way I understand it, it’s wages, transfers and agent fees. So presumably any profits from transfers offset such costs. Also, the way players transfer fees are accounted is that they are amortised over the period of the contract. So for example, part of the original transfer fee for Fofana will already have been “written off”. Once sold, anything above the remaining value of the player is effectively profit in this year, so would immediately ease any issues with FFP.

I stand ready to be corrected by an actual accountant who knows how this stuff works.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

If we ‘can’ keep hold of Fofana I think he will get his head down and focus on being the best player he can be for Leicester until Jan 

I’m afraid from his really bad body language in the past two games I can’t see it.

Looks like a petulant little boy who thinks he’s too good for his teammates even when he was one of the worst players against Arsenal.

His attitude has stank the past two games. Poor little frustrated boy.

Lets hope he proves me wrong and don’t do a Mahrez.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’m afraid from his really bad body language in the past two games I can’t see it.

Looks like a petulant little boy who thinks he’s too good for his teammates even when he was one of the worst players against Arsenal.

Like to see him do it for 5 years and I would tell him we’d hold him to it ALL if he causes a stink. No one forced him to sign. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

The Chelsea Chronicle lol 

20m a year for every year left on his contract that equates to 100 million dollars. (pounds in this case)

Guest StevieLynex
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

No doubt, we likely need at least 2 now and another to prep for when Evans packs it in, this assumes Jannick or Amartey bugger off. 

A few years ago, we thought that Soyuncu and Benkovic were the solution for years to come

Just now, StevieLynex said:

A few years ago, we thought that Soyuncu and Benkovic were the solution for years to come

Indeed, ever is the nature of such clubs at this level, apart from in this case Benko is made of glass and Cags seems to have vanished

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

There’s a bit of twisting going on there.

surely you have to know someone exceedingly well to be able to judge their body language? Some look petulant when happy, some bounce around like bunnies when down in the dumps.

Thought he played very well first half against Brentford, he was clearly upset with himself for not having scored against Arsenal but still charged back to defend against their counterattack.

Perhaps he stormed off down the tunnel because he was upset we’d given the game away not because he wanted to leave.

Hilarious but sad that he’s gone from everyone’s favourite player to now being slated.

Hes’ not the only one that needs to mature.

• Like 3