Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

So that Fabrizio Romano on twitter says that Chelsea and Fofana have agreed terms so if the clubs agree if a fee the deal can go straight through.

He's probably one of the most reliable sources on what's going on in football but isn't this 'tapping up'? I remember when if a club tried to speak to another clubs player about a move it used to be seriously frowned upon and made the newspapers - since when did it become it perfectly normal/acceptable to discuss a potential contract and agree terms when he's our player and has a long contract in place with us?

I blocked Romano ages ago along with a load of other crap Twitter guessers who post what they like then they get loads of retweets, won’t believe anything until our official Twitter post it… 

59 minutes ago, Simoken said:

So you believe hes leaving cause of his changes on his instagram account? and cause he probably needed to go for a poop at the end of a game and many other reasons why he stormed down the tunnel, and Romano has been reporting utter shit more often than not these days. Maybe just wait to hear from the player and an official statement from a club, before making a conclusion about him cause some of these comments are just really sad and theyl feel real dumb when none of it is true.

I dont believe hes leaving this year no because thats down to LCFC, not Wes. I would put my house on the fact that he is pushing for the move though from all the evidence weve seen. Hope its not true but there are far too many coincidences around this, plus with the fact he forced the move to come here in the first place..

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

So that Fabrizio Romano on twitter says that Chelsea and Fofana have agreed terms so if the clubs agree if a fee the deal can go straight through.

He's probably one of the most reliable sources on what's going on in football but isn't this 'tapping up'? I remember when if a club tried to speak to another clubs player about a move it used to be seriously frowned upon and made the newspapers - since when did it become it perfectly normal/acceptable to discuss a potential contract and agree terms when he's our player and has a long contract in place with us?

Every club does it, we did it to get him from st Etienne 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Pretty sure he is quoting Del Boy so it's actually funnier that it has gone over everybody's head lol

It hasn't gone over peoples heads because he uses the phrase "mange tout, mange tout Rodders", Del boy thinks he can speak French and uses any old term he's picked up like Bonnet de douche(shower cap) & pot pourri etc.

Edited by Le Renard

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is about 50% of transfers either underachieve or flop completely. If you think you can solve all your problems in the transfer market, think again.

This has well and truly hit the nail on the head. Every fan thinks a new signing is an improvement but as we well know it can be worse than what we have. 

34 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

This has well and truly hit the nail on the head. Every fan thinks a new signing is an improvement but as we well know it can be worse than what we have. 

In a thread full of people oversharing their performative bedshitting nonsense about Fofana going and how shit they think our transfer dealings are, you think this is remotely true? 

Underwhelming and failed transfers are an obvious given, and no-one has said otherwise. Guess what - they apply to Chelsea too.

I suppose Chelsea are concerned that if little old Leicester make them pay what Leicester WANT,  other Clubs will have Boehly´s budgie smugglers down around his ankles for future Transfers.  When you think ManC baulked at 40m for Cuckoo-arella and Chelsea spunked over 60m, one could argue he has been done from behind already this window??

29 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

In a thread full of people oversharing their performative bedshitting nonsense about Fofana going and how shit they think our transfer dealings are, you think this is remotely true? 

Underwhelming and failed transfers are an obvious given, and no-one has said otherwise. Guess what - they apply to Chelsea too.

Let's have a refresh and replace our flops with somebody else's flops. They would all wet their pants on here if we signed somebody - anybody!

6 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I’ve seen a difference in him this season for sure. I’ve lost count the amount of times he threw his arms around the pitch after only two games into the season. I noticed it against Brentford and he was constantly doing it against Arsenal.

I get being frustrated when a result doesn’t go the way you want it to but for me Fofana isn’t doing this, he’s throwing mini tantrums constantly and it’s probably because he thinks he should be able to sign for Chelsea and we’re not good enough for him.

Lets hope someone’s had a word so he learns from this and we see more solid performances from him.

Are these 'mini tantrums' at others or at his own performance? I saw him do it at Arsenal after he failed to score.

If they're at others is that a bad thing and a sign he's off? Schmeichel constantly shouted at and blamed other players, apparently that was agood thing.

