Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Rodgers is a moron, if WES stays he has to play well or he will never get the dream move , I am beginning to believe that a lot of the shit happening at the club revolves around Rodgers 

As usual , its about money , it always is. King Power have taken a massive hit over the last couple of years. Their priority is to protect the core company , we are peripheral.. Improving contracts is where any money is going and that means no transfer funds. As many have said Rodgers is finding this a convenient excuse for his other failings. If we sack him , he has his explanations all lined up and he will deny responsibility.

The headline for the Chelsea game in the Telegraph is  “Chelsea’s capitulation underlines need to sign Fofana” ..  well every minnow is there to help the big boys compete against the other big boys so I really think we should just rip up his contract and let him go for whatever price Chelsea offer ..  and before the next game so they can get him settled in quickly and won’t lose again !  

Sometimes football just stinks. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Every day that he's still not been sold is a bad thing now. 

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Get this done today please.

No ..  tell Chelsea ..  and that self entitled tw@t to ..  FVCK RIGHT OFF !

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Thankfully the club have some business sense and they won’t sell for anything less than an absolute fortune. Odd how many people on here want to see our best young player sold as quickly as possible. 

I don't think people would ideally want him sold but in reality there is little point in keeping someone who no longer seems to want to play for the club. People who are forced into doing something they don't want to do will never perform to their full potential. Given that, the sensible thing to do is to get as much money as we can and invest it sensibly. That approach seems to have worked well for Brighton and Leeds this summer. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I don't think people would ideally want him sold but in reality there is little point in keeping someone who no longer seems to want to play for the club. People who are forced into doing something they don't want to do will never perform to their full potential. Given that, the sensible thing to do is to get as much money as we can and invest it sensibly. That approach seems to have worked well for Brighton and Leeds this summer. 

Can we invest any money sensibly this late in the window? A fofana playing at even 75% is still gonna be better than the majority of cbs we could get in at this point and it's definitely preferable to playing amartey and vestergaard all season which could happen if we can't replace him. Kane played alright for spurs last season despite wanting to leave as did modric several seasons back. Anything below something insane like 100m we should reject as it just makes an already weak defence weaker.

16 hours ago, MPH said:

The paper work was sent to us on time but we messed on on receiving it on time

im intrigued... how did we not "receive" it... did someone nip off for a fag or go to the loo? lol 

Selling Fofana for near enough to our valuation is not all negative. Its how we use that money that scares me. We went through a period of really investing well - with the odd mistake here and there. Dortmund have done it. Leipzig do it. So do Atlanta and on a bigger scale, Atleti. These are clubs who do it well. Our season doesnt end with the sale. It does end if Brendan signs Bednarek and Elyounoussi. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Fofana may not have been Chelsea's No. 1 target as if he was they would surely have moved for him earlier in the window.

Time to test their resolve by refusing to let Fofana leave until we have a replacement. No way can we continue with Amartey as first choice next to Evans.

• Like 2