Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

They forget to mention that Kepa gets 155k at Chelsea and for he'll get tops 60k a week here.....no way he turns the good life he gets living in Chelsea for 100grand less a week here

Fits the remit of a broken player BR likes to mend.

That said, is he broken or was he just overrated and over priced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

See that is where you are wrong.  Record transfers are forever going up and up.  He would be up there at the moment, but say 10 years from now would he be?

No shit Sherlock, but that doesn't escape the fact that champions league proven quality young players haven't touched the levels people are talking about here. They are still going in the low to mid £70m region. He's done nothing to be valued higher than most of those recent transfers. 

IF, and it's a big IF. The market recovers post covid and he had a truly exceptional season, then maybe we'll see something close to or north of the Maguire fee. But not on the back of a year out injured. 

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

:rolleyes: Take the blue tinted specs off. He's been out injured for a year and whilst shown to be excellent for his age, still made plenty of mistakes. 

Honestly, some of the stuff I read on here.

He's played less than 50 games for us and only 5 times for the French U21 side lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He's played less than 50 games for us and only 5 times for the French U21 side lol

and coming back from a horrific double break, that the long term implications are still unknown.

Just 7 games into his return, short term durability could also be questioned as this stage. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

:rolleyes: Take the blue tinted specs off. He's been out injured for a year and whilst shown to be excellent for his age, still made plenty of mistakes. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

So tell us all with your far more infinite wisdom than literally everyone else on the forum exactly what we should be expecting to get for him then?

Take your argumentative specs off for a minute and tell me what is incorrect in the statement that he will be one of if not the best defender in the world in a couple of years.  Who, in his age group is a better in world football right now?

Guest Col city fan

Update:

I’m pleased to announce that following a brief spell of constipation the ‘lock-gates are now open once more’

Thanks for caring and I’ll continue to update upon my reminiscences of ‘cult-heroes’ from a bygone era.

Currently Tommy Wright and Iwan Roberts. Though I’m still unsure if these can be accurately described as cult heroes as they were both possibly too good?

Over and out…

👍
Back to business… have we got 100 mill plus the other bloke for Fofana yet?

Edited by Col city fan

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Even 100m is cheap for Wesley....given that he's got about 13years in his game.

That's about 7.5m a year, peanuts for the super rich clubs, also they'll easy get that back in merchandise sales and club sponsorship with Wesley. 

The Italians fans would go crazy for him.....

Bremer just moved to Juve for 34m not including add ons and he was Italian Defender of the season.

As others have said post Covid the landscape is a little different.

7 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So tell us all with your far more infinite wisdom than literally everyone else on the forum exactly what we should be expecting to get for him then?

Take your argumentative specs off for a minute and tell me what is incorrect in the statement that he will be one of if not the best defender in the world in a couple of years.  Who, in his age group is a better in world football right now?

Look at the market, look at what players are fetching, use your noggin. There is also a difference between what we'd accept and what another team would bid. IF, and it's a big IF, the 20% sell on is right, then we'd probably want more than another team is likely to pay at this stage. 

Out of your Galactico type player, it's top strikers fetching £100m, not defenders. Kounde and De Light are doing in the £50-£60m region currently. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Look at the market, look at what players are fetching, use your noggin. There is also a difference between what we'd accept and what another team would bid. IF, and it's a big IF, the 20% sell on is right, then we'd probably want more than another team is likely to pay at this stage. 

Out of your Galactico type player, it's top strikers fetching £100m, not defenders. Kounde and De Light are doing in the £50-£60m region currently. 

To be fair, I do agree BUT your not quoting PL fees.

No way Maguire goes for 80m (pre or post COVID) to another country for as much.

Then you throw in Lukaku as an example of this - Chelsea pay 100m and 12 months later let him go back to Inter for a 10m loan fee.

Comparing transfer fees is correct but value in the PL compared to outside is apples and oranges.

Edited by SafewayFox