7 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Transfer window must close the night before the first official PL game of the season. Or they should decide to start the season in September and play until early June. You can't have players with contracts linked to other teams even when they're on the pitch playing. It's a farce. 

It was like this for one season recently but it only lasted a year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genesis1 said:

I'm assuming this is some sort of humour that only 4 people understand, care to catch me up?

Your message read like it was written by Mario, think you typed in a stray “a”. Very immature.

23 minutes ago, lanefox said:

It was like this for one season recently but it only lasted a year

Because the European clubs wouldn’t move their window and it left our clubs in a situation where players had to be sold if clauses existed in their contracts and there was no option to replace them 

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Let's have a refresh and replace our flops with somebody else's flops. They would all wet their pants on here if we signed somebody - anybody!

Fofana is a flop now? And despite pantwetting being rife on FT, have just checked the Alex Smithies thread and can see none.

You make an asinine point about transfers not always working out (d'ya think?), accusing unnamed others (unnamed because they don't exist) of assuming a 100% hit rate. You then bizarrely strawman a failure rate of 100%, in a thread where the topic is a player we might be selling for twice what we bought him for. It's strawmanned, solution-free kvetching. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

but why wouldn’t the club just pay the 30k and be done with him.  paying 30k for nothing is better than 80 🤷‍♂️

Fair point, I would prefer to take the hit now as well, but 30k for how many years? This looks like something we are struggling to face up to, sadly.

5 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Fofana is a flop now? And despite pantwetting being rife on FT, have just checked the Alex Smithies thread and can see none.

You make an asinine point about transfers not always working out (d'ya think?), accusing unnamed others (unnamed because they don't exist) of assuming a 100% hit rate. You then bizarrely strawman a failure rate of 100%, in a thread where the topic is a player we might be selling for twice what we bought him for. It's strawmanned, solution-free kvetching. 

I wasn't talking about Fofana , he was expensive and if you pay big money the success rate is higher though by no means guaranteed as Chelsea and Man Utd keep illustrating. I have said ,I think , that Fofana is a £60 million pound player , no more. That represents a significant mark up after two years. In the market at the moment , you win one ,you lose a lot more. Our overriding problem is age. When Vardy and Evans are gone we will be very, very unlikely to replace them. Fofana and Daka were our supposed replacements but that idea seems to be fading. Now it seems a proven striker and centre back are going to be unaffordable. We have not brought through anybody in those positions from our academy for as long as I can remember. Let us hope we get lucky somehow.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I wasn't talking about Fofana , he was expensive and if you pay big money the success rate is higher though by no means guaranteed as Chelsea and Man Utd keep illustrating. I have said ,I think , that Fofana is a £60 million pound player , no more. That represents a significant mark up after two years. In the market at the moment , you win one ,you lose a lot more. Our overriding problem is age. When Vardy and Evans are gone we will be very, very unlikely to replace them. Fofana and Daka were our supposed replacements but that idea seems to be fading. Now it seems a proven striker and centre back are going to be unaffordable. We have not brought through anybody in those positions from our academy for as long as I can remember. Let us hope we get lucky somehow.

If anyone believes that Fofana was a long-term solution, and not a short-term profit plan, then I really despair. We obviously believed when signing him, maybe we'd get a couple of years out of him. Sadly the first year he was scuppered, no fault of the club or his own.

So the big boys are falling short of CBs, and we covered our asses by giving him a new contract, which he willingly signed only three months ago. I've no doubt that in that contractual agreement, we specified that should a big boy coming knocking if they met our valuation he could go.

His agent will no doubt be trying their best to try get this over the line one way or another. Playing the socials and trying to make the club out to be reneging on our agreement isn't cricket, but that's the game.

For all those who think he's not trying, must have been watching a different game last. I thought he was trying too hard in fact. He at times was trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and t one stage made a run into the box and got a shot off. Needless to say we almost got caught on the counter, and he was absent at the back. But I don't think he was not trying.

At the end of the day, if Chelsea don't meet our valuation they might come back in January, and that might be even more expensive for them. We hold the cards. If Wes sulks for a bit, so be it, but hell need to pull up his socks if he was to get them to come back for him, if it doesn't happen before the deadline.

• Like 2