Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Anyone else unconvinced he's leaving? Don't think Chelsea will pay up

He will go, late in the window and for 85m plus.

If any Chelsea cb pick up an injury they will speed up.

85m for a 21 year old if he does well is potential a bargain. Could easily get 10-15 years out of him. Or 5 and sell him to a bigger club.

we took this risk at 35m out of a lesser league, we and proven the concept. Easy being a rich 6 team!
They paid 65 for potential a back up LB so money no issue

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 1

In this case (i.e. Chelsea) I would agree but because a club has spent 65m on a player already doesn't mean that money isn't an issue now. Could be quite the opposite in fact! Even Chelsea will have a limit and the well does run dry at some point (to use a sadly era appropriate metaphor)

They may have only budgeted 70m (say) on another CB are are now rummaging around the couch for some extra pennies.

Edited by taupe

Anything above £70m should be a sale, IMO. He's very good, but he hasn't played for us much really (has he done a full season?), he has broken his leg, and he's not English, so doesn't command a premium. We might want to improve on the Maguire deal, because he's undeniably a better player, but there are also reputational issues that come with pricing players out of the market, including amongst potential signings. You have to balance playing hardball and maximising the value of your assets against other factors. In this case, he is our in-demand player, so while we may not want to sell him, we have to recognise that we just aren't able to move on the fringe players we want to drop, or the players coming to the end of their contracts we thought would go - so selling Wes becomes the key that unlocks our ability to rebuild. 

If you had said to me at the start of the summer that we would be looking at selling Wes, i would have been totally appalled. Now I don't see how we can move forward without doing it, even though I think it will make this first half of the prem season a defensive horror show. 

Arsenal look like they don't really want Tielemans; Vestergaard, Soumare, etc, seem happy to stay on their current deals, aren't appealling propects for serious buyers, and have been pushing back against any move deals; Newcastle's offer for Madders was derisory and nothing else seems to have come in (which I find amazing). If Vardy were to go, the club would lose a key part of its identity, he'd end up scoring loads of goals for someone else, and, as with Kasper, we wouldn't even make that much money (which is why its the worst of all possible outcomes); So Wes is the only game in town at the moment. 

Some are saying ,if Fofana goes we will have to accept a poor season until we can reinforce the defense. However on here the majority will not accept one defeat let alone say three in a row.. They will be ripping into anybody they can find to take the blame. The reasonable posters who look beyond immediate results are in the minority.

Think its ridiculous how modern day footballers can try to force a move without handing in a transfer request as that would mean, heaven forbid, they and their agents lose out financially.

Not just Fofana but players in general, including some who have come to us in the past.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Some are saying ,if Fofana goes we will have to accept a poor season until we can reinforce the defense. However on here the majority will not accept one defeat let alone say three in a row.. They will be ripping into anybody they can find to take the blame. The reasonable posters who look beyond immediate results are in the minority.

We’re in for a poor season regardless. 

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

He like Cucurellas insta post the other day, he's just being a typical modern day footballer. If Stevenage Borough got taken over tomorrow by Elon Must or whatever his name is and started paying everyone 300k a week he'd play for them every Sunday. I get that he would play European football most seasons and get paid more but it stinks after breaking his leg, signing a new 5 year contract saying how the club is a family,to then try and engineer a move at the first opportunity.

Yer typical modern day footballer no loyalty i say make him rot i no its us who pay for that aswell but be worth it to send a message out to anyone else that might think the same 

So that Fabrizio Romano on twitter says that Chelsea and Fofana have agreed terms so if the clubs agree if a fee the deal can go straight through.

He's probably one of the most reliable sources on what's going on in football but isn't this 'tapping up'? I remember when if a club tried to speak to another clubs player about a move it used to be seriously frowned upon and made the newspapers - since when did it become it perfectly normal/acceptable to discuss a potential contract and agree terms when he's our player and has a long contract in place with us?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

So that Fabrizio Romano on twitter says that Chelsea and Fofana have agreed terms so if the clubs agree if a fee the deal can go straight through.

He's probably one of the most reliable sources on what's going on in football but isn't this 'tapping up'? I remember when if a club tried to speak to another clubs player about a move it used to be seriously frowned upon and made the newspapers - since when did it become it perfectly normal/acceptable to discuss a potential contract and agree terms when he's our player and has a long contract in place with us?

He’s really not that reliable. 

• Like 1

At least 'Fofana' replaces 'Maguire' perfectly in the song. In fact it probably goes even better.....lovely stuff

And we still have Soyuncu so it works. Just need to re-word the bit about him having a massive cock as it's the weirdest shit for a football fan to sing EVER.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why has he suddenly started following a load of Chelsea defenders on Instagram? Why has he taken LCFC out of his social media bios? Why has he tried storming off down the tunnel 2 games in a row? Theres optimism and then theres optimism mate. Romano knows his stuff no matter how much a few people on here try making out hes clueless. 

So you believe hes leaving cause of his changes on his instagram account? and cause he probably needed to go for a poop at the end of a game and many other reasons why he stormed down the tunnel, and Romano has been reporting utter shit more often than not these days. Maybe just wait to hear from the player and an official statement from a club, before making a conclusion about him cause some of these comments are just really sad and theyl feel real dumb when none of it is true.

Edited by Simoken

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He’s really not that reliable. 

I follow a lot of football people and football accounts on Twitter who claim to be ITK and the vast majority are absolute nonsense.

Out of all of them though I would say he is the one that gets it right most often. Not 100% reliable for sure but definitely more often than not.