Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think they'll continue to come if Rodgers remains in charge and insists on his snore fest brand of football, it's dire for the most part regardless of results. I don't see many of our better players wanting to continue here much longer, perhaps it's become a dirge for them too?

Leicestershire has a million citizens and 1 football club, I really think it's about price, availibilty and atmosphere. People get turned off when you need to buy a membership to get availibilty for tickets, or keep going into ballots, and the price in unaffordable for young lads and lasses from working class backgrounds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think they'll continue to come if Rodgers remains in charge and insists on his snore fest brand of football, it's dire for the most part regardless of results. I don't see many of our better players wanting to continue here much longer, perhaps it's become a dirge for them too?

One of the best stadiums in the Championship soon 🙄

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

You missed my point, it was capacity that needs increasing to increase ST and general sale tickets. We should be building to 45k capacity and reduce ticket prices. Build it, set a fair price and they will come.

They wont reduce prices...any extension wil have to be paid for.

If we were 45k capacity i would be happy to cap sts at 30k.

But right now i an wondering how it will be with 45k when back in the championship. 

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

They wont reduce prices...any extension wil have to be paid for.

If we were 45k capacity i would be happy to cap sts at 30k.

But right now i an wondering how it will be with 45k when back in the championship. 

business is about setting the price right to get the maximum bums on seats. If the price is right, you get new fans in that buy merchandise and confectionary and possibly leicester fans for life. Wheres the growth?

Our whole problem stems with our club not being as attractive as others, you can see players love playing to a big passionate crowd and i'm afraid we just dont have that, and theres not alot else going for the club when it comes to attracting a player. Theres the training ground and thats about it.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

You missed my point, it was capacity that needs increasing to increase ST and general sale tickets. We should be building to 45k capacity and reduce ticket prices. Build it, set a fair price and they will come.

Off topic from the thread, but the club don't want general ticket sales. Yesterday they chose to forgo selling 600 tickets at 30 quid a pop in block M, ie 18k, rather than risk selling to those they deem undesirable

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

business is about setting the price right to get the maximum bums on seats. If the price is right, you get new fans in that buy merchandise and confectionary and possibly leicester fans for life. Wheres the growth?

Our whole problem stems with our club not being as attractive as others, you can see players love playing to a big passionate crowd and i'm afraid we just dont have that, and theres not alot else going for the club when it comes to attracting a player. Theres the training ground and thats about it.

But trust me.  I have worke6e with major consumer brands..  they really want to engage with the customers of the future.

Sell him for more than Maguire and keep the money away from Brendan (with the only exception being a legally required severance package) and I'll be happy.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Harvey Vale is pure sauce, contract up next summer as well and like many Chelsea academy players, might have had enough not getting a game. Left footed ACM/RW

Have we given up on both defending and signing a new defender in favour of a right winger? I know you probably have, but I mean in general.

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Off topic from the thread, but the club don't want general ticket sales. Yesterday they chose to forgo selling 600 tickets at 30 quid a pop in block M, ie 18k, rather than risk selling to those they deem undesirable

good grief, such a shame

17 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Get rid asap, doing more harm than good keeping him here - awful attitude which could be his downfall in his career 

scenes in two years time when he does the same to Chelsea and publicly pines for  Barcelona/ Real Madrid. 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

I’m all for fleecing Chelsea and getting as much for Fofana as possible, and with his apparent behaviour in this whole business, I’m not bothered if he feels hard done by. However have the hawks here considered the effect this might have on negotiations with Maddison to extend his contract? Can’t see him renewing.

42 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’m all for fleecing Chelsea and getting as much for Fofana as possible, and with his apparent behaviour in this whole business, I’m not bothered if he feels hard done by. However have the hawks here considered the effect this might have on negotiations with Maddison to extend his contract? Can’t see him renewing.

Given the way the team are playing around him, lifeless after scoring, lifeless after conceding, and coached to play one system that’s failing and easy to stop - Id say there’s almost zero chance of Maddison signing a new contract, at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

Footballers really are an effin laugh.  A cost of living crisis where millions are worried about paying bills and Fofana can't be arsed playing even though he signed a multi-million pound deal last year.   Ridiculous.   After losing the game yesterday I fully expect him to be gone later in the week.  

Really good point that.  Something you forget in the nonsense, rumours and hype.  People out there working their balls off to scratch a living and this chap doesn't even have the integrity to play 90 minutes of football for the fans who help to pay his huge salary. 

We're through the looking glass aren't we?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Deebhoy said:

Footballers really are an effin laugh.  A cost of living crisis where millions are worried about paying bills and Fofana can't be arsed playing even though he signed a multi-million pound deal last year.   Ridiculous.   After losing the game yesterday I fully expect him to be gone later in the week.  

Fofana should take a leaf out of the book of Sadio Mane, who has done so much to help the cause of poor people in his native country.

• Like 2