Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just get him gone so we at least have some actual time to try and get someone else in

I thought he would at least be like he was at Saint Etienne and put the effort in and make himself available to play every game, but this is going to the next step to try and force our hand

Edited by moore_94

Been said before numerous times but bares repeating. The fact the transfer window remains open once the season has kicked off is ludicrous. 

Ziyech and Chalobah in on loan and *£75m. Can then use the Fofana money next summer and reassess then. 

*This is assuming they won’t go higher and therefore we take 2 of theirs on loan for the season

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Been said before numerous times but bares repeating. The fact the transfer window remains open once the season has kicked off is ludicrous. 

Ziyech and Chalobah in on loan and *£75m. Can then use the Fofana money next summer and reassess then. 

*This is assuming they won’t go higher and therefore we take 2 of theirs on loan for the season

You can't loan more than 1 player from a PL team.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever thought that it might be the club that have said for him not to be in the squad because of the potential backlash from some of our fan base!? Imagine if he played and he got boo'ed and let's just say he has not done anything (no transfer request etc) - he'll be pissed! So rather take him out of the equation to avoid that! Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of doubt!?

If he does go on to join Chelsea then his first game back here boo all you like! At the moment he's a Leicester player and unless anything comes from the horses mouth or the club, let's just support our team and players!

22 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It's a charade. He wants to go, I am totally sure he wants to go, but you really think he refuses to play for the next year if Chelsea don't pay? How does that benefit his career? He's already missed almost a year of football with injury, you think he wants another year out on the sidelines?  Not in his best interests.

This is an act. It's a business move. He's trying to force the move, his agent is calculating that Leicester feel they have enough to deal with and will cave and take £60-70m. I think he's gambled wrong, I think we'll stand firm and he will get his head down and play. If he was fundamentally unhappy at Leicester, willing to scorch the earth, he doesn't sign that contract. Or he insists on a release clause.

This.

I ****ing hope we stand firm, pay the money Chelsea or bugger off. Fofana can mess up years of his own career if he wishes, but we'll lose out this way as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What refusing to play ? I wouldn’t say it’s an over reaction 

Some people not seeing the other side that he himself might not be in the right frame of mind with all of the speculation etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone ever thought that it might be the club that have said for him not to be in the squad because of the potential backlash from some of our fan base!? Imagine if he played and he got boo'ed and let's just say he has not done anything (no transfer request etc) - he'll be pissed! So rather take him out of the equation to avoid that! Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of doubt!?

If he does go on to join Chelsea then his first game back here boo all you like! At the moment he's a Leicester player and unless anything comes from the horses mouth or the club, let's just support our team and players!

Or they just know he's not mentally focused with everyone's going on and as a young player are removing him from the spotlight. I think he's as good as gone, no need to play him, him have another below par performance make an error and cost us points because his mind is elsewhere.

While the options aren't great it's better to get those who are likely to be involved moving forward in the squad and be doing the work with them.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv

Just now, Ashley said:

Doubt a deal will be done before we play Chelsea. 

The annoying part of all of this is that the longer this drags on the harder it will be for us to use the money effectively.  This seems ultimately unplanned and I’d be terrified if we were spending big cash late in the window when our top targets have probably already gone to other clubs already 

• Like 1