Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Not even sure why people are still discussing this. I’ve told Chelsea what the fee is. £140 million. Unless you’re coming up with that don’t bother. Not happening.  I mean if the rumours keep circulating I’m going to demand Kante back and Colwill as well on top. 

Sorted. No need to thank me. It is written. 

2 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Times have changed a lot no way £100 million more like 70

We bought him for 36.5m and we may have to give 20% to Saint-Ettienne...so 70m doesn't live us much.

Wes is going to be the greatest of all time, Chelsea are desperate.... They just lost CB Kounde to Barcelona who they were after for weeks. Wesley got 10 great years ahead of him .....is well worth 140m, but I'd keep him for another year.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We bought him for 36.5m and we may have to give 20% to Saint-Ettienne...so 70m doesn't live us much.

Wes is going to be the greatest of all time, Chelsea are desperate.... They just lost CB Kounde to Barcelona who they were after for weeks. Wesley got 10 great years ahead of him .....is well worth 140m, but I'd keep him for another year.

Is it 20% of the fee or 20% of the profit ??

Just now, st albans fox said:

Is it 20% of the fee or 20% of the profit ??

These things are almost always 20% of the profit (otherwise selling for a loss is a double loss). Even then - if we sell him for 70ml it'll be a 26.8m net profit rather than the 33.5m it would be. Not my place to say if that 6.7m is enough to tip the scale against selling.

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, so savour this season and be grateful we’ve got him. 

I hope we get the chance to 

if we get another season out of him and he develops further (as he should - he still needs to get his decision making on interventions better ), we could hope to increase that valuation. Slight concern re the muscle injuries that he’s had in his career but he is going to be a Rolls Royce and has at least a decade at the very top ahead of him 

• Like 1

No disrespect intended to Chelsea but in my opinion he walks into most defences in world football now. I think he will do 1 more year and then he gets the likes of Real Madrid sniffing around, which for me, is a significantly better club.

I would be waiting it out and not jump for the first thing. That said, under contract until 2027 so cards are in our hands.

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I agree.  I am sure that every one of our players has a price.  The price we set is the price we want.  If Chelsea are willing to pay that price then great, if not then we keep a future world star for another season.  We did the same with Maguire.  

• Like 1

At the rate this pre season is going, I just can't wait for May when the season is over. 

Can't sign anyone because we've got too many sub standard players that we can get rid of and the only players that even remotely look like going are ones we want to keep. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

To add to this, Chelsea were after Kounde LAST summer too but the deal kept falling through.

They have a 37 year old Silva (still quality but one season left at best), Chalobah and new signing - Koulibaly who whilst looks impressive is 31 and never played in the Prem before….they will be going like crazy to get a quality CB so the £100m whilst way above a post COVID market, could genuinely happen IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No disrespect to Chelsea but they’re an utterly vile and corrupt football club and we should refuse to ever do any business with those reprehensible scumbags ever again. 

I will put you down as a maybe 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, davieG said:

By Dom Toner - Has the answer.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/analysis/chelsea-could-have-perfect-opportunity-to-swap-kepa-for-their-21-year-old-target-tcc-view/

Chelsea could have perfect opportunity to swap Kepa for their 21-year-old target - TCC View

Chelsea should start considering making an offer of Kepa Arrizabalaga plus cash in a deal for Leicester City defender Wesley Fofana.

Kepa, 27, has fallen into the role at Stamford Bridge as second-choice goalkeeper ever since teammate Edouard Mendy joined the club.

The Spanish shot-stopper has started to rebuild his reputation with some decent performances recently, keeping eight clean sheets in 15 Blues appearances last season. However, he can’t be content with being an understudy goalkeeper.

It’s been claimed earlier this summer that Kepa is expected to leave Stamford Bridge this window if a suitable offer comes in.

With time ticking on the transfer window and no concrete links to suggest he’s leaving anytime soon, Chelsea should seize what looks like a perfect opportunity to offload him.

Chelsea should offer Kepa for Fofana

A tactic worth trying in this window is offering Kepa to Premier League rivals Leicester, who may be in need of a new No.1 goalkeeper.

