Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

24 minutes ago, turlo said:

So he's making an educated guess based on Rodgers post match interview, rather than having any inside knowledge of Leicester.

He's been making reasonably educated guesses on all manner of our transfers this season. All of them plausible. But as you and others say, he's absolutely no insight, no intel, no informant whatsoever. 

The lad's no more a  journalist than you or I. He's a complete bullshitt punter backing the favourite horse in every race and will scream he had the tip if it comes in. 

• Like 2

'Done nothing' - Graeme Souness tears into Wesley Fofana over Chelsea transfer saga
Latest Leicester City transfer news from LeicestershireLive as Graeme Souness weighs in on Wesley Fofana's public push for a move to Chelsea

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
13:19, 22 AUG 2022

Graeme Souness has had his say on the Wesley Fofana transfer saga (Image: Sky Sports)

Graeme Souness has hit out at Wesley Fofana and claimed the Leicester City defender has "done nothing in the game" as he seeks a transfer to Chelsea.

Fofana is publicly pushing for a move to Stamford Bridge and was left out of the matchday squad as City fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to Southampton on Saturday afternoon.

The nature of the situation and the way it is being played out has drawn plenty of comment from those in the game, with Souness the latest to weigh in on the situation. He says he would "fall out" with Fofana if he were a manager and went on to criticise both the player and the nature of modern management.

"I’d fall out with him and that possibly is the wrong thing to do but at the end of the day, Brendan’s now walking a tightrope and people will be looking at them now," Souness told talkSPORT.

"They’ve not had a good time, they’re sitting bottom of the league and he’s got that kind of thing when really he should be on trying to win the next football match. That is modern management, he has to bend over and plead. He’s 21, Fofana, a boy who has done nothing in the game, who may be a top player one day, and he’s having to bend over (saying) ‘please play for me’.

"That’s how mad and out of sync football has become where the tail now wags the dog. Players sign big fat contracts, paid absolute fortunes and they can pick and choose when they want to play.

"He’ll have got paid for last week’s work where his head’s not in it, of course he will. The whole thing is out of sync and this is the sad thing about the modern game, players now who basically call the shots. If you’re a manager today, you're name only, you’re not the boss. Managers today are name only and it does not show players in a good light."

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has said Brendan Rodgers' stance on Wesley Fofana is "weak".

The Leicester City manager left Fofana out of the 2-1 defeat at home to Southampton on Saturday afternoon, with the 21-year-old watching the game from the stands with his wife. The decision was taken amid transfer interest in the central defender from Chelsea.

Jordan believes the same situation wouldn't have arisen at Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool or Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. While he called Rodgers' stance "weak", he also admitted there is "no point" in Leicester trying to convince Fofana to stay.

"I wouldn’t see this happening with Klopp and I wouldn’t see it happening with Guardiola," Jordan said. "Perhaps you can suggest they’re winning, they’ve got better sides and they’ve got control of their own destiny.

"I think Brendan is weak here, I think the player wants to go so there’s no point trying to convince him otherwise because the players ultimately made his decision. The best thing to do is ratchet the price up, get the deal done, buy someone else and move on."

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Sourness and Jordan are both partially right and Rodgers's is not the sort if manager to take a strong position if it puts him out on a limb. Pearson would have been much stronger in his stance and ignored any criticism.

Jordan's view is nonsense when it's not down to Rodgers to do what he's suggesting we do. If we show Chelsea we're desperate to get rid of him they'll continue to try and lowball us

Take Boehly´s Y-Fronts down to his ankles and show him little old Leicester cannot be pushed around.  Hopefully they move for Maguire or Ryan Bennett now.

39 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I believe Dorsett more, think he's got an in now with the club following the long read he did about why we haven't bought in players. Looks like that piece was heavily briefed by Leicester. 

Similar to stance Levy took with Kane. Although Kane is a long term Spurs player. Anyway imagine if Chelsea had bought some other bod. Fofana would have been happy to play for us. No other club sniffing at present. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Similar to stance Levy took with Kane. Although Kane is a long term Spurs player. Anyway imagine if Chelsea had bought some other bod. Fofana would have been happy to play for us. No other club sniffing at present. 

Yeah. But Rodgers comments appears even weirder when he says he's not sure if Fofana will be the same if he doesn't get a move. 

The inference is he'd prefer him to go to get the money in, while the owners have a different position. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah. But Rodgers comments appears even weirder when he says he's not sure if Fofana will be the same if he doesn't get a move. 

The inference is he'd prefer him to go to get the money in, while the owners have a different position. 

See what you mean. Very odd

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

On this point I agree with Rodgers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

he's not sure if Fofana will be the same if he doesn't get a move. 

In fairness, isn't that simply the truth? How could anyone say how Fofana will respond?

Blimey, there's many an occasion where even I don't know how I'm going to respond to a situation until it happens.

• Like 1