Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think you’re right. The pendulum has well and truly swung the wrong way.  

Chelsea are trying to make us be grateful for their next offer.

Imo a meeting to get onto the same page would be better 

Edited by foxinsocks

22 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So the players voted for a player who will hardly play anyway? I'd love to know their thinking on that one was.

do you wake up on the wrong side of the bed everyday? 

Honestly, any reason to have a dig! 

• Haha 1

I haven't actually read/heard/seen the press conference. Did Rodgers actually say he had "convinced" players to join us and had to then "let them down"?

Edit: what I have found is...

I spent my summer trying to convince them to come.

Edited by taupe

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No. But it's kind of a good idea to ask the players who they'd like to be led by. Get their concensus on it. Literally isn't a bad thing to do. 

Let’s hope they’re soon asked if they want to be led by Brendan 

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Not with me.  Where's top's number when you need it?

No I know, I’m talking average punter and media. Brendan’s oxygen. 

I remember writing in to the club once in the late 80’s. Shipman rang me at home on a Sunday morning to discuss it. Had an absolute thundering hangover, but I let him have it in a fairly polite and intelligent manner. Very difficult.  Think those days might well be gone. 

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

As for Fof - you know, thread and all, Chelsea get close to our valuation and he’s gone. Simple. 

Yup, about the size of it. I wouldn't honestly expect anything different either, and I want to be wrong.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he goes now , it will be at the end of the window. There will be no time for a replacement and no , Chalobah won't come here. Given our CB situation , I can see Brunt in the squad.

As he is absent from any of the training photos and video for the Southampton game I think we can assume he’s going

3 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

As he is absent from any of the training photos and video for the Southampton game I think we can assume he’s going

I have a feeling that you’re right about him not featuring tomorrow and it wouldn’t surprise if the question about not selecting him if his head wasn’t right could well have been ‘planted’. 

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

I think they want Rodgers to swallow this year , finish mid table and then give someone else the money next year

Swaying towards this opinion also tbh, the fact that we are happy to have a season with Ward as number one hardly points to a real push towards a return to European football lol

Edited by EnderbyFox

This isn't that complicated.

We thought we could move players on and planned for recruitment.  The Kettle and madueke etc were probably lined up.

Then no one wants our players. FFP get tighter.

We're stuck.

Brendan is upset. Fans are upset. The board is silent.

The rebuild was on. Now it's not.

There's still time though for something to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Do people really believe LCFC is run in such a machiavellian way? 

I find it far fetched that Rudkin and Whelan plot these long term Chess traps for Rodgers to fall into and so avoid paying him compensation, or that Rodgers himself sabotages games in order to 'send the board a message' 

It's business , it really isn't machiavellian

12 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Swaying towards this opinion also tbh, the fact that we are happy to have a season with Ward as number one hardly points towards a real push towards a return to European football lol

It makes perfect sense,  why bring someone else into this seasons mess, why get a caretaker when we'd be paying Rodgers anyway 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Jesus Christ how many times does it have to be said that its not all about who's on the pitch!!! A captain does a lot off the pitch too! 

They respect him, he's loyal, influential and clearly has the authority to be appreciated by the players. 

There should be enough leaders on the pitch anyway without the label of captain. 

Some fans are so simple. 

Ok tell me why they have a captain on the pitch. If it's so simple?

50 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Swaying towards this opinion also tbh, the fact that we are happy to have a season with Ward as number one hardly points to a real push towards a return to European football lol

It would be an incredible gamble to take and I’m not convinced the people who run our club would take such a risk. 

Don’t think you actually can plan to finish mid table in reality. You have to try to win as many matches as you can and aim to finish as high as you can every year. Would be suicide to think you could hover in mid table without getting sucked down into a relegation scrap. 

2 hours ago, taupe said:

Yup, about the size of it. I wouldn't honestly expect anything different either, and I want to be wrong.

It really isn't that simple. Yes we will have a valuation in mind everybody does for every player.  If chealsea meet the valuation we would certainly talk to them.  However there are other factors involved E.g. 1. Have we got a replacement in mind,  

2. Can we get them in on time

3. How much will the replacement cost us

4. Will letting him go help us improve our squad or ruin our season?

If the club are not satisfied with the answers to all of these questions then we will not sell him this window. 

On top of this I'm fairly sure in his press conference yesterday Rodgers again said he's not for sale

On 18/08/2022 at 08:44, An Sionnach said:

Some are saying ,if Fofana goes we will have to accept a poor season until we can reinforce the defense. However on here the majority will not accept one defeat let alone say three in a row.. They will be ripping into anybody they can find to take the blame. The reasonable posters who look beyond immediate results are in the minority.

...so long as you can see the reason for a poor result, then you can understand what went wrong and seek to remedy it!!!

Only making 1 substitution when you have the opportunity to make 5, on a hot day when players were flagging, is a difficult result to take, and even harder to comprehend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so long as you can see the reason for a poor result, then you can understand what went wrong and seek to remedy it!!!

Only making 1 substitution when you have the opportunity to make 5, on a hot day when players were flagging, is a difficult result to take, and even harder to comprehend.

The usual reason for losing is being beaten by a better team , sometimes better on the day and sometimes because they are fundamentally better. There are teams who will beat us seven times out of ten.

• Like 1