Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

It’s been clear for a while now that we are witnessing a stand off between the two parties on who bites the bullet first.

We don’t want to because it costs us £16m, he doesn’t want to as it costs him £16m. 

When we sell Fofana I can’t imagine Brendan gets to bring in who he wants, everyone knows he is gone at some point this season.

However it turns out, the longer it drags on the worse it gets for us. I’ll be honest, I’m at my lowest point appetite wise to watch us as I have been for as long as I can remember, maybe even ever.

I feel the exact same, k have no excitement for this season at all

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think you’re right. The pendulum has well and truly swung the wrong way.  

If that really is the case perhaps put him on gardening leave and bring someone else in, perhaps a caretaker. Can’t have him fcking about with team selection, etc, trying to get himself sacked. He’d surely look for a new job double quick and move on without much compensation.

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If that really is the case perhaps put him on gardening leave and bring someone else in, perhaps a caretaker. Can’t have him fcking about with team selection, etc, trying to get himself sacked. He’d surely look for a new job double quick and move on without much compensation.

I doubt the latter very much, would you? Who'd want him first of all and secondly, I doubt he'd get half of much as he gets here, in which case he'd be a mug not to cling on for compensation. If he picks and unchanged starting 11 against Southampton with Armarty on the extreme left of 3 centre backs then for me, the signs of subterfuge are becoming clearer.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can well imagine Vardy is disappointed, dangerous game by us for our talisman.

Don't think he's bothered in the slightest.

16 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Since when was football a ****in democracy. Do they get to vote on who plays up front as well?

No. But it's kind of a good idea to ask the players who they'd like to be led by. Get their concensus on it. Literally isn't a bad thing to do. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Rodgers is having what looks like a very public breakdown. 

His tone in todays presser sounded pissed off, but he was saying that communication was always good. 

Felt like he meant 'communication was good until they didn't tell me we didn't have any money til i came back from holiday'. 

When he mentioned that he'd convinced players to come but then had to let them down, he's basically saying 'you've made me look a twat' to Top and Susan on a very public forum. 

If that's the case, and he's outing it so publically then he is a dead man walking in the job. 

Decisions like Albrighton as vice captain when he won't play him smells of a dig at the board aswell. 

Playing Amartey LCB instead of Soyuncu who IS an LCB is also a dig. 

Someone with their head on would have played a 4 at the back. they would have made KDH vice captain to bring him on, or made vardy or maddison vice captain to ensure they lead the charge. 

i'll leave his treatment of Iheanacho for another rant. 

That's a lot of conjecture there... 

You presume KDH, Vardy and Maddison all want to be captain too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

I think they want Rodgers to swallow this year , finish mid table and then give someone else the money next year

The target has to be Europe whether that’s the conference league or Europa league, we have to go for it, why would the likes of Maddison stick around? Anyway I don’t see Brendan lasting the season he will be gone by the International break.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dames said:

Challenged Brendan on his comments about a rebuild and said that it was strange that the club allowed him to do so without informing him of the finances. Also pulled Brendan up on his comments about experience. 

What did Rodgers say in response?

34 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think they want Rodgers to swallow this year , finish mid table and then give someone else the money next year

Do people really believe LCFC is run in such a machiavellian way? 

I find it far fetched that Rudkin and Whelan plot these long term Chess traps for Rodgers to fall into and so avoid paying him compensation, or that Rodgers himself sabotages games in order to 'send the board a message' 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No. But it's kind of a good idea to ask the players who they'd like to be led by. Get their concensus on it. Literally isn't a bad thing to do. 

So the players voted for a player who will hardly play anyway? I'd love to know their thinking on that one was.

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So the players voted for a player who will hardly play anyway? I'd love to know their thinking on that one was.

That they know a captain isn’t particularly that important on the pitch compared to what people think it is?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, drew said:

If that’s the wage on offer then they’re pricing him out of his next move to PSG or Madrid, he’s probably too stupid to realise that.

Or he could take a wage cut to move. No club is duty bound to match wages, nor indeed offer the same/more for a contract extension. 

9 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Rodgers is having what looks like a very public breakdown. 

His tone in todays presser sounded pissed off, but he was saying that communication was always good. 

Felt like he meant 'communication was good until they didn't tell me we didn't have any money til i came back from holiday'. 

When he mentioned that he'd convinced players to come but then had to let them down, he's basically saying 'you've made me look a twat' to Top and Susan on a very public forum. 

If that's the case, and he's outing it so publically then he is a dead man walking in the job. 

Decisions like Albrighton as vice captain when he won't play him smells of a dig at the board aswell. 

Playing Amartey LCB instead of Soyuncu who IS an LCB is also a dig. 

Someone with their head on would have played a 4 at the back. they would have made KDH vice captain to bring him on, or made vardy or maddison vice captain to ensure they lead the charge. 

i'll leave his treatment of Iheanacho for another rant. 

Its called the mushroom treatment... keep him in the dark and cover him in shit

• Sad 1

Brendan is a dead man walking as I’ve said numerous times 😂. He IS at war with the club hierarchy despite his claims otherwise. His comments are becoming more barbed and obvious.  He won’t win and I guess his strategy is to get them to pay him off. He’s done the ground work telling everyone he has exceeded expectations- has been backed etc. I think the board want him to walk - unlikely even if they sell Fof. 

caveat being, if we rack up a decent win against Southampton his stock will rise slightly. 

As for Fof - you know, thread and all, Chelsea get close to our valuation and he’s gone. Simple.