Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

is it my age showing, or is anyone else struggling to care about this saga? 

Completely different feeling to Mahrez or kante or even maguire(someone i desperately wanted to leave) 

Happy if he stays, happy if he goes (for a good price) 

First step in righting the ship is getting players in who want to be with LCFC. This immature clown obvsiouly doesn't so he probably needs to go.  But I'd hold firm in the price. If Chelsea doesn't like it, let Wes play with the U23's for 6 months.

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

is it my age showing, or is anyone else struggling to care about this saga? 

Completely different feeling to Mahrez or kante or even maguire(someone i desperately wanted to leave) 

Happy if he stays, happy if he goes (for a good price) 

Honestly it's annoying but I can't really work myself up into a frothing at the mouth mess about it. 

Sadly this is modern football and we knew what we were getting with his previous antics.  

Just now, StanSP said:

Including the 'stop inventing everything' stuff on Snapchat?

Yeah he put out a tweet saying stop making up everything and anything about me

Deleted it pretty quickly

Then replied with all the laughing emojis to a French Lcfc twitter page he interacts with a lot that had posted about what Tanner had said

This the fundamental fault with this "stepping stone" model we supposedly exercise. We need  players who want to play for us . These ambitious kids are not team players and if LCFC are not a team they are nothing. On a much bigger scale Man.Utd. are failing because they are not a team. We will make money on Fofana but he has disrupted the team at an awkward time. Stuff our so called "model" , we will have to generate money in other ways.

• Like 1

This is the modern game unfortunately. If this was player we had for years and had signed a new deal even last year I could see his point. Its just the fact he signed a new deal when he had a long term injury and and he not shown any return whatsoever on that. Couple that with the timing of it all, I can see why we are all so frustrated.

If Rodgers has taken him out of the squad as his head is not

in right place personally I hope we can move on and he can perform well for a year. If he is asking to not play so he can move, stick the w***** in the reserves and tell him if he wants the move next year to get his head down and work hard. If he does that, I would genuinely forgive him. 

Bottom line is the club and management won't let him play regardless. He might get injured and that scuppers any prospective bid, and equally his head isn't properly right, and the fans will only boo the arse off him, or pick on any errors and he'll just be a liability of nerves and distraction. He hasn't chosen to not play.

Edited by sphericalfox

I know we hate Ben Jacobs but I find his most recent tweet - saying that Fofana hasn’t refused to play, but that he isn’t in the right headspace with all this going on - seems possible to me.

However, I’m probably just at the bargaining stage of grief.

Just make sure we do not bow to any antics and drop the price. That does not benefit LCFC one bit.  No price match, keep and stick in the under 23’s.  The Club simply cannot allow any individual to push them around. If they do, it will happen again and again.

Stay strong Top and Susan. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just make sure we do not bow to any antics and drop the price. That does not benefit LCFC one bit.  No price match, keep and stick in the under 23’s.  The Club simply cannot allow any individual to push them around. If they do, it will happen again and again.

I think once the window closes and he can’t get what he wants he will want to play every game. Until January and then he will be wanting a move again 

Edited by Ely fox

On 17/08/2022 at 09:45, Clarkey123 said:

I’d personally have him on the bench Saturday. We don’t need the negativity and uncertainty in his game at a very uncertain period for us.

More of a statement move than anything that no one is bigger than the club, and the team is much more important than one player…

I feel so vindicated. Fcuk him off!

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think that will be Chelsea's strategy now. Unsettle him as much as possible between now at the end of the window and come in with a bid in the 65-70m region on the last few days. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

I think that will be Chelsea's strategy now. Unsettle him as much as possible between now at the end of the window and come in with a bid in the 65-70m region on the last few days. 

And they can still Fuchs off. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I think once the window closes and he can’t get what he wants he will want to play every game. Until January and then he will be wanting a move again 

Na he'll sulk and play with his head down for a couple of months. Then start picking it up in November, just like Marhez did, when he realises he needs to be ready for the window.

• Haha 1