Chelsea are linked with a move for Foxes 21-year-old centre-back Wesley Fofana, who may reportedly end up costing somewhere between £70million-£85million. However, could the Blues drive down that asking price by including one of their players in the deal?

It’s unclear on if Leicester would be open to signing Kepa, but it appears like they’re in need of a new goalkeeper. Therefore, it must be worth Chelsea considering to get them closer to Fofana’s signature.

Kasper Schmeichel, who’s been Leicester’s outstanding first-choice goalkeeper for over a decade, is actually linked with a transfer exit in this window.

L’Equipe reports 35-year-old Schmeichel has agreed to join French club Nice, but that deal won’t be approved until Leicester find his replacement.

Chelsea must ask the question

For certain, Leicester’s centre-half Fofana is definitely worth chasing this summer.

The quick defender could be a brilliant answer to strengthen Thomas Tuchel’s backline, so should get involved in negotiations to try drive a bargain for him.

It makes sense for the club to chuck Kepa on the table to see if he interests Leicester.

Nobody will be surprised if Kepa’s £71.6million valuation from a few years ago has dramatically fallen, but you’d think including him in a deal would at least put a small dent in the Fofana asking price.

Keep up to date with all the latest Chelsea news and opinion by following The Chelsea Chronicle’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Seems like a sensible solution....... :mellow:

Following a strong start to the first part of his debut season with Chelsea, Arrizabalaga came under criticism for his inconsistency and poor performances, as well as his low save-percentage.[65][73][74] He ended the season strongly with a series of excellent performances, in particular en route to his club's Europa League victory.[74][75] During his second season with Chelsea, he once again drew criticism over his shot-stopping ability and mistakes, which led him to be dropped by his Chelsea manager Frank Lampard for six matches.[76] Arrizabalaga regained his starting position during the FA Cup tie against Liverpool later in the season.[38] However, following more goalkeeping mistakes he was once again dropped for the final league match of the season and the FA Cup Final. He finished the season with the worst save percentage in Premier League history.[77]

1 hour ago, Adrian said:

Bloody hell...what would  we spend the money on anyway...a player of fofana standard can be a difference maker for us..any remote chance of making top 6 means we have to keep him

I can think of a RW and probably another LW for a starter. Maybe a new keeper too??

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So what would you say is reasonable for a defender that many people believe will go on to be one of if not the best defender in the world?

Should we just drop our knickers and accept anything for a player that only signed a new contract 3 months ago?

:rolleyes: Take the blue tinted specs off. He's been out injured for a year and whilst shown to be excellent for his age, still made plenty of mistakes. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

These things are almost always 20% of the profit (otherwise selling for a loss is a double loss). Even then - if we sell him for 70ml it'll be a 26.8m net profit rather than the 33.5m it would be. Not my place to say if that 6.7m is enough to tip the scale against selling.

Double loss for who? 

The 20 percent is factored into the sale.

it doesn’t effect the selling club it’s in the terms of the agreement. 
20% of 100m or 20% of 10m.

technically the selling club owns 80 percent of the player.
Obviously the selling club wants the fee to be as high as possible, but it’s not going to be a caveat on getting the deal completed.

The deals are not almost always a percentage of the profit, as not every player rises in value. So choosing a percentage of the final fee is much more risk adverse option to take.

8 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Seems like a sensible solution....... :mellow:

Following a strong start to the first part of his debut season with Chelsea, Arrizabalaga came under criticism for his inconsistency and poor performances, as well as his low save-percentage.[65][73][74] He ended the season strongly with a series of excellent performances, in particular en route to his club's Europa League victory.[74][75] During his second season with Chelsea, he once again drew criticism over his shot-stopping ability and mistakes, which led him to be dropped by his Chelsea manager Frank Lampard for six matches.[76] Arrizabalaga regained his starting position during the FA Cup tie against Liverpool later in the season.[38] However, following more goalkeeping mistakes he was once again dropped for the final league match of the season and the FA Cup Final. He finished the season with the worst save percentage in Premier League history.[77]

They forget to mention that Kepa gets 155k at Chelsea and here he'll get tops 60k a week here.....no way he turns the good life he gets living in Chelsea for 100grand less a week at Leicester 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1